U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2015, 11:18 PM
 
77 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cadillac_Lawyer View Post
PHX traffic is a bear. Traveling 5 miles on surface streets can take up to 25 minutes during peak times. I would suggest living in the same zip as your job. The light rail would definitely be ideal
What is peak time? I'm usually out the door by 06:30-06:40 as I need to be at work by 0700.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 AM
 
17,827 posts, read 38,804,110 times
Reputation: 10482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexethan View Post
What is peak time? I'm usually out the door by 06:30-06:40 as I need to be at work by 0700.
That's on the early side, so it should be better. And, in the morning, you'll be going the opposite direction of most of the traffic. It can change a lot in 10 minutes' time, but you should be fine at that time. You will likely have more traffic on the drive home, even if you leave early. I think the Dakota's a great location if you like everything else about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 10:25 AM
 
831 posts, read 2,133,117 times
Reputation: 787
AM should be ok, however its seems as if R/H starts @ 1pm in the Phoenix metro area
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 02:41 PM
 
77 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 124
Thanks guys! I'm hoping to get out of work between 4-5 pm but we will see! That seem to be the rush hour everywhere. I don't mind it taking a little longer on the way home though. The Dakota it is. There are other apartments around there but they lack in unit washer and dryer. I don't do laundry room using either coins or cards.

A few more questions, does anyone have any information about the resident owned apartments at the Dakota? It seems like it's a mixture of apartments run by a company but there are also units that are owned out right you can rent from. I'm asking because those units look like they have either hardwood or tiled floors rather than carpet. I tried Craigslist but didn't see any listed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 02:43 PM
 
17,827 posts, read 38,804,110 times
Reputation: 10482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexethan View Post
Thanks guys! I'm hoping to get out of work between 4-5 pm but we will see! That seem to be the rush hour everywhere. I don't mind it taking a little longer on the way home though. The Dakota it is. There are other apartments around there but they lack in unit washer and dryer. I don't do laundry room using either coins or cards.

A few more questions, does anyone have any information about the resident owned apartments at the Dakota? It seems like it's a mixture of apartments run by a company but there are also units that are owned out right you can rent from. I'm asking because those units look like they have either hardwood or tiled floors rather than carpet. I tried Craigslist but didn't see any listed.
There might not be any for rent right now; the office might not be inclined to help you, but if there aren't any to rent right now they might tell you how the owners go about renting them when they are available. If you go ahead and rent one of the regular ones and really like it, it may work out later to get one of those.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 02:50 PM
 
77 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There might not be any for rent right now; the office might not be inclined to help you, but if there aren't any to rent right now they might tell you how the owners go about renting them when they are available. If you go ahead and rent one of the regular ones and really like it, it may work out later to get one of those.
I called inquiring yesterday. One of the girls mentioned online and did specifically stated Craigslist. I guess I'll keep a lookout for them. Wish they have a bulletin board like college. .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 02:53 PM
 
77 posts, read 61,924 times
Reputation: 124
Just want to say I love out it looks so green from satellite!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top