Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:42 PM

755 posts, read 674,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_sigma View Post
Oh! They spelled the word ******! I get it. It's the same word in 50% of the songs I hear when I'm walking down the street. I wholeheartedly understand the outrange. Sure it's in bad taste, but let's not beat around the bush, people.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
ok great. I would like every kid who has rap music on their device that they bring to school that uses the word ni^^er to be suspended and have their scholarships pulled. Which means basically no black kids enrolling in college next year.

Fair is fair.
You can do what you like in the privacy of your own ears. Black kids aren't allowed to use the word in school either.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but NONE of the black people that I know use the N-word....and yes, I'm black.

But people like yourself love to excuse overt racism but scapegoating and victim blaming. The truth is that a lot of whites feel superior to blacks and take pleasure in antics such as these in an attempt to put blacks in their place.

Well this is not 1916, its 2016 and "we" are going to use ALL of our power to teach these racist children that you racist parents have spawned a lesson. "We" have mobilized to strip those racist little white girls of their scholarships and college admissions. And next "we" will handle their parents. Some of you will learn. Again, this is NOT 1916 and you will be held accountable for these racist antics. Black people are CONSTANTLY on the mind of some of you people....CONSTANTLY. Some of you seriously need to learn how to leave black people the "eff" alone.
Check Mate

Old 01-24-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
This is a terrible assumption that basically ALL black kids enrolling in college use that word? See my earlier post, youth of all ethnicity use the word.
What do you expect from someone who generalizes behavior. This person just displayed his/her true stereotyping behavior. Lol, and he/she thinks a point was made.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:53 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
As a white male, are YOU solely represented by white male comedians and white male singers and rappers? LOL. Does Eminem represent you? That is a very silly and childish assertion on your part.
Nope, I only watch/listen to comedians who aren't racist or vulgar ... regardless of their race, gender, or anything else. As for my musical tastes, I dislike most rap, including (and especially) Eminem. My comments were not silly or childish. Anybody who uses racist language is wrong in my personal opinion, including all the rappers & comedians who do and get away with it.

Quote:
MANY blacks disapprove of the usage of the N-word but if you actually knew black people personally you would already know that as fact.
The fact remains that those girls have not been properly educated by their families so please stop attempting to redirect blame. I'm sure they knew better than to do anything that was anti-gay or anti-women.

I am not surprised that you, a white male, feel obligated to protect the tarnished honor of those young white women. That is your duty. It also invalidates everything else that you have said regarding the issue. They are wrong but your obligation is to circle the wagons to protect white womanhood from the harsh realities of life. I don't think that all white people are racist. Some of my best friends are white...but they are HONEST about racism and prejudice.
I never once protected them or said what they did was OK. Their actions were highly uncalled for ... however, the way this thread, and the news media for that matter, have run this issue into the ground is simply mind blowing. It was an idiotic stunt by a bunch of idiotic teenagers who were fully aware of their actions and should have known better ... nothing more. Nobody was shot, nobody was killed, nobody was raped, nobody had their rights violated.

At the same time, do you not believe in the Constitution and the First Amendment right to free speech? I'm not defending what they did, but they actually had a right to do what they did according to the First Amendment. Same goes for all the comedians & rappers who constantly use the "N" word and get by with it. It's offensive and it's ignorant, but it's still their Constitutional right.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 PM

Couldn't get pass page 7. These threads on race really bring out the ignorant racists.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I have not seen one person approve of their message. Typical of those yelling the loudest too exaggerate the facts or outright lie to attempt to justify their position though.
Well you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Nope, I only watch/listen to comedians who aren't racist or vulgar ... regardless of their race, gender, or anything else. As for my musical tastes, I dislike most rap, including (and especially) Eminem. My comments were not silly or childish. Anybody who uses racist language is wrong in my personal opinion, including all the rappers & comedians who do and get away with it.
You missed the point of my comment. You made the assumption that black comedians and black rappers represent me, my beliefs and opinions (as well as those of all other black people) simply because we share the same section of the skin color chart. Again, people like yourself and those Desert Vista HS girls are unable to see black people as individuals. Your only context are entertainers as referenced by your previous post And yes, that is childish, silly and very sad for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I never once protected them or said what they did was OK. Their actions were highly uncalled for ... however, the way this thread, and the news media for that matter, have run this issue into the ground is simply mind blowing. It was an idiotic stunt by a bunch of idiotic teenagers who were fully aware of their actions and should have known better ... nothing more. Nobody was shot, nobody was killed, nobody was raped, nobody had their rights violated.

At the same time, do you not believe in the Constitution and the First Amendment right to free speech? I'm not defending what they did, but they actually had a right to do what they did according to the First Amendment. Same goes for all the comedians & rappers who constantly use the "N" word and get by with it. It's offensive and it's ignorant, but it's still their Constitutional right.
The girls have the right to spell out the N-word in t-shirts and post it to social media; social media has exercised its right to respond. There are consequences to come with the ability to exercise those rights and the young women are learning that lesson as we speak. They did not care who they were hurting with their stunt but those who they have offended are educating them.

I do not expect you, a white male, to fully understand how this incident affects myself or others. Maybe you can understand or maybe you can not. Either way the day has come that we will not simply allow this overt displays to be written off to youthful ignorance. That is no longer enough. The black students at Desert Vista do not deserve to be exposed to this hostility.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:18 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Did you know there is limited freedom of speech in school? If that speech disrupts learning it isn't free. Do you know anything about the Social Contract and the job of the government to protect our rights? One's right cannot supersede another's. I have the right to an appropriate learning climate when in school, foul language and disruptive behavior takes that away.
And I'll bet you just love the power it gives you over a group, some of whom who are likely just as articulate, but have no formal recourse against your arbitrary ego-trip.

I don't dispute the need for a basic social contract, or a uniform set of rules. But the kids you are attempting to bully figured our a way to offend your sensibilities, and those you claim to speak for, but let narrow, absolutist minds like yours jump to conclusions; They dangled the bait, and Absolutely Politically Correct dilettantes such as yourself had to take it in order to throw your weight around.

You're probably only concerned with an "appropriate learning environment" that protects and promotes your views -- yours and the NEA's -- at taxpayer expense.

Seig Hiel?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-24-2016 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 02:41 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
I do not expect you, a white male, to fully understand how this incident affects myself or others. Maybe you can understand or maybe you can not. Either way the day has come that we will not simply allow this overt displays to be written off to youthful ignorance. That is no longer enough. The black students at Desert Vista do not deserve to be exposed to this hostility.
I understand that it was a very offensive and idiotic move on the teenagers' part, and I don't condone it. What bothers me about this whole issue is how it's generating so much media attention ... and how people like you are personally taking offense to it. The girls didn't make any derogatory comments against you personally. When I as a white male hear people of various races making slams against white people, I think it's very foolish & derogatory on their part, but I'm not personally offended. I mostly just blow it off and consider the source. You, on the other hand, seem to be taking this incident way too personally.

How do you feel when you hear words like "ugly", "retard", or other offensive labels being tossed around freely at people, and nobody blinks an eye or takes offense? I would say those words are equally offensive as any racial slur, and I've heard many people of various races, colors, and genders call others those kinds of names. Yes, the "N" word and other racist language is offensive, but so are many other words out there. If you want to stop all hatred and discrimination, good luck, because there's a lot more types of bigotry out there besides racial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area