Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 01:03 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Anyone still think the Cardinals have Super Bowl potential? As long as Botch-er is the DC, they are going nowhere. And let's not even talk about Palmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Anyone still think the Cardinals have Super Bowl potential? As long as Botch-er is the DC, they are going nowhere. And let's not even talk about Palmer.
Not me, this is embarrassing. As has been the everything up until this point this year.

So much praise in the off season and we've done nothing to validate it.

Edited to add: Offense, Defense and Special Teams are a mess. At some point the coaching needs to be questioned.

Last edited by LBTRS; 09-25-2016 at 01:21 PM..

Old 09-25-2016, 01:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
What a total embarrassment!! Can't score from the red zone,another bad snap for a touchdown and BA out coached by Rex Ryan!

Who was it on here just last week who said "Not sure how losing to the Pats in the first game of the season matters in the slightest" Every game matters!

Old 09-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
What a total embarrassment!! Can't score from the red zone,another bad snap for a touchdown and BA out coached by Rex Ryan!
I think Rex Ryan's comments during the week were brilliant. Got his team motivated and ours over confident.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:26 PM

For those who have followed this team for years and years like me, this is just reminiscent of those years. Same old Cardinals. So many wasted Sundays. Seriously, will we ever have a winner?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I think Rex Ryan's comments during the week were brilliant. Got his team motivated and ours over confident.

I agree. Believe me I love this team and had a lot of faith in BA he's very easily intimidated and tries to get to cute against certain teams. Even if we find a way to come back and win this still shouldn't happen especially to a team like the Bills. SB bound....

Old 09-25-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I agree. Believe me I love this team and had a lot of faith in BA he's very easily intimidated and tries to get to cute against certain teams. Even if we find a way to come back and win this still shouldn't happen especially to a team like the Bills. SB bound....
I too love this team and hope they can find a way to be consistent long enough to get to the SB one day. So much talent on this team but sitting 1-2 this season is unacceptable. The QB situation and some key coaching positions need to be evaluated and addressed.

I also think we need to find a place kicker that is consistent.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:14 PM

Looks like preseason out there with receivers running bad routes, making key errors. Floyd had an especially bad game today. We're certainly not out of it yet, but the coaches have to get their act together soon.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:23 PM

576 posts, read 831,416 times
There would at least be SOME optimism if there was just one or two areas that needed improvement, but this team sux on nearly every level. Given the talent that this team has, it would seem to point to a coaching problem more so than a player problem.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:50 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,437 times
I don't understand why all through the different coaches, different teams, different players, the Cardinals just absolutely positively cannot seem to win an early game on the East Coast. It's remarkable how much difference a few hours in timing seems to make. We also don't do well in cold weather, which is why going to Buffalo in September seemed like a good thing ... oops, didn't matter.

You just don't want to give an underdog team, especially a home team, an early lead. It's hard to overcome the intensity and excitement that that produces in even a downtrodden team.

For once I'll agree with the Palmer haters...he was very scattershot today and I guess after a half-dozen dropped picks, it was time for Buffalo to finally hold on to a few of them. Why aren't the receivers running better routes? Sloppy cuts, half-hearted efforts on 50/50 balls, running the wrong routes...I don't remember the receivers making so many mental and effort errors at any time last year. I guess the reality is if Palmer doesn't get the ball out quick, bad things start to happen when he starts standing around and picking windows to try to squeeze the ball into.

I wonder, is it just that hard to keep players as focused and motivated as the Cardinals were last year, for year after year?

I love Catanzaro but at least we'll have a new punter and holder after this week's injury and snap issues. Even the 60-yard field goal, the snap wasn't exactly perfect. Butler did a nice job getting it down quickly but he was bad enough on a good ankle and we can't keep risking games on his balky ankle. Time for a new punter and a new snapper. Veterans, please.

It was hard but I found some free agent long snappers with experience. Aaron Brewer, long snapper for the Broncos 2012-2015. Danny Aiken, Patriots 2011-2014, snapped in games for Carolina and New York Giants last year. Christian Young, Browns, 2011-2014. Thomas Gafford, Chiefs 2008-2014, last year snaped in games for Chicago and Oakland.

In other words? Slim pickings unless Mike Leach wants to un-retire, but at least there's a couple guys out there with recent NFL experience.

Free agent punters aren't overwhelming. Tim Masthay (Packers 2010-2015) is one solid option. Also, Ryan Quigley (Jets 2013-2015). That's about all I'm seeing.

I hope the Cardinals go with proven vets but they had some kids in camp at LS (Dillon) and P (Swanson) that they may turn to instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area