Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Thanx HX_Guy...I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM

183 posts, read 286,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
You seem to be in the minority with your negative opinion.
Most means most, read all the news reports, see all the interviews from TV, radio, newspapers, in person, airport travelers etal. The Phoenix area is getting rave reviews from all over for these events.
And it looks as if most people went to specific venues of their choice, not necessarily going from one party to another.
I traveled between the 2 areas, it took 25 minutes, freeway most all the way, 65-70mph.
Oh wake up and smell the kool aid and take off your homer cap my friend!

You can call my opinion negative all you want. Why is it so difficult to express an objective view on this board without being called negative? This Super Bowl was great and will be remembered for years to come but Phoenix wasn't anything special as a host. It just didn't have that electricity that a super bowl is suppose to have. If you talking about TV, Radio and Newspapers giving it rave reviews then you're most likely talking about the local media outlets which are going to be unquestionably biased towards their opinions in the first place. So you're telling me that in terms of people you spoke to "most" of the 150,000 visitors who came out here for this event including the celebs that the security wouldn't let you within 500 feet of?? Of course they're not gonna say something like "Phoenix sucks" when being interviewed they have their careers to look out for. Sounds like to me your "most people" are the 5 people that are in your circle of friends. I'm not gonna lie there were some great events out here that I got to enjoy but there were also some horrible and unprepared ones where people paid lots of $$$ for and got ripped off due to the large number of no shows and falsifications by promoters. Have you ever been to any other super bowl weekends or is this the only one that you've ever been to?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Oh Yes, it was a great Superbowl. Just ask those 2 Firefighters from Dallas who got shot on the street for no apparent reason. What a great way to show out of towners how much we want them to visit !

Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Thanx HX_Guy...I rest my case.

Don't get into the local media hype too much. Phoenix is a great super bowl site(weather) and of course it's gonna be profitable out here(put a super bowl anywhere and it's gonna make money) It's going to get future super bowls because of it's excellent stadium and great weather. But it has a ways to go in the experience and fun dept. Everything was too spread apart. It's better to have all the events close by making it too car dependent which sucked. It's just my personal opinion

Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickluva View Post
Uhh I take it you didn't watch the playoffs a couple of weeks ago because the ESPN was doing exactly that in Boston and you can replace New Jersey with Green Bay because they were there too
Yep, they were outside the whole game in GB against NY when it was -20. DOH!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yep, they were outside the whole game in GB against NY when it was -20. DOH!
Here we go again! Another gross exaggeration about the cold temperatures in the midwest. It was NOT -20; it was a balmy -1 in Ashwaubenon that night. It really gets my blood to boiling when I see people making it sound like it is cold or humid in Green Bay. When I see this kind of garbage about my mother land, I must set the record straight. I must defend. I must defend.

And don't give me that wind chill stuff. All you need is a light windbreaker and the wind chill is taken care of.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 02-05-2008 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-05-2008, 08:30 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
In 2012 the light rail extension is expected to open, hopefully in time for another superbowl. Should be a nice little extra for the tourists. I'd like to see it cover the entire valley but that's not likely to happen for another 20 years, sadly.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here we go again! Another gross exaggeration about the cold temperatures in the midwest. It was NOT -20; it was a balmy -1 in Ashwaubenon that night. It really gets my blood to boiling when I see people making it sound like it is cold or humid in Green Bay. When I see this kind of garbage about my mother land, I must set the record straight. I must defend. I must defend.

And don't give me that wind chill stuff. All you need is a light windbreaker and the wind chill is taken care of.
regardless has it ever gotten to -1 in Phoenix??? lol@a balmy -1 it's still below freezing

Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM

334 posts, read 1,371,172 times
The weather was great, so that's a plus. But I'd rather have a superbowl in a city with a dense downtown: Chicago, NYC, Philly, Boston, or even yes Detroit(they really fixed things up that night in 06).

Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
The weather was great, so that's a plus. But I'd rather have a superbowl in a city with a dense downtown: Chicago, NYC, Philly, Boston, or even yes Detroit(they really fixed things up that night in 06).
add on New Orleans to that Bourbon Street is crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area