Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:13 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,077,005 times

Advertisements

Go to Different Pointe of View at Pointe Tapatio Resort. Nice restaurant and as suggested in the name, a great view of much of Phoenix from the dining area and patio.

Maybe take her to Olive and Ivy, Herb Box or one of those places in Old Town. Many places in that area will have nice views of Camelback Mountain, etc.

For nice city views, in downtown there is also Compass Arizona Grill, a revolving restaurant at the top of the Hyatt Regency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 03:19 PM

17 posts, read 70,227 times
Great suggestions I'm starting a long list and wittle-ing them down I've been to none of those places! I think there's a lot of good choices I just need to flush out the best of the best. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:19 PM

80 posts, read 259,999 times
Moved here from Iowa in May and I too have been searching for the unique patio dining experience. Not really high end but I've HEARD the Watershed or Pier 54 off S. Lakeshore in Tempe offers water views in the desert!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:37 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
You can also get some nice views from the northeast valley like up near where Pinnacle Peak Patio was coming back down Happy Valley Rd toward Pima.
Thats a good one, too, as well as along Pima near Los Gatos community. Problem is, there isnt really anywhere to pull off and take in the view. Shame, that, its a good view. Happy Valley near Pinnacle Peak's old spot (a bit west) on the road is a great spot to watch sunsets.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:45 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Take em up Central across Camelback and over to Scottsdale. That's one of the nicer stretches in town.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:50 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Take em up Central across Camelback and over to Scottsdale. That's one of the nicer stretches in town.
Yeah, just dont start em off at any intersection south of Jefferson. lol She might never want to come back. Central to Camelback to 44th St north (turns into Tatum) to Doubletree is a nice drive I like to take home sometimes.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:57 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Yeah, just dont start em off at any intersection south of Jefferson. lol She might never want to come back. Central to Camelback to 44th St north (turns into Tatum) to Doubletree is a nice drive I like to take home sometimes.
Or west of 7th Ave and Jefferson

Another good one is the 51 south from the 101 to Camelback. Great views and its a view that makes the city seem enormous.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:06 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
if you want to wow her, I second the Phoenician suggestion above.....go thru the gatehouse (!), self-park or valet, and go out to the patio back of the lobby....180 degree views and great setting.....

Old 12-11-2015, 11:45 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirlsuz View Post
Moved here from Iowa in May and I too have been searching for the unique patio dining experience. Not really high end but I've HEARD the Watershed or Pier 54 off S. Lakeshore in Tempe offers water views in the desert!

Not one I'd bother with.... yes, you can see water, but it's a man made lake, with not that much of a view from the restaurant patio. Pretty drive down Lakeshore, nice way to get into south Tempe.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:52 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,732,777 times
patio dining is easy here, probably one of the better cities for it: https://www.thrillist.com/eat/phoeni...ios-in-phoenix

For restaurants with a view:

Orange Sky at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale boasts 360-degree views of the Valley and is one of the top spots to take in Arizona’s citrus-colored sunsets. The [COLOR=#640000 !important][COLOR=#640000 ! important]fine [COLOR=#640000 ! important]dining[/color][/color][/color] menu dishes up iced oysters, caviar, a plethora of steak plates, king crab and much more. www.talkingstickresort.com.

Compass Arizona Grill at Hyatt Regency Phoenix has been one of the Valley’s top restaurants with a view for more than 30 years. The revolving rooftop lounge allows 360-degree views of the Valley alongside a menu of high-end eats. http://phoenix.hyatt.com.

Alchemy:Nestled high on a mountain ridge above Scottsdale and Fountain Hills, offering 360˚ views of the Sonoran Desert and mountain vistas rests Alchemy Restaurant and Wine Bar. Alchemy offers New American Cuisine and features floor to ceiling glass panels that slide completely open, revealing the mountain vistas, Valley views and Sonoran desert.

elements restaurant is the heart of the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain food and beverage operation, offering farm-fresh American cuisine with Asian accents that is simple and elegant.

Geordie's restaurant at Wrigley Mansion

Enjoy sweeping views of Sierra Estrella and South Mountain ranges while you take in a majestic Arizona Sunset gazing westward at dusk in Kai Restaurant.

Piñon Grill features Sonoran contemporary cuisine in a relaxing and intimate atmosphere surrounded by Camelback Lake, golf course vistas and the McDowell Mountains.

Scenic View at Top of the Rock in Tempe, Arizona. Ceiling to floor windows offer a spectacular valley view while you dine in this upscale restaurant with a menu often referred to as New American Cuisine.

Sassi (pronounced "sah'-see") is an award winning restaurant featuring an ever-changing menu of classic Italian cuisine utilizing locally sourced ingredients where possible.

A few bars with awesome views:

Lustre Rooftop Garden at Hotel Palomar Phoenix 2 E. Jefferson St. Downtown Phoenix Sweeping views of South Mountain and the downtown Phoenix skyline make Lustre Rooftop Garden at Hotel Palomar one of the go-to open-air lounges for travelers and Valley locals.

Rooftop Lounge and Patio 501 S. Mill Ave. Tempe Formerly Suite 301, the Rooftop Lounge and Patio located above Gringo Star Street Bar and Hooters on Tempe's Mill

Del Frisco's Grille 2425 E. Camelback Rd., Suite 210 Phoenix Located in the Camelback Esplanade near the Arizona Biltmore Resort, Del Frisco Grille offers north-facing mountain views and al fresco dining at its top floor Summit Bar.

The rooftop bar of Tapacubo, featuring stunning views just south of the bustling Mill Avenue district. Graduate Hotel Tempe | ASU Hotel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area