Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,263 times

Advertisements

Hi all-

I'm a single mom with a soon to be 5th grader transferring from Austin to Phoenix for work very soon. I need to be as close as I can be to my parents Sun City. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment between $900-$1100 to start out with. I need a good school and safe area. I've been looking in Peoria and Glendale (near Arrowhead Towne Center). Any opinions? Feel free to ask for more info from me if that helps. This is my first time posting and possibly left out critical info. My job is home healthcare, so I travel all over & don't need to be near an office.....just Sun City.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 02:39 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
The area of north Peoria and north Glendale, where you are looking, makes sense.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:48 PM

Excellent. Thank you!

Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,366,961 times
You should be able to find a lot of pretty decent options in that price range in apartments in the northwest valley.

Also you may want to consider Surprise, a lot of people love Surprise. It is next to Sun City ...however I am not sure how many apartment complexes the city has, as it is a lot of single-family homes.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:53 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
I drive by the Arrowhead Landing apartments on 83rd quite a bit. Between Thunderbird and Bell. They look nice from the road, convenient to everything, and close to Sun City.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:43 PM

346 posts, read 549,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
You should be able to find a lot of pretty decent options in that price range in apartments in the northwest valley.

Also you may want to consider Surprise, a lot of people love Surprise. It is next to Sun City ...however I am not sure how many apartment complexes the city has, as it is a lot of single-family homes.
We just purchased w home in Marley Park in Surprise and while we were deciding between renting and buying I was surprised to see nice 3 bedroom homes for rent starting at $950. There are also a number of apartment complexes that looked really nice and had two bedroom, tow bath apartments starting at $900 a month. Surprise is a safe, clean, quiet little town, close to Sun City, and definitely something the OP should check out.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 PM

47 posts, read 54,016 times
Quote:

Yup, Surprise sounds like it might work for you, OP. I live in Surprise and there are several apartment complexes here (I live in one). The school district is supposed to be really good, but I've only been here a month so I can't really speak to that firsthand.

I would stay if I was closer to my office, but after our lease is up, we'll probably go toward the Arrowhead area of Glendale.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMac View Post
We just purchased w home in Marley Park in Surprise and while we were deciding between renting and buying I was surprised to see nice 3 bedroom homes for rent starting at $950. There are also a number of apartment complexes that looked really nice and had two bedroom, tow bath apartments starting at $900 a month. Surprise is a safe, clean, quiet little town, close to Sun City, and definitely something the OP should check out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
Yup, Surprise sounds like it might work for you, OP. I live in Surprise and there are several apartment complexes here (I live in one). The school district is supposed to be really good, but I've only been here a month so I can't really speak to that firsthand.

I would stay if I was closer to my office, but after our lease is up, we'll probably go toward the Arrowhead area of Glendale.
Quote:

I just applied to live at an apartment complex in Surprise. Thanks for the idea. I had overlooked it for some reason. My parents said Surprise and the apartment look perfect for us.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:52 PM

346 posts, read 549,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtophx View Post
I just applied to live at an apartment complex in Surprise. Thanks for the idea. I had overlooked it for some reason. My parents said Surprise and the apartment look perfect for us.
Good luck! I hope you hear positive news from the apartment complex soon and your moves goes smoothly. Your parents must be so excited about your move!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:05 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,296 times
If that doesn't work out you can try the Pillar at Rock Canyon apartment complex at 14300 N 83rd Ave (Peoria). I lived there for a year; it was pretty nice as far as apartments go and should have something in your price range. I want to say my brother and I were paying about $850 for a 2BR five years ago. Convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants and right down the road from Sun City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area