Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 10:05 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

It was like pulling teeth, but I finally got an answer...now just want to verify by someone who actually knows.

In Sun City West, apparently beyond the general HOA rules, individual neighborhoods have additional HOA rules. I want to move there but have a small conure parrot. I've been told that as long as it's being raised as a pet, but that you're not raising parrots to sell that you're okay.

Anyone who lives there actually know?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 06:18 AM

576 posts, read 830,321 times
You are right that individual areas and communities within SCW do have covenants over and above those within the city as a whole. However, they can and do vary from area to area. Your best bet is to obtain a copy of the covenants for the area you are interested in and review them prior to purchasing. Your realtor should be able to obtain them for you - I believe it is the law that you be provided a copy prior to purchasing. You can obtain a copy of the SCW restrictions from PORA: PORA Sun City West Home.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:00 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times
Old post so I hope the OP has an answer by now but ARS 33-1806 is the state law that defined the responsibilities of an owner/HOA to disclose information. Simple answer the HOA has 10 days to send the purchaser a ton of info and then the purchaser has 5 days to cancel the contract without penalty.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:16 AM

416 posts, read 260,155 times
Typically the confusion in Sun City/Sun City West HOA's stems from the types of housing sold. PORA does indeed enforce the community CC&R's; however attached housing units have their own home owners associations with their own rules. Under state statute, they need provide you with copies of and the financials when you close.

AZM is right, have your Realtor get copies if you are planning on buying in an attached housing setting as their CC&R's will vary.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:13 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Thanks folks. Yes, I finally did get a firm answer in writing, and the answer was yes, a parrot as a true pet is fine. In my case I am looking at "single family" homes.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 972 times
I'm sure you've moved or not by now, but I've a friend with a Parrot in Sun City West, she had to Buy rather than Rent because Rentals required her friend be caged Indoors (albeit friend is paper trained) & Leashed outdoors on communal property; Whereas, with Purchased Home Property she's restricted neither way, as off her Property is 'public' sidewalks & drives where common sense and Sanctioned Pet Laws apply; no HOA around her has any 'bird' requirements other than common sense.

Parrot or Parrakeet should be no difference to HOA with owned home, if vehicles in neighbourhood become acidically damaged (wouldn't be from her family) , fingers may point but I'd be hard pressed to believe without 'witness' ID or Photo proof any HOA would add/edit/amend/ or make changes for 1 singular resident, as Parrot caretakers are rare.

She and her Parrot are sociable with neighbourhood as 'a family' and present friendships rather than threats. What began as a funny ha ha, But Now Is routine that where amicable attendance invitations are specifically inclusive of all household members, feathered and not; politely apologetic when inappropriate to include the taloned.

I hope where ever You moved to, you share in similar enlightened welcomes.

PS: Gen.Info:: My friend's Parrot was passed down to her and will likely outlive her! Has always enjoyed a loving environment. Grand Cheers to those who train baby Parrots with love, as they can provide more in return and can bond with more than one human successively as, if kept healthy, they enjoy much longer lives than our beloved 'normal' family additions of cats 'n dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: