Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 12,800 times

Advertisements

My thread got moved and I was not notified or asked for clarification. I needed targeted advice relating to the Phoenix area, which is why I posted it here and not the Work and Employment section. The reason why I'm targeting Phoenix especially is because I want to know what kind of jobs are abundant here, and if it's possible I can find what I'm looking for in Phoenix. It's pointless to go to the Work and Employment section, ask for roles and someone recommends something like Game testing, only for the data to be useless because we have no game testing industry here in AZ.

Anyways, for those that haven't read it, I'm looking for solo-type work that avoids customers and maybe 3rd shift if possible. It may be day time as long as I don't have to work with customers. For some reason, I get into situations where something will trigger and I end up losing the job. It's always jobs that involve customer service. That's why I'm looking for something that's not customer service in Phoenix although that might be an uphill battle since that's all we have.

I don't need any referrals or any research on your part. Just, if you have an idea or something, throw it in so I can do my own research. For example, someone on another website recommended bike courier and that's something I'm looking into, not exactly sure if there's a market for it in Phx, but it's something to look up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 05:00 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,136,842 times
I would think that if you are looking for 3rd shift or something where you don't have to deal with customers, you would consider something in the shipping industry...FedEx/UPS/Amazon/USPS...something like that. Or maybe Truck Driving? We have a number of schools here for that.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:18 PM

I tried Amazon. My feet got blown out. Since they do holiday temp hires, hours for someone like myself are 10-12hrs 6-days a week walking multiple football fields a day. Just thinking about it brings the pain back lol! But anyways, I'll check out the other shipping companies, thanks!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:39 PM

628 posts, read 1,435,849 times
My old neighbor worked third shift at Fedex. Overnight stocking at a grocery? Safeway has a big distribution center in Tempe.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:35 PM

640 posts, read 956,468 times
Tom Smykowski: "Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Funniest movie ever! So maybe an engineer?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
Tom Smykowski: "Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Funniest movie ever! So maybe an engineer?
That is pretty funny lol! I haven't seen Office Space but I'm a fan of Mike Judge's works. Anyways something along those lines would be great but I still need to get through entry level and pick up some $, get a car, my own place, etc. I am really really far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedtowardssalad View Post
My old neighbor worked third shift at Fedex. Overnight stocking at a grocery? Safeway has a big distribution center in Tempe.
I think I'll put an app for overnight stocking first. There's a store I live close to that's still hiring. Only obstacle there is that I previous worked for that company in 07 and it didn't end on a good note. Still, if I can walk in the door and get hired, I'll take it. It's easy to get to work and once I get a scooter I can worry about getting a better long term job.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:01 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,679,567 times
How about security guard? Surveillance system monitor?

Old 01-11-2016, 07:14 PM

186 posts, read 195,052 times
What about custodial service? Or nights as an assistant to the building engineer?

Old 01-12-2016, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,532 times
What about a Doggy Daycamp attendant at Petsmart? You can play with dogs all day, no stress and it's good for your soul.
Or an automotive mechanic apprentice, you can learn changing oils, changing tires and breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: