Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:17 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,589,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco917 View Post
My apologies if this has been suggested:

I'm sure Coyotes have a natural enemy, that hunts them, like a bobcat, mountain lion etc. Find a place that sells the Urine. Casually drop samples around the permitter of your outer property line. Nobody will smell it other than the Coyotes. They may not like being in that area anymore. Just a thought.

You're right, there is a predator that hunts coyotes (humans), but the neighbors always call the cops when i pee in their yards. Why do my neighbors hate puppies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 09:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,682,899 times
There's no stopping the YOTES! Just ask the Canadiens!

Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,354,151 times
One lovely thing about living in an area with regular coyote traffic ... no barking/howling dogs outside at night! Sometimes I'll hear dogs during the day, but only occasionally. At night, never. People bring their dogs in at night due to safety concerns and as a result the neighborhood is much quieter and more peaceful. (And I assume the pets are happier anyway inside at night when the weather is poor, anyway.)

When I lived in the Arcadia-adjacent part of Phoenix, where I never saw any coyotes, I got so sick of my neighbors' animals yapping all day all night. No such issue where I live now. So, yes, good fences make good neighbors, but so do coyotes.

I will say that smart cats usually will find a way to survive or know when to go out and when to stay in because I do see a few cats in my neighborhood from time to time. One other thing I saw recently ... a group of what looked to me like lovebirds, nesting in a saguaro. I guess they are escaped former pets, but they looked lovely just the same and have a nice melody as you walk past (bright medium green plumage, red heads, little bit of blue toward the bottom of their bodies -- I am just guessing that they are lovebirds as that's the best I could come up with). There were a half dozen of them so I guess they're doing okay out there for now. I tried to get a photo for ID, but they came out too small from where I was standing.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:02 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,630,690 times
This is the first I have ever heard of a coyote actually entering into a house to steal a dog:

Coyote carries small dog out of Laguna Beach home - The Orange County Register

Poor little dog!

I live in a neighboring city and often see coyotes, but they run away whenever I approach with my large dog. Still, I will be doubly careful to keep my patio door closed, because I don't want them to come inside out of desperation.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:36 PM

129 posts, read 185,123 times
Yes.
Don't leave doors wide open at night and then complain that critters are getting in. Duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area