Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:19 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,284,375 times

Advertisements

This is pretty disturbing. I'm ashamed of these girls and how they represented our community. I can't believe they thought this was funny especially during MLK week. Is this the Millennial generation of everyone has to outdo each other and live on the fringe that they had to take a prank to this level to get attention? This is just pathetic in my opinion!

Girls Pose for Yearbook Photo in Shirts Spelling Racial Slur

Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,593,546 times
What is police doing at the school over this? There was no threats are anything illegal. Furthermore this had nothing to do with school. They did nothing to violate any laws or school rules (since this had NOTHING to do with school) so, I just can't wrap my head around why these kids are in trouble. Mind you, I do not agree with their idea in any way, shape or form but I'll be damned if I don't defend their right to say it. Besides, although I hate the word, hip hop culture has made it every other word in many sentences for a long time now... Kind of lost it's effect unless, a white person says it...........

Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
What is police doing at the school over this? There was no threats are anything illegal. Furthermore this had nothing to do with school. They did nothing to violate any laws or school rules (since this had NOTHING to do with school) so, I just can't wrap my head around why these kids are in trouble. Mind you, I do not agree with their idea in any way, shape or form but I'll be damned if I don't defend their right to say it. Besides, although I hate the word, hip hop culture has made it every other word in many sentences for a long time now... Kind of lost it's effect unless, a white person says it...........
They did violate school rules. What makes you think they didn't? What they did was offensive and crude. They tried to be cute and get away with it and now they are justifiably being punished. I think their punishment isn't harsh enough.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,296,907 times
What was the point of this? Why is this even on their minds to spell out the word and pose for a picture?

Even if one of them came up with the idea, 5 others thought it would be hilarious to join in the fun. And people think that the younger generation is more open-minded, and only blacks are obsessed with race.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,593,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
They did violate school rules. What makes you think they didn't? What they did was offensive and crude. They tried to be cute and get away with it and now they are justifiably being punished. I think their punishment isn't harsh enough.
It didn't happen at school or have anything to do with the school. That's my issue.............. At least as far as the ABC 15 article I read stated.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
It didn't happen at school or have anything to do with the school. That's my issue.............. At least as far as the ABC 15 article I read stated.
It doesn't have to actually occur on school property. It was a school sponsored event hence the reason they are required to observe the same rules. The students violated their school code of conduct. They absolutely can be punished for this.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,209,873 times
It absolutely happened at school.

The ABC 15 article is some what shoddy, but clearly harkened at school

It was senior picture day and there were a group of students that spelled out a larger phrase

Then this smaller group broke off and acted stupid, then put it on Snapchat, which everyone should know by now is very easy to capture from

Absolutely should be suspended.

The 5 days is probably a little light. Should definitely be supplemented with some outreach and they shouldn't be allowed to walk graduation either

Idiotic and disgusting

I'm somewhat heartened to see not many are defending them

Old 01-22-2016, 11:00 PM

3,252 posts, read 3,921,154 times
Nipper?

Old 01-22-2016, 11:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,517,622 times
Not surprised....at all

Old 01-23-2016, 01:02 AM

It's also another example of Social Darwinism. You are a moron for participating in this but let's not stop there. They are going to demonstrate just how low their IQ is by posting this on an internet site where people have access to these photos which could incriminate them. It's essentially like someone robbing a store and then posting it on youtube. If you are stupid enough to participate in something like this, I suppose you are stupid enough to also get caught. It goes with the territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area