Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 05:26 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
As an operator of a small business, I patronize small and local businesses whenever reasonable and possible. In this corporate life, creativity and eclectic establishments break up the grind. I take a lot of my clients to small local restaurants, when you support them, they support you.

In terms of beer? Have you ever toured a brewery? You should go to Ft Collins before you move here. That is the kind of beer culture I wish we had. The differences between a small local brewmaster putting their artistic touch on a product and a mass produced watered down product are extensive. I, like so many others, actively support local breweries we have a decent share of good breweries and a few exceptional ones, I want them to stay viable. If you want an example of how many others do the same check Four Peaks Facebook page.
I need to get a buddy of mine to do a tour with, I've always want to check out a large scale brewery, especially the one in Ft. Collins. I'm not a.fan of big business buyouts and merges, it diminishes competition and drives prices up. My favorite local microbrewers out of CO are Lefthand, Dry Dock brewery, Upslope, New Belgium, and Breckinridge brewery.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:30 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
PHOENIX — Anheuser-Busch has agreed to acquire one of Arizona’s largest breweries, Four Peaks Brewing Company, the beer giant said Friday.
The acquisition will see Tempe-based Four Peaks become a member of Anheuser-Busch’s craft and unique beer sector called The High End, which consists of six other breweries.

All I can say is NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Po Little Four Peaks Brewing . . . and LocoLife.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:36 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I need to get a buddy of mine to do a tour with, I've always want to check out a large scale brewery, especially the one in Ft. Collins. I'm not a.fan of big business buyouts and merges, it diminishes competition and drives prices up. My favorite local microbrewers out of CO are Lefthand, Dry Dock brewery, Upslope, New Belgium, and Breckinridge brewery.
After you tour the AB facility there and compare it to any of the others in Ft Collins or even here, you'll never consider an AB beer ever again.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:32 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
WHy are y'all bashing AB? There would have been no sale had the Four Peaks owners not said yes. That's who you should bash - local business owners who get greedy and sell out.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,200 times
A little reading goes a long way towards understanding InBev's plans. They are actively seeking to marginalize successful craft breweries, making it expensive and difficult to distribute their products. Hensley will be paid big bucks to de-emphasize Kilt Lifter, or it'll become a national brand after AB's lab people figure out how to duplicate the taste with corn syrup and chemicals. With a nearly 50% market share, ABInBev is also trying to take over Miller-Coors, its real competition. Since when is monopoly a good thing?

Old 12-22-2015, 07:45 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
WHy are y'all bashing AB? There would have been no sale had the Four Peaks owners not said yes. That's who you should bash - local business owners who get greedy and sell out.
No argument there. No more Kilt Lifter for me.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
A little reading goes a long way towards understanding InBev's plans. They are actively seeking to marginalize successful craft breweries, making it expensive and difficult to distribute their products. Hensley will be paid big bucks to de-emphasize Kilt Lifter, or it'll become a national brand after AB's lab people figure out how to duplicate the taste with corn syrup and chemicals. With a nearly 50% market share, ABInBev is also trying to take over Miller-Coors, its real competition. Since when is monopoly a good thing?
I posted the DoJ lawsuit earlier in the thread but I think this is an easier way to understand. People didn't understand the implications of these allegations.

It's already happening in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And AB is being bashed over Four Peaks because AB is the new company with the leverage and monetary backing to do some real damage to our local craft beer market. Should Four Peaks be bashed? I guess, they aren't the ones doing anything other than selling to a bidder and it would be hard to say no to what I presume to be a large sum of cash. AB makes terrible chemical laden products at the highest profit margins attainable. That's not craft beer, it's craft labeling on a Bud Light.

What is despicable about Four Peaks is
http://www.azcentral.com/story/enter...tion/22546857/

http://cronkitenewsonline.com/2015/0...-new-beer-law/

Four Peaks played the victim card, lobbied the State to adjust the Craft Beer laws to prevent out of state regulations on their product, upped production and then sold to a high bidder months later.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
No argument there. No more Kilt Lifter for me.
Kilt Lifter was a horrible Scottish Ale from the get-go. I only buy it as a last resort from Walgreens if I forget to go to Total Wine before they close. Blech.

Youd be far better off drinking Belhaven.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:07 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Kilt Lifter was a horrible Scottish Ale from the get-go. I only buy it as a last resort from Walgreens if I forget to go to Total Wine before they close. Blech.

Youd be far better off drinking Belhaven.
Kilt lifter is by far their top seller, so maybe you don't like but a lot of people do. Also, Total Wine? Really? Ever heard of Tops?

This is all about supporting local, I wouldn't go to a "super chain liquor store" if they paid me.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:13 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Kilt lifter is by far their top seller, so maybe you don't like but a lot of people do. Also, Total Wine? Really? Ever heard of Tops?

This is all about supporting local, I wouldn't go to a "super chain liquor store" if they paid me.
To be fair, its better on tap than in a bottle, but its still a subpar Scottish Ale. Just my opinion, of course.

As for Total Wine, I live only a few blocks from there, so its more convenient for me than to drive all the way to Tops in Tempe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area