Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:04 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times

Advertisements

A list of bars which cater to fans of other NFL teams (besides the Arizona Cardinals)- with all the out of state transplants in the Valley, this might be of use to some people who want to see the game with other fans of their favorite team.

List of Phoenix-area sports bars by NFL team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Something isn't right if you're not rooting for the Cards!

Old 09-09-2015, 09:55 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Default Go, Birdgang!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:03 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Boo!!!! Now watch the Cardinals like a real AZ resident!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:33 AM

483 posts, read 665,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
So let me get this straight, if you move somewhere you automatically have to be a fan of that area's teams. I didn't realize there was such a rule. I've been a lifelong (60 years) fan of the Packers. Just because I recently moved to AZ I now have to be a Cardinals fan. Sorry...it doesn't work that way. A true fan, especially a fan of the most storied team in NFL history, doesn't change loyalties that easily. I have lived in D.C., Miami, Tampa and Illinois and never would I have become a Redskins, Dolphins, Buccaneers or Bears fan (especially the hated Bears). I will root for the Cards when they're not playing the Packers on December 27th, but I don't call myself a Cardinals fan. If you moved to Wisconsin, or anywhere else, would you automatically drop your allegiance to the Cards and become a fan of that area's team? If so, you're a fair-weather fan, not a true Cards fan.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I was a blind fool season ticket holder for 12 years.

Your loyalty doesn't matter to them. Straight out of their own ticket reps mouth "they'll sell to whoever pays the listed ticket amount."

Most of the time that's to ticket brokers, and that markup gets passed on to local cards fans. And if cards fans don't want to pay it, the front office doesn't care, they'll cater to opposing team fans.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post
So let me get this straight, if you move somewhere you automatically have to be a fan of that area's teams. I didn't realize there was such a rule. I've been a lifelong (60 years) fan of the Packers. Just because I recently moved to AZ I now have to be a Cardinals fan. Sorry...it doesn't work that way. A true fan, especially a fan of the most storied team in NFL history, doesn't change loyalties that easily. I have lived in D.C., Miami, Tampa and Illinois and never would I have become a Redskins, Dolphins, Buccaneers or Bears fan (especially the hated Bears). I will root for the Cards when they're not playing the Packers on December 27th, but I don't call myself a Cardinals fan. If you moved to Wisconsin, or anywhere else, would you automatically drop your allegiance to the Cards and become a fan of that area's team? If so, you're a fair-weather fan, not a true Cards fan.
Then you're doing exactly as I posted No one said be a fan it said watch the Cards

Quote:
I was a blind fool season ticket holder for 12 years.

Your loyalty doesn't matter to them. Straight out of their own ticket reps mouth "they'll sell to whoever pays the listed ticket amount."

Most of the time that's to ticket brokers, and that markup gets passed on to local cards fans. And if cards fans don't want to pay it, the front office doesn't care, they'll cater to opposing team fans.
So you did support the home team very happy for you Many years ago I was a season ticket holder at SDS, but that wasn't as much fun, although much cheaper, than going to games a UoPS

Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
No, you don't have to be a fan of the Cardinals to live here. After 20+ years of mediocrity and hoping they would someday get better...you don't have to support the team. On the flip side, you can usually go see your team come in and beat them up...so that is a plus.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
No, you don't have to be a fan of the Cardinals to live here. After 20+ years of mediocrity and hoping they would someday get better...you don't have to support the team. On the flip side, you can usually go see your team come in and beat them up...so that is a plus.
Not sure how 'with it' you are but things have changed a lot in the last 10 years.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:17 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
If you are referring to the one year they had with an actual QB (Warner) then yes, I am completely aware that they are still a barely mediocre team and Arians wouldn't know a good Quarterback (which the team has always been sorely lacking) if John Elway walked up and introduced himself. The only thing that has changed in 10 years is we spent millions of dollars to build them a new stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area