Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Michael Carrecia hadn't worked for several years due to an accident that disabled one arm. He stayed home with the kids; Tina worked.

Commercial pilots are just as fallible as anyone else. My husband has a commercial rating.
Any human is fallible. That's a moot point.

My comment had to do with that he had enough brains and talent to fly a commercial airliner for a major carrier, so he wasn't some ne'er do well his whole life. Something sidetracked him along the way, which it makes it all the more tragic.

This drug situation may have been something very recent.

The whole scenario is very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 05:59 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
My comment had to do with that he had enough brains and talent to fly a commercial airliner for a major carrier, so he wasn't some ne'er do well his whole life. Something sidetracked him along the way, which it makes it all the more tragic.
I'm not going to argue with someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

All you need to be a commercial airline pilot is a pile of money and eventually, a whole bunch of hours as PIC. But mostly money.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I'm not going to argue with someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

All you need to be a commercial airline pilot is a pile of money and eventually, a whole bunch of hours as PIC. But mostly money.
No, you don't know what you're talking about. It takes some skill and brains to get a pilot's license.

I agree, it takes money. I know of a couple of people who have failed more than once despite taking lessons and having very good jobs to pay for those lessons.

To dismiss it like you did is incorrect.

Last edited by seain dublin; 07-02-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 07-03-2015, 12:26 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Commercial pilots have to take random drug testing often probably since he was on medical leave he didn't have to take it. The details of the case have not been released yet but I can tell you that people I never looked like they did meth did. You never know what a person will do who has been using meth for years is going to do. They get very agitated when they have been up for several days and exhausted from doing meth that entire time. At least they were found in a short amount of time I thought this was going to be another Mcstay family type of thing it would take 5 years to figure out.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:15 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,231,276 times
Just my 2 cents. I don't read too much into "not cooperating" with the police now a days. Sometimes that simply means the person being questioned insisted on having an attorney present. In capital crime cases where you find yourself involved I've been told you're supposed to tell the officers you will cooperate but want to speak with your attorney first. Considering the possible problems arising from a misunderstanding that seems good advice to me.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:26 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Looks like your friend smoked meth with the killer who is an illegal. Sorry I don't have much sympathy who brought this to his family.
Where do you find that the killer was in the country illegally? I just got though a bunch of google searches and can't find anything that says that. Maybe I missed something?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:51 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Maricopa couple's family denies drug use

Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Where do you find that the killer was in the country illegally? I just got though a bunch of google searches and can't find anything that says that. Maybe I missed something?

I read that the Sheriff said in his press conference that Valenzuela was born here and lived in that area all his life.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:30 AM

770 posts, read 837,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Like I stated earlier it was an article on the AP. They may have put it out too early, and may of been false. Sometimes early on media outlets are quick to post anything to get the scoop. Just like it's now coming out the meth use was false toxicology reports will be able to clear that up.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:37 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Like I stated earlier it was an article on the AP. They may have put it out too early, and may of been false. Sometimes early on media outlets are quick to post anything to get the scoop. Just like it's now coming out the meth use was false toxicology reports will be able to clear that up.
Their killer was asked all week if he knew where they were. He told us and police he didn't know. Meanwhile he borrowed a backhoe to dig a 6 foot grave in his backyard to throw my friends into. He could have shot them, and then shot meth into them as a cover up. Who knows? The killer, and only him knows for sure.

I doubt we will ever know what really happened but I can tell you this, I will never believe a guy who murdered two people he knew had children waiting at home. Who buried them like dogs in his backyard and watched a whole city search the desert for them in 115 degree heat. He was a liar, and a killer.

Their kids have to live around the corner from where their parents were murdered. Imagine that! And now they get to hear everyone's opinions about their parents based on what the guy said who killed them. So he is still causing pain from jail to the victims.

This is the last time I will post here. I would appreciate it if negative thoughts be kept to yourselves. Their kids are tired of reading it. I deeply appreciate all of those who refused to believe a murderer, and gave well wishes and sympathy to the real victims in this whole mess. Their children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area