Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 04:38 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,148 times

Advertisements

This was posted today, lists a location for most NFL teams...

List of Phoenix-area sports bars by NFL team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 05:18 PM

445 posts, read 515,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I don't know of any places that "cater" to Bears fans but at many bars it's a matter of arriving early, picking your place and requesting your game.
True, and that's never been an issue since I've been out here. Just would prefer to find like-minded transplants to watch the game with if there's a place to do so, so I figured I'd pose the question. I'm aware of Half Moon Sports Grill in the Camelback East area and Cactus Moon in Mesa that tend to host a pretty large Bear-fan contingent on game days, but those are all a little bit more of a hike from my house than I would like.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:05 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
True, and that's never been an issue since I've been out here. Just would prefer to find like-minded transplants to watch the game with if there's a place to do so, so I figured I'd pose the question. I'm aware of Half Moon Sports Grill in the Camelback East area and Cactus Moon in Mesa that tend to host a pretty large Bear-fan contingent on game days, but those are all a little bit more of a hike from my house than I would like.
There was a Bears crowd at Majerle's as well but they vanished mid-season. Not sure if they found a new place or just dropped out for some reason. It's right off the light rail and has pretty decent food. Might be worth checking out to see if they show up again (or maybe even a new Bears group will pop up). I'll be there rooting for the Lions.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Something isn't right if you're not rooting for the Cards!
In my family we addressed the issue by becoming Cardinals fans ... unless they are playing the Steelers. Same with the Diamondbacks. We watch them and want them to win, except when it interferes with the success of our primary team, the Pirates. It works out pretty well ... all except for that one year ...

One good thing about being a fan of an Arizona team as well as a team in an eastern time zone ... we usually get to see both games without having to switch back and forth. Twice the sports to love.

It IS possible to appreciate quality no matter where it's found. I happen to feel like a big fan of both Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck, even though I'm not primarily concerned with their teams. I love watching them do well. I'm looking forward to those two playing each other in the Super Bowl some day soon. And I'll be happy no matter which one wins.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:20 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
The Cardinals aren't pushovers like they used to be. They kind of remind me of the Falcons, in that both teams have relatively small but growing and enthusiastic fan bases, due in no small part to having more consistent success in recent years than they had before.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:31 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
Yeah, Carson Palmer has just been awful...

Don't bring up injuries. An ACL tear is not a fluke and he played all 16 games his first year in AZ.
Wake me up when he wins something. He's the modern day Steve Beurlein.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
In my family we addressed the issue by becoming Cardinals fans ... unless they are playing the Steelers. Same with the Diamondbacks. We watch them and want them to win, except when it interferes with the success of our primary team, the Pirates. It works out pretty well ... all except for that one year ...

One good thing about being a fan of an Arizona team as well as a team in an eastern time zone ... we usually get to see both games without having to switch back and forth. Twice the sports to love.

It IS possible to appreciate quality no matter where it's found. I happen to feel like a big fan of both Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck, even though I'm not primarily concerned with their teams. I love watching them do well. I'm looking forward to those two playing each other in the Super Bowl some day soon. And I'll be happy no matter which one wins.
That's a very fair and positive way to describe it, Jukes.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM

445 posts, read 515,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
There was a Bears crowd at Majerle's as well but they vanished mid-season. Not sure if they found a new place or just dropped out for some reason. It's right off the light rail and has pretty decent food. Might be worth checking out to see if they show up again (or maybe even a new Bears group will pop up). I'll be there rooting for the Lions.
Thanks for the tip...I'll have to check that out this season. The Bears crowd likely vanished mid-season because that was about the time that we all realized how terrible last season's team and coaching staff was.

Old 09-11-2015, 11:10 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
Thanks for the tip...I'll have to check that out this season. The Bears crowd likely vanished mid-season because that was about the time that we all realized how terrible last season's team and coaching staff was.
Things are looking up this year. I hope. And if not... well... us Chicagoans know this phrase all too well: "theres always next year".

Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
Yeah, Carson Palmer has just been awful...

Don't bring up injuries. An ACL tear is not a fluke and he played all 16 games his first year in AZ.
We get it...you are a fan. Doesn't change the fact that they still suck. They have the worst (best?) losing record in the league. Granted they are a what, 120+ year old team if you go all the way back? No Superbowl wins, no QB, Offensive line usually folds like a broken lawn chair...don't get me wrong, they are all professional athletes and play the game a million times better than I ever have...you just won't catch me rooting for them.

I guess that doesn't make me a "real Arizona Resident"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area