Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:21 AM

4 posts, read 5,188 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

So I am hoping someone can help me with choosing a right plan for my light bill as I just got an apartment, 2 bed 1 bath, 800 sq ft. and my APSs bill is 36.50 for 6 days. Not sure if thats good or bad as I just fully moved in and started staying there over the weekend. I saw that they have different plans but I am a bit confused by them.

Right now I am on the Standard plan.
https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a.../standard.aspx

And was looking at the plans they have and wondering if another plan would be better for me.

I was looking at this one. Combined Advantage. https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a...advantage.aspx

With the plan comparisons.
https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a...omparison.aspx

The Combined Advantage seems like that might be what I need. I work Mon-Fri from 7am to 4:30pm and off Sat and Sun. So I would basically have evrything off while I am at work, and need more energy when I am home nights, and weekends, and that is what the Combined Advantage plan seems like a good one.

Just wondering if someone with more experience or what plan you guys have that would have a similar schedule as mine and about how much your bill is having a place similar to mine? Or figure out if it is cheaper to keep the Standard plan, switch to the Combined Advantage plan or if another one would be cheaper.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 11:49 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
My personal experience from having APS at two different apartment complexes (though both had gas hot water heaters) was that I paid roughly $0.10 per square foot per month, little higher in the summer and a little lower in the winter. So for my 700 square foot apartment my bill was about $70/month. I also did the combined advantage program.

During the summer I kept my apartment at 83 while I was at work, 80 when I got home and 78 degrees to sleep. My highest bill was about $115.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:50 AM

346 posts, read 549,494 times
Have you signed up online with APS? If so, if you go to your account info under the "My energy" tab there is an option to compare service plans. Granted, there isn't a whole lot of info for your account right now since it's new but APS uses your past bills to forecast your usage and compare the costs on the various plans. We have been on the time advantage 7 pm to noon plan (noon to 7 pm being the peak hours when energy costs more) since we moved here in August; I check monthly and it's always shown our current plan to be the cheapest. We don't run the a/c (if we can avoid it, which has been the case unless it's 117 out), dishwasher or do laundry during peak hours. Right now our daily usage has dropped to less than $3.50 a day. (Remember that the cost for peak hour energy is low right now due to winter rates and to budget accordingly...the cost will go up when it starts getting hot again!)

Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Hello everyone,

So I am hoping someone can help me with choosing a right plan for my light bill as I just got an apartment, 2 bed 1 bath, 800 sq ft. and my APSs bill is 36.50 for 6 days. Not sure if thats good or bad as I just fully moved in and started staying there over the weekend. I saw that they have different plans but I am a bit confused by them.

Right now I am on the Standard plan.
https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a.../standard.aspx

And was looking at the plans they have and wondering if another plan would be better for me.

I was looking at this one. Combined Advantage. https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a...advantage.aspx

With the plan comparisons.
https://www.aps.com/en/residential/a...omparison.aspx

The Combined Advantage seems like that might be what I need. I work Mon-Fri from 7am to 4:30pm and off Sat and Sun. So I would basically have evrything off while I am at work, and need more energy when I am home nights, and weekends, and that is what the Combined Advantage plan seems like a good one.

Just wondering if someone with more experience or what plan you guys have that would have a similar schedule as mine and about how much your bill is having a place similar to mine? Or figure out if it is cheaper to keep the Standard plan, switch to the Combined Advantage plan or if another one would be cheaper.

Thanks,
I've quoted your post so the links will work. As a new member, you can't post active links yet.

Are you talking about your whole bill being 36.50, or just the power used part?

Since the higher rate starts at noon, when summer comes you are going to be paying more to cool the place off when you get home. It might be better just to stay on the plan you have.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:24 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Keep it coming

Observer yes, I started my service with APS last week on Tues, and already got a email about my bill. Its 36.50 and shows for 6 days, and it's due Dec 1.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Keep it coming

Observer yes, I started my service with APS last week on Tues, and already got a email about my bill. Its 36.50 and shows for 6 days, and it's due Dec 1.
Most of that "bill" if that's the total due, is your monthly service fee that you pay just for having service.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:19 PM

Gotcha.

Just saw my bill and this is what my bill says.
Billing days 6
Cost of electricity with taxes and fees $8.68
Other charges $27.82

Old 11-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Gotcha.

Just saw my bill and this is what my bill says.
Billing days 6
Cost of electricity with taxes and fees $8.68
Other charges $27.82

Exactly. That 27.82 will be on your bill every month. I think it's a bit early to worry about getting on a plan. See what a one month period in winter looks like. I'm not sure one of these time of use plans will make a positive difference for you... but what you might want to do when you can is go on a managed payment plan where you pay the same every month... saves that sticker shock in the summer.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
You know electricity runs more than just the lights right?

It is an electric bill.

Last edited by LBTRS; 11-17-2015 at 07:25 PM..

Old 11-18-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Exactly. That 27.82 will be on your bill every month. I think it's a bit early to worry about getting on a plan. See what a one month period in winter looks like. I'm not sure one of these time of use plans will make a positive difference for you... but what you might want to do when you can is go on a managed payment plan where you pay the same every month... saves that sticker shock in the summer.

Thanks, I went on their website and found that payment plan you mentioned but since I just started with them I don't qualify. It says you have to be a customer for 12 months and have made your payments on time so they can let you be on that plan.

LBTRS haha yes XD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area