U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 AM

542 posts, read 1,207,086 times

Advertisements

Everyone I know has complained about sky high gas bills. They show the average usage for one year right on the bill, and for me it was 3 times higher than it was a year ago when there were four people living in my home, now it was only just ME. What a load of crap. I've since moved and gas is no longer a factor, so I'm done moaning about it, but it just seems like there has to be some watchdogg group that is out there for consumers gettting ripped off like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM

264 posts, read 729,399 times
Wait, people have furnaces in Phoenix??

Or does AC use gas somehow? Obviously I know nothing about this but to me I can see the only thing needed natural gas being the Water heater..

Explain!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 PM

3,632 posts, read 11,088,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post

Or does AC use gas somehow? Obviously I know nothing about this but to me I can see the only thing needed natural gas being the Water heater..

Explain!
What's a furnace? LOL

Water heaters, gas stoves, gas clothes dryers...

Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 PM

172 posts, read 22,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post

Explain!

Yes, people have furnaces/heat pumps. You do need heat here on a pretty regular basis in the winter.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:16 PM

264 posts, read 729,399 times
I'd be surprised if I would need a furnace if the house came with one coming from Canada. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt today and it's only about 37F. lol

Not even kidding..

Old 02-13-2009, 05:39 PM

6 posts, read 12,001 times
I get a bill today saying my bill was past due for 2 months in a row so I have to pay another deposit of 150 dollars now my spouse is out of work I have cancer in remisson and have been sick so they have now given us 2 weeks to pay 362.00 we did not try not to pay past due just had to wait for disability check and unemployment to pay bills. what needs to happen is that Southwest Gas need some competition in Ca, my daughter lives in Ga and their gas company was deregulated so they have a choice of 7 different companies to get gas and it woeks real well she gets a good rate in fact she can lock in a rate for 82 therms and never be charges any more she has to sign a year contract to keep this rate and must pay on time but who cares when you get the same rate .

Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,430 times
My complaints to the BBB and Arizona Corporation Commission:I became a Southwest Gas customer in November 2008. During that time I have been late with my payment several times. Let me explain why. They send out a bill from Las Vegas to Litchfield Park Arizona 10 days before it is due back to Las Vegas. If you are one day late it is considered delinquent. I think it is completely unreasonable for Southwest Gas to mail a bill (for instance this month) on the 18th and it is due back on the 28th. I live in a suburb of Phoenix and they do not deliver the mail every day. I got the bill on the 23rd and with the holiday, the 26th was the first day I could mail it and I have to hope it makes it back to Vegas in 2 days or itís considered late. Twice I was traveling (I travel for my job), the bill came the week I was gone and when I returned it was already late. I received a letter dated March 17, 2009 stating that I had previously been sent a letter about being delinquent (which I had not) and now a $390 deposit is required because I have been delinquent. With my payment last month I asked for an explanation of how I was delinquent (never been disconnected, paid every month) and how $390 was determined to be the amount that was required for a deposit. My monthly bill has not been over $100 and they require almost 3 times that for a deposit. When I signed up for service I sent them a letter from my previous gas company showing that in over a year I was never delinquent. I did not receive a response from my request last month. All I received was my next bill telling me that the deposit had to be paid by the 28th or the gas would be disconnected. With my payment this month I informed them again that I disputed the deposit. I also filled out their customer service form to ask how the deposit was calculated and still I have received no response. Itís unreasonable to give someone 10 days from the day the bill is printed to have the payment back to Las Vegas. It is also unreasonable to demand a deposit and not show how it was calculated. I think these are unfair practices that Southwest Gas is using to get deposits from people who would normally not have had to give a deposit and then they get to use our money without paying interest on it.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,916,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us4beachbums View Post
I live in a suburb of Phoenix and they do not deliver the mail every day.
??? Perhaps your problem is with the US Postal Service. The last time that I checked, mail was delivered 6 times a week.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
??? Perhaps your problem is with the US Postal Service. The last time that I checked, mail was delivered 6 times a week.
Not in Litchfield Park. We get mail usually 3 times a week, sometimes 4 if we are lucky! I've been to the post office several times and it doesn't really seem to bother them. It's still unreasonable to send a bill and have it due in 10 days. Maybe if the due dates were the same day each month I could see it but they vary.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM

17,568 posts, read 20,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us4beachbums View Post
My complaints to the BBB and Arizona Corporation Commission:I became a Southwest Gas customer in November 2008. During that time I have been late with my payment several times. Let me explain why. They send out a bill from Las Vegas to Litchfield Park Arizona 10 days before it is due back to Las Vegas. If you are one day late it is considered delinquent. I think it is completely unreasonable for Southwest Gas to mail a bill (for instance this month) on the 18th and it is due back on the 28th. I live in a suburb of Phoenix and they do not deliver the mail every day. I got the bill on the 23rd and with the holiday, the 26th was the first day I could mail it and I have to hope it makes it back to Vegas in 2 days or itís considered late. Twice I was traveling (I travel for my job), the bill came the week I was gone and when I returned it was already late. I received a letter dated March 17, 2009 stating that I had previously been sent a letter about being delinquent (which I had not) and now a $390 deposit is required because I have been delinquent. With my payment last month I asked for an explanation of how I was delinquent (never been disconnected, paid every month) and how $390 was determined to be the amount that was required for a deposit. My monthly bill has not been over $100 and they require almost 3 times that for a deposit. When I signed up for service I sent them a letter from my previous gas company showing that in over a year I was never delinquent. I did not receive a response from my request last month. All I received was my next bill telling me that the deposit had to be paid by the 28th or the gas would be disconnected. With my payment this month I informed them again that I disputed the deposit. I also filled out their customer service form to ask how the deposit was calculated and still I have received no response. Itís unreasonable to give someone 10 days from the day the bill is printed to have the payment back to Las Vegas. It is also unreasonable to demand a deposit and not show how it was calculated. I think these are unfair practices that Southwest Gas is using to get deposits from people who would normally not have had to give a deposit and then they get to use our money without paying interest on it.
So why don't you just set up an automatic bill pay with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area