Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 04:57 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Yup.

I was up there one day doing some minor work on the RV when I discovered I lost my 1/4 inch wrench. Trend the Dollar General, no luck. The clerk told me there was nowhere in BCC to buy tools, so I wound up having to drive all the way to Anthem and back to get one. Cost me over an hour, because Wally World was out of stock (surprise, surprise) so I had to go to the auto parts store.
That's why I personally prefer the convenience of cities, because at least in Phoenix I have plenty of options for something that basic and within a reasonable distance, and plenty of more specialized amenities smaller places don't afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 03:08 PM

34 posts, read 52,781 times
Well I have spent the weekend in Prescott(apparently I don’t know how to say it correctly). But I went down on Saturday and check out BCC and I enjoyed the area met some awesome people and got a really good feel for the area. It is very similar to the area that I current reside in but not as many custom homes. The housing market is very limited I found out but my realtor is very knowledge about the area and it seems like everyone is desperate to sell the home so it looks like I will have the upper hand in negotiations when it comes to talking price.

I do agree that it sucks to not have an auto store close(potential business idea) but I am a huge fan of Amazon Prime and I know off hand I have all the tools required to work on my vehicles.

Thank you everyone with your input it was greatly appreciated, if anyone else would like to chime in feel free Im still learning and figuring out the area.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:44 PM

812 posts, read 794,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAlmond View Post
Well I have spent the weekend in Prescott(apparently I don’t know how to say it correctly). But I went down on Saturday and check out BCC and I enjoyed the area met some awesome people and got a really good feel for the area.
Yeah, we call it "Preskitt", but that is ok, no one knows that when they first come here!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:47 PM

It has blown me away, we have streets all over Fresno and Modesto areas in California and we say it they way it is written. But it seems the preskitt way is more of a persons last name.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAlmond View Post
It has blown me away, we have streets all over Fresno and Modesto areas in California and we say it they way it is written. But it seems the preskitt way is more of a persons last name.
No, it's not. They mispronounce it up there. Ask me how I know.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:15 PM

812 posts, read 794,758 times
Quote:
No, it's not. They mispronounce it up there. Ask me how I know.
Ok, how do you know?

Old 06-23-2016, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,959 times
Quote:
Yup.

I was up there one day doing some minor work on the RV when I discovered I lost my 1/4 inch wrench. Trend the Dollar General, no luck. The clerk told me there was nowhere in BCC to buy tools, so I wound up having to drive all the way to Anthem and back to get one. Cost me over an hour, because Wally World was out of stock (surprise, surprise) so I had to go to the auto parts store.
they have a lot of tools at Barneys Barn.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:25 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,713,909 times
It's in Yavapai County so no emissions testing for the 30 year old clunkers visible from I 17. Other than that...nice view of the Bradshaws I guess.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:51 AM

277 posts, read 429,529 times
We just moved to KOA in Black Canyon City and love it here.

TEN MINUTE drive to Anthem for NEW Safeway store just opened. There is Fry's and Walmart there as well. If you want Sprouts or Whole Foods they are on the north side of Phoeni. We lived in New River for 4 years and the air is even fresher here another 10 miles north.

Rock Sprints Cafe is 1 mile from us. Old fashionged food and great pies. Library is 1 mile from us with 10 mB/sec internet with fiber optics. Another great palce to eat with REAL Mediterranean food. All made fresh from scratch at Country Market. There is a Norra Jean's coffeehouse, coffee is OK (coffee gourmet here) and the food is way overpriced and not that great, but coffee OK. Didn't find the post office yet as we've been here a week, but WE LOVE IT HERE!

The traffic on I-17 on Friday and Sundays is not the best. Depending upon season it will be backed up one direction or the other from Phx to Flagstaff/Sedona. But if you don't need to drive up there on those days it is a breeze.

Because there is more water here than New River there are a lot more birds singing every morning. Enjoy!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:11 AM

IceCat, welcome to the neighborhood, I ended up purchasing a home on the West side of town back by the High Desert Park last year right after posting here. I love it and the easy access to the trails for riding has been an added plus. The other pain in the butt with my area of town is last summer when we moved it i dealt with 4 rattlesnakes in my backyard within two months and a bobcat that had fun walking the top of my fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area