Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
......they usually go home whipped and disappointed like the NO fans did yesterday.
BIRDGANG!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Me too. And my kids go to other schools that are taking in a good deal of my money! I don't see loyalty to the alma mater, though, in the same light as the "failure to assimilate" that I regard cheering for the teams in your old town over the new one after you move to a new place. When I am at the stadium I look down on those who are dressed in the other teams colors. Fortunately the last couple years, they usually go home whipped and disappointed like the NO fans did yesterday.
Why were there so many Aints fans there? It was ridiculous! Looked like 20-30% of the stadium were wearing Aints gear. Are there that many ex-Lousianans here in the Valley? I see LA plates from time to time, but that was just ridiculous!

Old 09-15-2015, 09:20 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Why were there so many Aints fans there? It was ridiculous! Looked like 20-30% of the stadium were wearing Aints gear. Are there that many ex-Lousianans here in the Valley? I see LA plates from time to time, but that was just ridiculous!
Doubt it was that many, a lot of the black were people in the Alt jerseys

Old 09-15-2015, 09:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Sure! Ain'ts fans live here, as well as those Green & Gold fans, and those Death Star fans, and those Chicagoland fans, etc, etc, et al. Yep! They ALL live here!

In Glendale, they'd prefer to be humiliated than to be coerced into wearing Cardinal RED!

Old 09-15-2015, 10:07 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
I was there. There were very few NO fans. The days when the other team's fans out number our own are long gone. I suppose as long as we win, it will stay that way. It is always a temptation to sell your ticket though. These transplants will pay obscene amounts to watch their teams get beat.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:37 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
I was there. There were very few NO fans. The days when the other team's fans out number our own are long gone. I suppose as long as we win, it will stay that way. It is always a temptation to sell your ticket though. These transplants will pay obscene amounts to watch their teams get beat.
They must miss their original homestates something awful, if they're willing to pay ripoff amounts just to watch Drew Brees take a beating. It's a double-whammy!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Doubt it was that many, a lot of the black were people in the Alt jerseys
Our alt jersies dont have gold numbers.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
There might not have been a lot of Aints fans in your section, but the pregame taping showed tons of Aints fans strolling into the stadium, lots of black n gold jersies all over the stadium, and loud roars when they (NO Aints) scored.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:14 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
There might not have been a lot of Aints fans in your section, but the pregame taping showed tons of Aints fans strolling into the stadium, lots of black n gold jersies all over the stadium, and loud roars when they (NO Aints) scored.
It may have looked like that but there were fewer other fans than at most of the games, it seemed. The SE teams seem to have the least and I suppose that reflects the relative share of transplants here. You can't make as much reselling your tickets for those teams. The Chargers seem to draw a following (why?) and, of course, the Packers will be well-represented later this year (my relatives are trying to get me to sell them my tics). A few years ago Cards fan would be outnumbered, but these days it is a sea of red and the noise is deafening. Those others are a whisper in comparison.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:49 PM

233 posts, read 258,044 times
Maybe displaced New Orleans residents from Katrina? There were small pockets of Saints fans, but nowhere near 20-30%

The thing I don't get is people going to a game and they're decked out in their favorite team's gear and that team isn't even playing. Always see token Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Niners, and Patriots fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area