Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:55 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
25 - 35 miles from those areas to downtown...if you own horses you are kind of used to crazy commutes to get to your other job. There are some areas closer in and little pockets of horse property within towns...just throwing out some ideas.
Yeah, but in traffic? Commuting to DT from AJ or QC is gonba make DH nuts. OP has stated up to 40 minutes as long as he's not sitting in traffic, which is certainly not the case in those locatiins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 11:01 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo71 View Post
Cave Creek, or Apache Junction which would be more within the price range you're looking for.

Cave Creek may not be in her price range, and it's a LONG commute. As is Apache Junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yeah, but in traffic? Commuting to DT from AJ or QC is gonba make DH nuts. OP has stated up to 40 minutes as long as he's not sitting in traffic, which is certainly not the case in those locatiins.

Agreed. I really think Laveen is the best place to start. I can't say enough about the value of irrigated land for even a small pasture. The water is CHEAP (at times, it's actually free). And Laveen is a relatively easy commute to downtown without getting on the freeway. Some friends of mine live in that area, and I'd be looking at it if I wanted horses in my back yard again like my family had years ago.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:20 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Yeah true...missed the "sitting in traffic" part. Going to be sitting in traffic regardless if he is commuting during "rush" times. Course...Estrella is far enough south that you wouldn't have to jump on the freeway...just saying.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Yeah true...missed the "sitting in traffic" part. Going to be sitting in traffic regardless if he is commuting during "rush" times. Course...Estrella is far enough south that you wouldn't have to jump on the freeway...just saying.
That's true. But I don't know that OP is going to find horse property in her price range in Estrella, either. Unless it's an older property that needs work.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:07 PM

125 posts, read 106,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Cave Creek may not be in her price range, and it's a LONG commute. As is Apache Junction.

Agreed. I really think Laveen is the best place to start. I can't say enough about the value of irrigated land for even a small pasture. The water is CHEAP (at times, it's actually free). And Laveen is a relatively easy commute to downtown without getting on the freeway. Some friends of mine live in that area, and I'd be looking at it if I wanted horses in my back yard again like my family had years ago.
Good points above regarding the commute. I've heard crime in Laveen prevents it from being a really desirable place to live, though maybe it's improving with development.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:12 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
That's true. But I don't know that OP is going to find horse property in her price range in Estrella, either. Unless it's an older property that needs work.

I'm not sure there is any in Estrella, or if there is, that it would be in price range- agree with you there. There are some homes in Goodyear that have horse privileges that are within the OP's range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo71 View Post
Good points above regarding the commute. I've heard crime in Laveen prevents it from being a really desirable place to live, though maybe it's improving with development.

Actually, it's sort of the other way around. The area of Laveen that was filled with subdivisions during the boom, and crashed when the bubble burst, is where there have been issues. The older agricultural part is better, from what I understand.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
There are horse properties near 56th Street and Sweetwater in NE Phoenix. The commute from there would be reasonable.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
There are horse properties near 56th Street and Sweetwater in NE Phoenix. The commute from there would be reasonable.
Less than $400K????

Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,191,620 times
Sunburst Farms in Glendale is a reasonable commute. Some of the properties have irrigation. You should be able to find something in your price range, but they get snatched up fast. Welcome to Arizona!

Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Well aware of the properties up there...those are NEVER up for sale and you would have to add $200k to the OP's target price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area