Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 02:27 PM

595 posts, read 1,256,186 times

Advertisements

This could be an answer to prayer for many. newliferecoveryproject Not endorsing or advertising I just would love to see it play in Peoria (AZ)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 02:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
This is a low cost trailer park in Florida, we have lots of them here already...I don't understand the point of this thread. We could have a million threads for things located elsewhere and asking "could it work in Phoenix?".

I'm a big one on not reading posts that I'm not interested in and not complaining about others posts, but I had to click links and then click more links to figure out what it is you were talking about. Then figured out this has absolutely nothing to do with Phoenix.

I imagine low cost housing could/would work anywhere. A better question is...do you want something like this in your neighborhood? I don't...

Old 08-30-2015, 02:44 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
NO! Absolutely not! At a time when the metro area has finally gotten rid of a good share of trailer parks, you want to build more??? Trailer parks have a tendency to attract the lowly, undesirable types with criminal records who live on public assistance. Of course, not everybody who lives in these communities fits that description, but it is more so than not. The Phoenix area needs quality homes in good neighborhoods (even if they end up costing more). Cheap housing such as this usually means cheap quality, and cheap people.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:18 PM

I guess I'm poor but honorable and nice. I fail to see how one is supposed to survive on barely above min wage there's that magic you must make 2 1/2 times the rent and I would not want a nice person living in one of those $350 apts.

Sorry if you feel there were too many clicks, I posted the home page. It's a very simple webpage but I'm impressed it's been around 20 yrs and is working.

You guys got any suggestions for a single lady who is not going to get on her knees or have rental agents tell me "my mother lives in that neighborhood, who do you think you are?"

Someone who does not have a kid who will pay the local thugs to leave them alone, I guess.

I called this place it's actually for newly clean and sober people to have a base to rebuild and I do not have grandparents, aunts or uncles or cousins. My mom wanted nothing to do with those people, she did it on her own or would die trying and if I am going to die trying at least my son is grown and not at risk because somehow I went from $40k to being seen as not good enough for $20k.

I've went to Goodwill career agency and they want me to process their goods for less than min wage because I'm not as fast as the average processor. But I will get to be around new people and make new friends and make some money. I don't need to worry about maintaining a car that's just too much for someone like you!

Churches say they have no resources for me, or they conflict with my work hours and they will pray for but will "miss" me. But others get real help and never say thanks.

Life is giving me the finger yet I'm still looking for positive solutions.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:42 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Forget about Goodwill. They are not interested in helping you. They are interested in making a profit from their thrift stores to pay their inflated executive salaries (trust me - I was one of the overpaid executives).

Contact these people if you really want to improve your situation. Fresh Start Women | Fresh Start Women

Old 08-31-2015, 01:01 PM

720 posts, read 734,167 times
There were 3 job fairs available today - so there are plenty of jobs -goodwill has a career center to help you with resume and job interviews etc so I'd use them for that. There are already apts available for 300+/mo - so you can do it - many people rebuild themselves especially women who took off from great careers to raise their kids only to realize limited opportunities for when they returned to work market - but don't spend your energy on the downside and look at the potential - good luck!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
How can Goodwill want you to work for them for less than minimum wage? Are they using your disability to get a wage certificate for you?

I do wish you luck in your search but don't think you have an accurate picture of what is out there.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:17 AM

Default goodwill has a loophole

where they may or may not compare you to another worker and base your pay on a percentage of your speed compared to that person. There are plenty of fast fingered thieves which is not implying all speedy people are dishonest but to penalize an already low wage is just insulting.

Contacted Fresh Start appt in a week and a half.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:20 AM

I have only recently mentioned my disability in the hopes of getting a break. It seems the more honest I am the more I am treated like a fool.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM

smoochaz would you want your single/disabled friend/relative living in the areas where apts run $300? What is the good of putting myself at prime risk of getting robbed, mugged or worse? I have been told by more than one rental agent their mother lives there, free of care of the responsibility of car maintainance. I value my independence and safety too much.

Plus it's a little hard to get a couch on the bus or even claim to have reliable transportation for jobs. What they're really saying is that YOU don't deserve this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area