Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 04:47 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,544 times

Advertisements

Good! I'm glad someones willing to take a chance with MF,he will be a key player once cleaned up. Only sad part is he may actually get a ring before Fitz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 05:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,215,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Patriots claim ex-Cardinals WR Michael Floyd off waivers

No need for anyone to lose any sleep over him.. He's already been picked up by the Patriots.
Floyd will be thankful he got a DUI and was cut once he is wearing a Super Bowl Ring with the Patriots. Punish me like that all day long.

I am disappointed that other teams out there were willing to pick him up before he got himself help and cleaned up. I'm all about a second chance once you've done the work and fixed yourself after a screw up. I'm not about rewarding poor behavior which is exactly what happened here.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Floyd will be thankful he got a DUI and was cut once he is wearing a Super Bowl Ring with the Patriots. Punish me like that all day long.

I am disappointed that other teams out there were willing to pick him up before he got himself help and cleaned up. I'm all about a second chance once you've done the work and fixed yourself after a screw up. I'm not about rewarding poor behavior which is exactly what happened here.

I agree with this and I'm really surprised it was the Pats who picked him up. This is something the Cowboys are famous for in past years, picking up thugs and substance abusers. Well BB has something up his sleeve and must figure even if MF is a bust he'll get a compensatory pick for him next year. If he does well there after his busted year here this will really show how bad our coaching staff is.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times
One thing no one is talking about is how this sudden decision affected the team. Listened to an interview with the Honey Badger and read a quote by Fitzgerald and the players aren't too happy about it. Arians and Keim have botched things this year big time, but they weren't fired. I sense the real issue for the poor play this year was chemistry, not ability. This move may have future negative repercussions for this team that will have 22 free agents once the season ends. In the meantime, Floyd should send Arians and crew a Christmas card for the "gift" of being cut from a floundering organization and being picked up by one that knows how to win.

Finally, as long as Arians insists on trying to make Palmer into something he is not there will be no ring. Fitzgerald should recommend a trade to a team that will give him a chance to play for a Superbowl ring before he retires. It won't happen here.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:07 PM

8,267 posts, read 8,641,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
One thing no one is talking about is how this sudden decision affected the team. Listened to an interview with the Honey Badger and read a quote by Fitzgerald and the players aren't too happy about it. Arians and Keim have botched things this year big time, but they weren't fired. I sense the real issue for the poor play this year was chemistry, not ability. This move may have future negative repercussions for this team that will have 22 free agents once the season ends. In the meantime, Floyd should send Arians and crew a Christmas card for the "gift" of being cut from a floundering organization and being picked up by one that knows how to win.

Finally, as long as Arians insists on trying to make Palmer into something he is not there will be no ring. Fitzgerald should recommend a trade to a team that will give him a chance to play for a Superbowl ring before he retires. It won't happen here.
Most of the 22 FAs don't figure into the future. I count 8 that I would bring back.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:

Those interviews/comments were really telling.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:

100% agree.

Mike Jurecki ✔@mikejurecki
Larry Fitzgerald on Michael Floyd release: “I can’t give you my true feelings because people might get upset. Mike is like my brother."
1:55 PM - 15 Dec 2016

I'm all for sending a message but if you're going to call out a player (Bethel) then dump MF you need to do the same for the coaches....Fires Amos Jones,get a good OC and let BA just coach. His play calling is more than questionable at times.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:45 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
100% agree.

Larry Fitzgerald on Michael Floyd release: “I can’t give you my true feelings because people might get upset. Mike is like my brother."

I'm all for sending a message but if you're going to call out a player (Bethel) then dump MF you need to do the same for the coaches....Fires Amos Jones,get a good OC and let BA just coach. His play calling is more than questionable at times.
Well said!

Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
100% agree.

Most of the blame should be placed on the front office. They did a poor job with the draft last spring. No players from that draft contributed to this season. They did nothing in free agency. Three starters from the offensive line were replaced. They didn't resign Massie, Powers, Rashad Johnson and Freeney. Catanzaro and Butler were retained from last season despite concerns. They gave Bethel a large contract. Had the Cardinals had a productive offseason, we wouldn't be discussing these problems. The concern is blame is being placed entirely on the players and to a smaller degree, the coaches. But the front office and Steve Keim in particular seems to be getting away scot free.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:18 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,365,996 times
I respect Fitzgerald and I get that he and Floyd have been close for many, many years even before the NFL. So he's sticking up for his brother in arms, I don't have a problem with that notion. But objectively, when you screw up in the NFL, there are lots of situationally-dependent consequences...and the situation they usually depend on is win-loss record and individual stats. If you don't play well and happen to be on a losing team, you'll find yourself facing a lot more consequences than if you play well and happen to be a winning team.

However, given the way everyone has performed this year...does anyone really have much ground to stand on when complaining about personnel moves? In any business, when a group does not perform, changes are made. Let's not kid ourselves, if the Cardinals were playoff-bound they probably would not have cut Floyd but rather perhaps suspended him for the rest of the regular season. Since the Cards are not going anywhere this season and everyone knew they were not going to resign Floyd, I can understand why they took this opportunity to send a message and save ownership $1.2 million in salary while they're at it.

BA may not want to fire Jones but I'm interested to see if ownership/SK insist on any coaching changes in the offseason, or if BA rebuffs any attempts to change his staff. If so, I think he'll win the power struggle this time, given his great track record, but when teams lose, conflicts arise and I can't imagine how Amos Jones is not going to be a topic of discussion this offseason.

Edit to say something nice: I don't like all the excuses from BA, but I do like that he's still passionate and invested and ticked off. Even if it's kind of loco to complain about which team is getting rained on more often, it at least shows a level of passion and involvement. I haven't heard any excuses from SK and I know he's focused on a big offseason with a lot of personnel decisions. I am hoping that Arians and Keim, as smart, successful men the last few years, will learn a lot from this season and come back with a better all-around performance next year.

Last edited by ScottsdaleMark; 12-16-2016 at 06:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area