Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 09:48 PM

784 posts, read 922,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I guess a meeting between the two of them was unavoidable and is now happening in our midst. We'll probably hear why Hillary Clinton wasn't really born in Arkansas and why profiling minorities should be the basis of police work. Apparently Senator Flake wanted to avoid this whole embarrassment but was rebuked by the local Maricopa Republican chairman who apparently was "thrilled" by the idea. Here we go... I am concerned though that this will just reinforce our fringe reputation and damage Phoenix as a place for business and investments, among other things.

Donald Trump Arizona: Anti-immigrant sheriff Joe Arpaio appearing with 2016 candidate in Phoenix Saturday.
The fact that you are reading from a media outlet that clearly is lying in their headline "anti-immigrant sheriff"....does not help your cause.

Why the need to lie about Joe's stance....he is against illegal immigration.....its almost like you aren't aware of the difference.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:13 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,675,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
As will the country if the party of handouts takes over.

Take a good look at whats going on in Greece and get ready for a nasty ride here!
the "handouts" are nothing compared to the trillions pissed away in the middle east by both parties.

The Greek analogy is apt - the "bailout" a few years back went largely to creditor banks in foreign countries, not the people who live there.

It's also apt, because the "job creators" in Greece have taken tax avoidance to a whole new level. It's a perfect case-study for what happens when the 1% is allowed to suck off the cream without providing any milk. Just as it is here, W2 wage-earners are super-easy to tax, and the wealthy duck-and-weave to avoid paying anything at all.

I really find it amazing how many idolize Reagan here & skip over entirely the reign of Clinton the first. Remember how we were having discussions about paying off the national debt *entirely*? How there were pundits claiming we should have a *little* bit of debt, and not completely pay it off?

But after starting a war based on lies & pissing away a couple trillion dollars to accomplish // nothing of value // we're supposed to believe the party of "no" can handle a checkbook?

Mr (thrice bankrupt) Trump isn't qualified to run a McDonald's, much less a country.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:48 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,596 times
Trump is really going full-on white supremacist. I do think it's helping him with the Teabagger vote. I don't think it's that farfetched that Trump actually gets the GOP nod since there's so many candidates that he can win 20% victories in states and be the nominee, although I expect a full on GOP civil war if hes coming close.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:43 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,463,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I am concerned though that this will just reinforce our fringe reputation and damage Phoenix as a place for business and investments, among other things.
If this is such a concern of yours, why did you start a thread on the subject to give the subject matter more press, so to speak?

And are you saying Phoenix or AZ as a whole should suppress candidates who talk bluntly and have a different view than yours from speaking, especially given he is now in 1st place in the latest rep candidate poll and obviously a viable candidate for a major political party?

Polls: Donald Trump in first place - Business Insider

That to me would put Phoenix in a "fringe" reputation in and of itself. And if you are concerned business and investments are potentially afraid of coming here because Donald Trump is speaking in Phoenix for a few hours, without even knowing what he is going to say in Phoenix may I add, we have reached a sad new level in suppressing one's 1st amendment rights in the name of PC. I applaud the mayor of Phoenix for stating such a thing along these lines.

Venue change for Donald Trump's Saturday event in Phoenix - ABC15 Arizona

And quoting a slate article, eh? No bias there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Mr (thrice bankrupt) Trump isn't qualified to run a McDonald's, much less a country.
And in contrast, are you suggesting the upstanding PC speak/lie/don't say what you mean crew of all party stripes that have been running our country for a spell now into the ground financially, have us approaching 20 trillion in national debt(and that's the headline number), not to mention underfunded SSN, Medicare, etc. also deep into the hole are "qualified? All I'll say is thank goodness we have "unlimited" credit in the form of treasury notes and benefactors like China buying them up. Sure wish I could run my financial life the same way and keep ramping up our families "Debt ceiling" as the "solution". Good grief.

Back to reality and what my feeling is on Trump speaking in Phoenix or for anyone speaking for that matter who I agree with, don't agree with, or maybe a little in between:

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Seems a few can learn a little from that line.

Disclosure: I think all politicians stink. I trust none of them.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:36 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,979,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
As your contemporaries pass on, Arizona will turn left & deep-blue like a quality sapphire. Enjoy the next decade or so, it'll be the last-gasp before the party of "no" sinks into oblivion.
If anything there will be a return to Goldwater style common sense (and I think it's only a matter of time before this does happen). Arizona will never "turn left". A Democratic opposition waving the flag of Elizabeth Warren will never win over Arizona voters.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:11 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,309,991 times
Speaking of candidates for president, Bernie Sanders is coming to Phoenix next Saturday, July 18. A free event at Comerica Theater, West Washington Street, downtown; reservations are required. I can't wait to hear what Sheriff Arpiao thinks about the senator from Vermont. I wonder where he thinks Bernie was born.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:02 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,675,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Speaking of candidates for president, Bernie Sanders is coming to Phoenix next Saturday, July 18. A free event at Comerica Theater, West Washington Street, downtown; reservations are required. I can't wait to hear what Sheriff Arpiao thinks about the senator from Vermont. I wonder where he thinks Bernie was born.
i'd be very surprised if Joe doesn't "investigate" him.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:25 AM

175 posts, read 491,469 times
Default Just registered to the event

Just registered 6 people to attended but will never intend on ever showing up. Just want them to make them think a lot of people showing up, having to make additional security/fire plans.
You should all to the same, it would be funny to see an empty venue.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:44 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
Just registered 6 people to attended but will never intend on ever showing up. Just want them to make them think a lot of people showing up, having to make additional security/fire plans.
I'm going to take 4 friends to go see Trumpster while I'm in town.

Thanks for saving me a spot and the hassle of having to register.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:47 AM

12,103 posts, read 23,259,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
That's not how things work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area