Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 11:00 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,699,701 times

Advertisements

PHOENIX — Anheuser-Busch has agreed to acquire one of Arizona’s largest breweries, Four Peaks Brewing Company, the beer giant said Friday.
The acquisition will see Tempe-based Four Peaks become a member of Anheuser-Busch’s craft and unique beer sector called The High End, which consists of six other breweries.

All I can say is NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There is nothing I like about this although I'm sure some people will try to argue something positive out of it.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:05 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,924,264 times
Im sure theyll be fine. When Goose Island in Chicago was bought out, there was no quality change in their brews. Im not a huge fan of Four Peaks anyways, so Ill do just fine with the acquisition. hahaha

Old 12-18-2015, 11:22 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,699,701 times
I'm not worried about them doing fine, I'm annoyed that a local success was bought out by a big corporate entity that could careless about the local connection. It's also pretty lame that the top brewery winner of the year is no longer locally owned.

Much like you don't care for FP, I feel the same about Chicago and Goose Island. I haven't watched it, not my city, not my brews. But now it's hitting home and that's pretty frustrating...

A cost of their success, I suppose.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:25 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,911,488 times
Well that is good news for the business owners, but I guess I'll have to move on to a new brewery I was a fan of the Kiltlifter but that may no longer be the case. I really only like to support local brewers, I see no advantage in buying beer from the famed pisswater brewery at Anheiser Busch. San Tan has a pretty good selection however I've been into their Epicenter as of late. I would also recommend Barrio Brewing for those who shop at Bashas (it's a Tucson brewery)

On a side note, there is an interesting progression to this that seems interesting as a coincidence. Ducey worked with Anheiser Busch, passed a bill to change the limits of what constitutes a micro-brew in favor of Four Peaks and then it sold to Anheiser Busch.

Another Brewer that seems to be taking off is in RoRo/Garfield which is Angel's Trumpet.

Last edited by JGMotorsport64; 12-18-2015 at 11:38 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 11:56 AM

975 posts, read 1,397,708 times
I was upset when I heard this as it's yet another Arizona institution swallowed up by a big corporate behemoth.

It probably won't affect jobs locally too much and the brand will likely be distributed nationwide now. However, it's sad that an Arizona institution is now controlled by people who care nothing about Arizona and only the almighty dollar.

I think I may need to move on to other locally owned beers.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:58 AM

975 posts, read 1,397,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Im sure theyll be fine. When Goose Island in Chicago was bought out, there was no quality change in their brews. Im not a huge fan of Four Peaks anyways, so Ill do just fine with the acquisition. hahaha
Some Goose Island beer is brewed in upstate New York and not Chicago now.

I'm sure that they may start brewing Four Peaks beer out of state too. So, even if its distributed nationwide now, there may not be any added local jobs as the increased production may take place at other AB InBev facilities.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:04 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,924,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
Some Goose Island beer is brewed in upstate New York and not Chicago now.

I'm sure that they may start brewing Four Peaks beer out of state too. So, even if its distributed nationwide now, there may not be any added local jobs as the increased production may take place at other AB InBev facilities.
Goose Island is also brewed in CO as well. The quality is still stellar, IMO.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:13 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,127,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Another Brewer that seems to be taking off is in RoRo/Garfield which is Angel's Trumpet.
I thought Angel's Trumpet didn't brew anything just sold craft beers from all over. Has this changed recently?

Old 12-18-2015, 12:14 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,944,542 times
I had a friend in Oregon tell me they bought Henry Weinhards ( a great log-standing local beer in Oregon) and completely shut it down in a couple of months, so go get your beer now before it changes for the worse or disappears.

Check out Arizona Wilderness Brewing company, it's actually a much better replacement and they are getting ready to open up a second location!

Old 12-18-2015, 12:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,569,771 times
I'm not a fan of Four Peaks' brews at all, so I'm not too affected one way or another. Fate and Great Wilderness are fantastic local brewers if you're looking for a replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area