Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
Pretty good -- especially on the F&E store brand items. BTW, 12th & Northern looks like it might open any day now. Here's a map of all currently planned locations in the Phoenix Metro Area:

fresh&easy Neighborhood Market

One thing I like is that unlike some retailers who come to the Phoenix Metro Area (e.g. Kohl's), F&E is not concentrating just on outer suburban markets. The stores are in all sorts of neighborhoods, even ones that other retailers might avoid.
Thanks for the link. That is very cool that they are being built all over. Good for them! I'm not thrilled with our current choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 03:06 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Thanks for the link. That is very cool that they are being built all over. Good for them! I'm not thrilled with our current choices.
I agree, I know there are AJ's markets, but there aren't many of them. I'll have to check out Fresh & Easy when they open.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:06 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
I go the one on Baseline and 19th ave...I love it. The prices are good...the workers are super friendly and very helpful. It's not a place where you'll see a parent shopping with their 4 screaming kids filling up huge cart-fulls of crap. Its a small market that lets you get in and out in minimal time. Like another poster said...you don't have a lot of choices on different brands...but for a shopper like me who doesn't want 15 different types of bread to choose from it's perfect

Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
Another note...their produce is actually labeled with the country they came from...might be useful if someone is boycotting 'conflict bananas' from Ecuador

Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,172 times
I checked the website, there will be one coming at 35th Ave and Greenway. That will be the closest to me. I can't wait to check it out!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
There is one in the building stages at 32nd St. and Greenway as well. Sheesh, anybody thinking of rabbits...and I don't mean for dinner....

Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times
I would love to see one downtown and I think it would compliment the upcoming AJ's nicely, kind of like covering all the bases for downtown residents.

I've heard Wal-Mart is thinking of doing something similar...turning old Walgreens stores into small grocery stores, I think it's a great idea.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I would love to see one downtown and I think it would compliment the upcoming AJ's nicely, kind of like covering all the bases for downtown residents.

I've heard Wal-Mart is thinking of doing something similar...turning old Walgreens stores into small grocery stores, I think it's a great idea.
All these changes towards smaller-scale things here lately are funny to me. Well, a lot of them don't really amuse me as much as they outrage me, i.e., everything way smaller and "new" at the same price. This country was known for BIG things - big portions, big cars, big containers of everything, big you name it. Seems like everything's going backwards. For instance, I've been very happy with the grocery bags (yes, plastic, thank you very much). In the old days back home nobody was giving you a bag. Later bags appeared, but you had to pay for them. Now there are fans, mind you voluntary fans, of these ideas... I'm not big on bread, but a few days ago noticed another "innovation" in Sunflower Market - a 1/2 loaf of bread! A half loaf of bread for $3.50!!! The way things are going the obesity problem might be solved in very foreseeable future! Just kiddin'... having to eat substandard food is way more likely to make you fat than gorging on good food, which reminds of another long-gone myth - cheap food in America. Yeah, right... if you're on a Mac'n'Cheese diet.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:51 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
HX_Guy and SierraAZ - I think more stores like that would definitely beat seeing Circle K's all over the place! It seems like we have more Circle K's per capita here, than any other major metropolitan area, probably because their headquarters are in Phoenix!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
HX_Guy and SierraAZ - I think more stores like that would definitely beat seeing Circle K's all over the place! It seems like we have more Circle K's per capita here, than any other major metropolitan area, probably because their headquarters are in Phoenix!
I think Circle K was listed as the state tree on one funny list I posted. No, I don't mind these stores whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I welcome them. I hate going for a couple of things to a regular supermarket, particularly if it doesn't have self check-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area