Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy04 View Post
Pbenjamin I completely agree about Pomo. I haven't tried the other recommendation, but I have been to Italy (hence my name) and Pomo is about as authentic as you can get. It's hard for me to try other pizza places in the valley I love it so!
I think we'll try Blue Hound or Bitter and Twisted, then go to our concert and I was thinking of hitting District Kitchen for their reverse happy hour afterwards, before heading back to reality with 3 kids!
Blue Hound and Bitter and Twisted are near the arena so they would be good options distance-wise.

Arrive early because both places will probably have long waits to be served when there's a major event going on nearby.

Are you driving or taking light rail? If driving just remember parking downtown can be a big headache so again it's best to get there early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
I've never found downtown parking to be a problem at all.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I've never found downtown parking to be a problem at all.
It is when there are events like concerts, games, festivities, and such.

Besides the garages and lots often charge outrageous fees during these events.

It's just better to use mass transit-light rail if it's doable for the patrons.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:21 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
I go to 25-30 Diamondbacks games a year. I use the light rail for only half of them. I have never had a problem finding parking, and have paid either $5 or $10 depending upon what else is going on.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:11 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,469,396 times
Never realized downtown had some descent places to eat. Downtown Phoenix needs more restaurants and bars to contend with other major cities downtown/even to compete with scottsdale's downtown. I have seen a lot of recent development in the downtown area and I'm really excited about that. Hopefully it goes back to the downtown that we had in the early 1900's which my grandparents worked in when it was bustling with business, shops, and restaurants, bars, street cars, ect.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,322 times
I really like Cibo by 5th ave and Roosevelt. Great artisan pizza, lovely wine, and the outdoor seating is amazing this time of year.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:56 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Never realized downtown had some descent places to eat. Downtown Phoenix needs more restaurants and bars to contend with other major cities downtown/even to compete with scottsdale's downtown. I have seen a lot of recent development in the downtown area and I'm really excited about that. Hopefully it goes back to the downtown that we had in the early 1900's which my grandparents worked in when it was bustling with business, shops, and restaurants, bars, street cars, ect.
If downtown had a true entertainment district (as was once planned), there would be even more decent restaurants: a combination of some good local eateries plus some major popular chains. Also, more corporations downtown would definitely increase the demand for more places to eat or drink. Downtown has improved a lot in many aspects, but it still could be better. What I really enjoyed was Super Bowl Central last January when the downtown streets were bustling with activity during all hours of the day & night. We need more of those kinds of events!

Old 10-14-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
If downtown had a true entertainment district (as was once planned), there would be even more decent restaurants: a combination of some good local eateries plus some major popular chains. Also, more corporations downtown would definitely increase the demand for more places to eat or drink. Downtown has improved a lot in many aspects, but it still could be better. What I really enjoyed was Super Bowl Central last January when the downtown streets were bustling with activity during all hours of the day & night. We need more of those kinds of events!
I'd say downtown has improved tremendously in the last 20 years.

When I moved here it seemed rather small and inactive for such a big city.

It still may not be up to par with some cities that are Phoenix's size but it's getting there.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:05 AM

194 posts, read 291,723 times
We will be driving from Goodyear. I agree, I wish the downtown had more restaurants but I do enjoy the cityscape area! We'll be arriving early enough for ok parking I hope

Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy04 View Post
We will be driving from Goodyear. I agree, I wish the downtown had more restaurants but I do enjoy the cityscape area! We'll be arriving early enough for ok parking I hope
Another place you might check out is Alice Cooper's restaurant.
Hours & Location

I haven't been there yet but I heard it's a cool place to go before or after a concert for food and drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area