Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,063 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Denver to Phoenix a year and a half ago.

1. They have the worst schools in the USA. They are ranked just above Mississippi and Alabama.

2. Many people here are rather ill-mannered.

3. Driving is terrifying. The drivers are extremely aggressive. They weave in and out of traffic at high
rates of speed leaving maybe a few feet between their cars and others. They run right up your tail pipe
and do extremely crazy and dangerous things.

4. The teens and twenty-somethings ride their bikes, skooters and skateboards right out in traffic without
looking first. (I've never seen such ignorant young adults in my life.) I don't mean I've seen this once
or twice. It's most every day. They are texting while skateboarding across 6 lane streets.

5. There are many people with prescription drug addictions. Many doctors now are refusing to give patients
any at all, even if you are not an addict and have say a broken leg or something that really gives you
pain. Even when you have never asked for pain meds before. When I first called around to various
doctors offices to get established, many right off the bat many said If you are ever going to ask for pain
medications you won't get them here. I hadn't even asked about them.

6. The water is the hardest I have ever seen in my life. It leaves you feeling extremely itchy and it
corrodes everything. You would never drink it!

7. If you are a manager as I am and try to hire decent people it's very difficult. It seems that most
people under 40 have numerous babies with no fathers and are proud of that. They never arrive on
time and they call in sick every week. They only want enough money to pay for their smart phones
and get more tattoos.

8. The heat starts in April. It's bad in May. Unbearable in June, July, August and September and it's hot
half of October. It does not cool down at night for 5 months of the year. Phoenix and suburbs are in a
valley and since there are few trees the heat is absorbed into the pavement and sidewalks. When it's
118F in the day it will still be 112F at midnight.

9. When budgeting to buy a home, factor in the air conditioning bill. I first moved into a very small one
bedroom apartment and the A/C bill was over $160.00 per month for 6 months a year. My apartment
faced north and I didn't have any sun coming through the windows at all. Imagine what it will be in a
2300 sq ft house.

10. During monsoons which can happen any time between June and September mosquitoes are
everywhere. You can't get away from them.

11. It's hard to make friends. It seems that everyone I meet loves their drama, getting drunk, getting
high and making horrible life decisions that are so devastating to themselves and their children.

They only good things I have found about Phoenix is that during winter between late October and
March the weather is wonderful. Housing is very affordable and for me at least I get paid more.

Employers are so desperate for professional people who don't have addiction problems, absentee
problems, who are literate and speak well. Those qualities are not so common here.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Troll going waah

Old 01-18-2016, 08:44 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Wow, I've been here for 8 years and don't have your troubles. Maybe you are the common denominator in everything around you being so miserable?

Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
And not only all that but is gets really really hot in the summer and the whole place is invested with rattlesnakes, scorpions and Californians. You are better off moving to Oregon.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:30 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,204 times
The irony of the OP complaining about people being ill-mannered...

I've been noticing a lot of troll posts lately, especially in some of the general topic forums. Some of them I can tell it's the same person with different user names, this one though I assume will be a one-and-done hit-and-run.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:13 AM

483 posts, read 665,562 times
So...other than the 11 things the OP listed in her very first post, I assume she's fine with everything else.

On second thought, I probably shouldn't make that assumption. I feel another list of 11 coming in her reply...if, in fact, a reply will be forthcoming. Trolls usually do the hit and run thing...

As for her very first item, she compares Phoenix schools to that of two other states. I would like to remind the OP that Phoenix is not a state. I'd also like to point out that over in the Nevada forum (which, coincidentally, IS a state) one of the latest posts says that Nevada is ranked last in education. Somehow that STATE was omitted by the OP.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:37 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times
I wouldn't call the OP a troll just because you don't like what she/he posts. It's just her opinion of Phoenix and everyone is entitled to her/his own opinion. The OP was just stating an opinion and doesn't like the area. Well, there are other places around the country that might better suit her/him.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:48 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Dear OP,
Thanks for taking the time to post your rant. When are you moving back home?

Old 01-19-2016, 07:46 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Go back to Denver and enjoy your blizzards in April.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:53 AM

483 posts, read 665,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Go back to Denver and enjoy your blizzards in April.
And a year from now we can read in the Denver forum 11 reasons why Denver sucks. I believe blizzards will be number 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area