Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 29,107 times

Advertisements

Hello all

Working near Thunderbird and 17 my wife and I are wondering where to look for apartments. We were thinking of Peoria or Glendale. Looking for an apartment about 750-850 1 bedroom. No kids so no worry about school etc. Apartment finder has a lot of choices, but they are all over. Is there an area or areas we should avoid? Hard to pinpoint anything. We were looking near Thunderbird and just west of 101, or a little north near arrowhead.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 10:52 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,979,340 times
You don't need to go far at all from your workplace. I would look around the Arrowhead area or either the I-17/101 area both of which are very nice areas with plenty to do nearby and you can easily afford a decent 1 bedroom apartment in either area. Also the commute to work would be pretty easy as you can just take surface streets. As far as areas to avoid I personally wouldn't rent in any complex south of Thunderbird Rd and west of I-17 in that part of Phoenix. It's not really dangerous or anything but you can definitely tell the difference in the area as you travel south from Thunderbird down toward Metrocenter on 35th Ave for instance and the farther south you go like Dunlap, Northern, Glendale Ave, Bethany Home, Camelback, etc generally the worst the area gets and the apartments in those areas can be very hit or miss. Anything north of Thunderbird and West of I-17 in Phoenix city limits is fine if we're talking about renting. Northern Glendale (Arrowhead area) and much of Peoria is just fine as well.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:57 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,239,267 times
Morning commute is pretty light on most freeways heading to that location. I rented once just north of arrowhead mall about 10 years ago and the AC units were so loud you couldn't watch TV. I also rented behing AMC 30, also about 10 years ago, and the complex was okay, I was on the 2nd floor and the upstairs neighbor we couldn't hear. I wouldn't go south or east unless you are comfortable with those areas and I personally preferred to have laundry in the unit which is less common than I thought it would be 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area