Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times

Advertisements

The Cards are a Chicago-born team... we're gonna be eternally cursed. You guys do know that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 09:52 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Let's hope we don't get stuck with Stanton.
THIS^^^^^^^^! I have been saying the Cardinals needed to get a decent backup or at least start developing a future quarterback. Instead, Arians and company extended Stanton's contract! Now their worst nightmare is being realized. Palmer likely will miss Thursday's game against the niners and Stanton (good for at least one interception per game) will be at the helm. To be fair, though, there are so many issues with this team right now it would be unfair to blame it all on the QB play.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Exactly right! This is 100% on the coaching staff,no one looks ready to play especially on special teams. They're embarrassing to watch and starting to look a lot like the Whiz years all over again.

Every week there's a long pass to John Brown and every week it's broken up or worse,intercepted. Why put the smurf against a 6'4 DB especially when we have 2 large TE? Then we run the ball all the way down to the 4 yard line and throw 2 passing plays and wind up with only 3 points? BA seems to stubborn to change things up and I'm now starting to wonder if this is why he was let go both in PA and Indy. This was our easy part of year,the schedule only gets harder after Thursdays game and with Stanton at the helm you can now guarantee we're going 1-4. Honestly we'd be better writing this year off and losing every game to get us a low draft pick,there's some pretty good college QB's coming out next year.

Sad part is last year the Seahawks were in this position and turned things around,made the playoffs and gave us a run for the division title. But we unfortunately we don't have their coaching and discipline to do that.
No you did not just mention the Whiz years!!? Just when it seemed safe to put those dreaded memories to rest they get resurrected by the team's sorry play!

You are correct about the predictable play calling...that apparently falls on Arians. You are also correct about the schedule getting tougher from here. After the niners they have the Jets, Seahawks, Panthers (who are also playing horrible), niners again, Vikings, Falcons.

Finally, I think we all have doubts as to whèther this team has the coaches and discipline to turn things around like Seattle did last year? Now that they are in this hole, I (as one of its harshest critics), will be rooting hard for them to right the ship. It should be fun.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:56 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Stanton (good for at least one interception per game)
**per quarter

Old 10-03-2016, 11:37 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,077,573 times
Honestly, I thought he did good for that run of games he took over for Palmer last time he got injured for a few games. I was even kind of glad, because I remember thinking Palmer was going to have real trouble against those teams.

As for being put in in the fourth with no warm-up, (if it was in the first he would have at least had pre-game tossin around), and no warning; I certainly didn't expect Stanton to pull it out yesterday, especially the way the rest of the team had been looking up to that point.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:00 PM

226 posts, read 227,450 times
Go Cards! Go Cards! Around the bowl and down the hole!

Old 10-03-2016, 04:49 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Honestly, I thought he did good for that run of games he took over for Palmer last time he got injured for a few games. I was even kind of glad, because I remember thinking Palmer was going to have real trouble against those teams.

As for being put in in the fourth with no warm-up, (if it was in the first he would have at least had pre-game tossin around), and no warning; I certainly didn't expect Stanton to pull it out yesterday, especially the way the rest of the team had been looking up to that point.
Stanton like all the others have plenty of pre game warm ups,they're all out there 90 minutes before the game.

It wouldn't have mattered if he had 6 months of warm ups,Stanton sucks! He had 2-3 good games back in '14 and that's it. Why he's still on the team is beyond me,he's a waste of cap money! I think Simms looked much better than him last year in pre-season.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Stanton like all the others have plenty of pre game warm ups,they're all out there 90 minutes before the game.

It wouldn't have mattered if he had 6 months of warm ups,Stanton sucks! He had 2-3 good games back in '14 and that's it. Why he's still on the team is beyond me,he's a waste of cap money! I think Simms looked much better than him last year in pre-season.
Barkley looked better than Stanton this pre-season.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:43 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Barkley looked better than Stanton this pre-season.

True. I think Chicago picked him right up and he's on their practice squad now.The only chance at winning against the 49ers is running DJ as much as possible and keeping Stanton from any erratic throws ( which is almost every one). Use our tight ends for some short screens and Fitz with some short crossing routes and we have a good chance but I'm not sure BA is willing to change and he'll have Stanton throwing the ball deep in their first series.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:26 AM

It looks like there is a possibility Palmer might play against the 49ers. They do stand a better chance with him in there, but I still think Arians and Keim should have been developing a quarterback for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area