Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
Re: #11... Most people don't want to become friends with people who are nothing but negative all the time. J/S...

True. To quote another poster here, "wherever you go, you take yourself with you". It remains to be seen how the OP will feel about Denver or wherever they end up next after living there awhile.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:40 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry1961 View Post
7. If you are a manager as I am and try to hire decent people it's very difficult. It seems that most
people under 40 have numerous babies with no fathers and are proud of that. They never arrive on
time and they call in sick every week. They only want enough money to pay for their smart phones
and get more tattoos.
Is there truth to this? I've heard there's a lot of laid back people in Phoenix. Could tie into this.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:17 PM

77 posts, read 127,422 times
I'm in Denver and work as a software professional, seeking to move to Phoenix and have no addictions to drugs etc.. After reading the OP's comments maybe I'd be in demand! I have to go check it out down there and see what the IT market is like as I love heat and am over the cold....

Old 01-19-2016, 12:20 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhden2000 View Post
I'm in Denver and work as a software professional, seeking to move to Phoenix and have no addictions to drugs etc.. After reading the OP's comments maybe I'd be in demand! I have to go check it out down there and see what the IT market is like as I love heat and am over the cold....
Yeah, per the OP, it sounds like if you can show up on time and not call in sick, you've got it made in Phoenix!

Old 01-19-2016, 12:35 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Is there truth to this? I've heard there's a lot of laid back people in Phoenix. Could tie into this.
She doesn't say how much she's paying, job title etc. Don't read anything into it specific to the area.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:39 PM

133 posts, read 148,689 times
Phoenix sounds amazing compared to anywhere in New Mexico. I had to fire people for the lamest reasons. One young woman failed to show up for work because she "had to do laundry" (her words), another for pulling into the parking lot with the police behind her...and subsequently failing her Field Sobriety Test. Actually, with the second one, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but two weeks later her suspicious colleagues sniffed her big "Gatorade" and caught her red-handed (red-nosed?).

These were just the tip of the iceberg.

:/

Old 01-19-2016, 12:46 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornT View Post
Phoenix sounds amazing compared to anywhere in New Mexico. I had to fire people for the lamest reasons. One young woman failed to show up for work because she "had to do laundry" (her words), another for pulling into the parking lot with the police behind her...and subsequently failing her Field Sobriety Test. Actually, with the second one, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but two weeks later her suspicious colleagues sniffed her big "Gatorade" and caught her red-handed (red-nosed?).

These were just the tip of the iceberg.

:/
Sounds like NM. I like the scenery there, but the towns and people scare the crap outta me. Its a whole other world out there.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:51 PM

133 posts, read 148,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Sounds like NM. I like the scenery there, but the towns and people scare the crap outta me. Its a whole other world out there.
Same. I was shocked that anywhere in the lower 48 could be so backwards. If it were a country, I don't know that we would call it a "First World" country.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:00 PM

639 posts, read 971,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Is the vet an expert on hard water issues? That sounds pretty suspect. They're usually tied to high sodium diets and dehydration amongst other variables and not tied to water quality.

As you know its hot and dry here, and maybe the dogs need to be eating better food.
My dog ended up with bladder stones after we moved here. 70 of them. She has another condition, unrelated, that she has always been under a vet's care for so was monitored her entire life. The only thing that changed when we moved here was her water (we had her on a high quality pet food as well). My vet also said the same, many pets cannot tolerate the water here. Ours do not drink tap water. That surgery bill to have them removed was a lot higher than buying them water.

The water is an issue here, and it's something to be cognizant of.

Other than that, carry on.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:13 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
My dog ended up with bladder stones after we moved here. 70 of them. She has another condition, unrelated, that she has always been under a vet's care for so was monitored her entire life. The only thing that changed when we moved here was her water (we had her on a high quality pet food as well). My vet also said the same, many pets cannot tolerate the water here. Ours do not drink tap water. That surgery bill to have them removed was a lot higher than buying them water.

The water is an issue here, and it's something to be cognizant of.

Other than that, carry on.
Dehydration is also an important factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area