Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM

25 posts, read 188,043 times

Advertisements

We are coming to Arizona in April to look at housing. I have found these two hotels that dont look to bad, But I need to know if they are in a bad area of town. Can you please help me?? The two hotels are

Red Roof Inn Phoenix West
On W. Willetta St.
Phoenix, Az

Or

Homestead Studio Suites
ON Denlay Ave
Phoenix, Az

I know most areas are not crime free , but really dont want to be staying in the bad areas of town, because I am cheap and don't want to pay $$$$ for a place to sleep. Wont be in the room much.
Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 12:34 PM

54,496 posts, read 33,866,725 times
You're saying "W Willetta", how far west? What's the address? If the address is greater than 700, then I'd think twice about staying there.

I'm not sure where Denlay Ave is, so I couldn't give you enough information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourt View Post
We are coming to Arizona in April to look at housing. I have found these two hotels that dont look to bad, But I need to know if they are in a bad area of town. Can you please help me?? The two hotels are

Red Roof Inn Phoenix West
On W. Willetta St.
Phoenix, Az

Or

Homestead Studio Suites
ON Denlay Ave
Phoenix, Az

I know most areas are not crime free , but really dont want to be staying in the bad areas of town, because I am cheap and don't want to pay $$$$ for a place to sleep. Wont be in the room much.
Thank you in advance.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Default thanks Magnum Mike

they have 3 in Phoniex. addresses are
5215 W Willetta St
502 W Camelback Road
17222 N Black Canyon Freeway
I hope this helps. Any body know about the other hotel?
Again thanks for all your help.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,451,406 times
A few things to keep in mind:

-- Because the Phoenix area is laid out as a grid, streets can stretch for 20 miles or more. It's always crucial to state a full address. A street name by itself is not good enough because one street can pass through dozens of neighborhoods of varying quality.

-- Safety is certainly important, but you also need to be near your target areas for house hunting. You don't want to find yourself 30 miles from where you need to be. Also, staying in your target area will help you get a better feel for it.

-- The Red Roof Inn you are looking at appears to be one on 51st Ave just south of McDowell. That's not a great area. I wouldn't say that you'd necessarily be in danger, but it's a motel right by the interstate and an industrial area. The residential neighborhood to the north, Maryvale, has a bad reputation right now.

-- I think the Homestead Suites you are referring to is on Dunlap (not Denlay) just west of I-17. Again, not a prime area.

-- My advice is to spend a bit more to find a hotel near wherever you are house hunting.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
I believe they meant Dunlap Ave.
Depends on the area. The hotel on the 2100W area of Dunlap is near the 1-17 freeway and probably much better than the Wiletta area.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Default thank you changing area to stay

We will be looking in the Estrella Mountain Ranch for a home. But all the Goodyear hotels want 130.00 per night. I dont want to pay that to just sleep, I am not going to be in my room much. Would the

Best Western Inn and Suites of Suncity
11201 Grand Ave Us
Suncity

Be a better idea. Is this a safer alternative??? I think we will stay out of Phoniex. I read this is mostly retired people and young familys who live in suncity. Sounds like it my be a safer town to stay in. Suncity is only 15 miles from Goodyear, so not to far.

I appricate all the help

Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,451,406 times
Sun City -- safe but dull

There are also many safe areas within Phoenix City limits, but not so much in the direction of Estrella. Your best options are probably along the 101 Freeway from Westgate on up to Peoria, north Glendale, and Sun City.

Keep in mind that Phoenix hotel rates are highly seasonal. Right now, we're in the middle of tourist season, so $130 per night is actually pretty reasonable for a decent hotel. The price would be half that in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area