Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 02:49 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times

Advertisements

The o-line needs a lot of work. Palmer is getting killed. Odd that both the Cardinals and Panthers fell off the face of the Earth this season.

Cards are going to have a lot of competition in the draft for a quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 03:00 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,721,070 times
Hopefully this loss will end all of the excuses as to why they lost again to a team with a winning record. This team is not good enough, period. That includes the so-called top ranked defense. I am usually tough on Palmer, but not this year. While he has not played well, he has been pummeled consistently. Bettcher's defenses seem to always do well statistically, but can never put it together in crucial games. Never.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:31 PM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Hopefully this loss will end all of the excuses as to why they lost again to a team with a winning record. This team is not good enough, period. That includes the so-called top ranked defense. I am usually tough on Palmer, but not this year. While he has not played well, he has been pummeled consistently. Bettcher's defenses seem to always do well statistically, but can never put it together in crucial games. Never.
I've been sticking my head in the sand since you first posted this " 2016 Cardinals team is just not that good "
I think it's time to present you with a STRIPE....
This team is JUST NOT THAT GOOD !

Old 11-27-2016, 06:06 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times
I take back anything good I said about this team.

I take back anything nice I said about Palmer. His arm looks like a slice of thin deli Pastrami attached to his body like a wet noodle.

The receivers outside of Fitzgerald are under achieving big time. The O line is terrible.

The defense has managed to play at a very high level, even given injuries. Arians in game adjustments to control the ball on offense, while leaning on his defense, has been deplorable. If there's one thing that can make an average offense better, is being on the same team as a good defense. So far that hasn't happened.

Thought this was going to be a fun year. It's not.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
I take back anything good I said about this team.

I take back anything nice I said about Palmer. His arm looks like a slice of thin deli Pastrami attached to his body like a wet noodle.

The receivers outside of Fitzgerald are under achieving big time. The O line is terrible.

The defense has managed to play at a very high level, even given injuries. Arians in game adjustments to control the ball on offense, while leaning on his defense, has been deplorable. If there's one thing that can make an average offense better, is being on the same team as a good defense. So far that hasn't happened.

Thought this was going to be a fun year. It's not.
Hey, welcome back...had not heard anything from you in awhile. I guess it took you a while to come to grips with the reality of the situation. Good to have you back.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:53 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,366,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
That Butler kid sure was a great pick up. Glad we ditched Quigley.

I assume he'll blame the refs, which were awful, but not the main cause of this performance.
What made me so angry was to see that Falcons' new punter, who they just signed, booming 60-yard kicks with massive hang time (4.7 seconds). This kid was on the street for anyone to sign, and we cut a guy to bring back Drew Butler, who kicks like he's got a five-pound weight around his ankle.

I guess the problem with a coach like BA who does things "his way" is that when "his way" is not working, he may have a tendency to just sticks with "his way" anyway. E.g., not keeping any tight ends in to block even when Palmer is getting blown up in two seconds flat on almost every single snap; e.g., long-term loyalty to underperforming coaches and favored players; e.g., old school playbook based on receivers making decisions on the fly, that only Larry seems capable of making correctly, while everyone else makes the wrong decision and we all watch as the pass sails into the middle of nowhere, or into a defender's hands.

I get that it all worked wonderfully and beautifully last year, but this season it seems like the coaching staff has been slow to adjust to the team's many failures. I think BA is a very good coach and I have no issue with keeping him around, because I believe we would almost assuredly not find anyone nearly as good as him on the open market.

Still, this offseason is now on Keim's shoulders. This is your organization, your coach, your roster, now get in there and crack the whip and get everyone on the same page with whatever you want your path forward to be. BA has done such a great job prior to this year that I think ownership and Keim have been very laissez-faire; but now is the time to maybe come down on him a little bit and say, look, we like you, but we need you to make a few changes, too, to address what's going on, and you may not like all of them.

As for Palmer, I thought he played really well the last two games considering how much of a beating he took and how little time he has had to work with -- and how terrible and listless all his receivers other than Fitzgerald and Gresham have been. I don't know how anyone can watch the last couple games and not be impressed by both his toughness and his willingness to try to make plays even though he's under pressure almost as soon as the snap touches his hands. A lot of guys would just crumble and start taking sack after sack after sack until they got pulled or the coach actually changed their protection scheme.

I guess Palmer knows BA better than to hope for that last part.

Last edited by ScottsdaleMark; 11-28-2016 at 09:01 AM..

Old 11-28-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Hey, welcome back...had not heard anything from you in awhile. I guess it took you a while to come to grips with the reality of the situation. Good to have you back.
I'm a Chiefs fan who had hopes for the local team.

I am back to reality.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:20 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,774,924 times
Listened to Bertram Berry on the radio today and his conclusion makes sense to me. There are deep hidden chemistry conflicts in the locker room. He didn't name names but some of the new players brought in neither like nor respect those who they've joined. It has become a cancer on the field and guys are not playing well together. It makes sense because, every player who gained a yard on offense in 2015 is back, yet the team success in 2016 is best featured on the back of a milk carton.

If this is the problem, let's get them out of here and get back to winning in 2017.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
If this is the problem, let's get them out of here and get back to winning in 2017.
You're gonna need a QB for that to happen. Palmer's arm is showing it's age.

QBs don't grow on trees. That's gonna be tough. The free agent market outside of Cousins is very limited.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Listened to Bertram Berry on the radio today and his conclusion makes sense to me. There are deep hidden chemistry conflicts in the locker room. He didn't name names but some of the new players brought in neither like nor respect those who they've joined. It has become a cancer on the field and guys are not playing well together. It makes sense because, every player who gained a yard on offense in 2015 is back, yet the team success in 2016 is best featured on the back of a milk carton.

I heard that. I don't care if they freaking hate each other once they step off the field. They get paid huge money to produce. To win. In the real world no one gets excused for lousy work because they can't get along with a co-worker.

The Cardinals should be no different. BASK and Michael need to figure out how to fix it if they can't get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area