Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 11:57 AM

52 posts, read 78,250 times

Advertisements

Lol crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 04:19 PM

586 posts, read 541,313 times
I put a heat pump on my pool during installation for about $5000, it keeps me at 80 degrees all winter for about $100 a month with a cheap bubble cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You can't hop in your pool year round...you would need a pool heater and most homes don't have them due to the cost to run them. It would be outrageously expensive to keep your pool swimable year round.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
I put a heat pump on my pool during installation for about $5000, it keeps me at 80 degrees all winter for about $100 a month with a cheap bubble cover.
That is not bad...however, in the winter is 80 degree water enjoyable. In the heat of the summer I like it about 85. Seems like when it is cold outside I wouldn't want to get in 80 degree water.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:43 PM

586 posts, read 541,313 times
80 is a great temp for swimming but it wouldn't be so great for lounging. However as a snowbird if water temp is equal to air temp I find people use the pool regularly so heat pump makes pool use work for most of winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
That is not bad...however, in the winter is 80 degree water enjoyable. In the heat of the summer I like it about 85. Seems like when it is cold outside I wouldn't want to get in 80 degree water.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:51 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
To be fair, there is a lot of undeserved criticism of Phoenix and it's a very misunderstood city. I'm okay with it since we get ragged on so much on a national level....
You're correct, Phoenix has very good qualities, but I prefer to talk about Phoenix with realism and I have no qualms addressing these issues for the sake of "trashing" Phoenix. Posters who want to move here should not be looking at Phoenix with rosy glasses and I prefer to clean up those glasses and make them clear.

The only issues I have with Phoenix are the lack of social friendliness/insularity/cliquishness (which I have said on here time and time again), overall lack of urbanity (improving but still we aren't quite there yet), and the heat (which I have said on here time and time again I strongly dislike). I have mentioned politics being not to my taste but they generally don't interfere with my life except for a couple of them but I won't get into it. I have also stated that Phoenix and Yuma are pretty much the only places in the state I do not like, so it's not like I hate the entire state. I love the state actually, I just don't like the major city.

I don't expect the other posters on here to see things the way I do and I think it's beneficial that we all provide different viewpoints so that any potential relocations can make a decision, weighing all of our information, if Phoenix or the rest of Arizona is right for them.

I will not change what I choose to address when it comes to Phoenix or Arizona for the sake of "outsiders being heavily critical" and "being a misunderstood city". I understand Phoenix and I will call things like I see it. It's better than a bunch of transplants who move here buying new construction, naturally, and then moving out a couple years later. We already have this problem and it's partially because Phoenix is a misunderstood city. So I'm telling it like the way I understand it.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:21 PM

277 posts, read 429,868 times
If you want it cooler, and better air, you are advised to pick N. Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Anthem, Desert Hills, Rio Verde, etc. These are all within 25 minutes of just about anywhere except the suburbs of Mesa, Gilbert, etc., or the other direction of Bucheye, and that direction. The outlying ares can be 8 - 12 degrees cooler than the areas within the 101, 10 belt lines.

In AZ elevation is everything. Also, it does not cool off much at night in Phoenix area.

Better climate is Prescott or Sedona, but you said you were moving to Phoenix. The big Haboobs blow from East across the Phoenix metro area toward the west. We like the northern suburbs the best.

Best bet IMHO is Cave Creek!

Old 05-07-2017, 12:32 PM

52 posts, read 78,250 times
Any other peoples opinions on Boise vs Phoenix who have lived,visited both?Likes and dislikes .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area