Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 01:48 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm blind?

I'm not seeing what either the Diamondbacks (or others) might believe is wrong with Chase Field. It's always been a very good venue in my estimation. Isn't that what really counts -- what most of the fans think? It's a great place for baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 02:07 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
Chase Field was built a little bit which adds to the airplane hangar feel inside, it is really good venue in a convenient location that provides good amenities to most of its fans. The thing doesn't that I see in newer parks is a bar/lounge area that doesn't require extra ticketing. This is just the modern shakedown.

BTW - go Marlins and go Seahawks. I've lived in many cities ( never Miami or Seattle) and have always supported the team's I like. It has zero to do with an area or my level of involvement in it. If you are so insecure as to be bothered by what someone else chooses as entertainment that speaks more about you than them. If you derive an ounce of self worth from the actions of millionaires employed by billionaires that also says a lot about you.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:49 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
The Dodgers and Cubs series should tell the D Backs brass what the majority think your team. Stadium full of opposing fans. Nice stadium by the way. No new one needed, especially at tax payer expense.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The Dodgers and Cubs series should tell the D Backs brass what the majority think your team. Stadium full of opposing fans. Nice stadium by the way. No new one needed, especially at tax payer expense.
As long as money-spending people continue to move to Arizona from, quote: somewhere else, unquote... why wouldn't they continue to be in the stands? Isn't their spending-money just as green as those few-and-far-between D-backs fans spending-money is?

Rake it in, baby. It's all about the bottom line, after all. Forget the unnecessary "improvements".

Old 08-19-2017, 12:45 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
As long as money-spending people continue to move to Arizona from, quote: somewhere else, unquote... why wouldn't they continue to be in the stands? Isn't their spending-money just as green as those few-and-far-between D-backs fans spending-money is?

Rake it in, baby. It's all about the bottom line, after all. Forget the unnecessary "improvements".
I guess full was the wrong word. The Dodgers and Cubs are well attended but overall the D Backs are 20th in MLB attendance, 1 place ahead of lowly the San Diego Padres (and that is by an average of 47 fans). Last place San Francisco is 3rd in home attendance.

2017 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN

Old 08-19-2017, 04:10 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
I still have the same question as always... what does Chase not have?

Can someone please tell me??

I've yet to hear a fan complaint other than our team sucks....

Old 08-19-2017, 05:13 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
It's not the average fan the team wants to make feel more comfortable, or as you correctly point out, more whatever. It's the Sky Box crowd and sponsors they are worried about...

Old 08-19-2017, 05:29 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I still have the same question as always... what does Chase not have?

Can someone please tell me??

I think the stadium is fine, except that it's too big. I feel it's that proverbial, "Keeping up with the Jones" that every owner seems to have, and when you get newer stadiums with all these bells and whistles opening every couple of years, the owners are like, I wish our ballpark had that or that.

And sure sometimes you can add these amenities or similar ones to an existing ballpark, other times you would have to do major structural renovations, and owners probably are just looking for the tax payers to build them a new stadium, even if the current ballpark is only 20 years old.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:26 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,335,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I think the stadium is fine, except that it's too big. I feel it's that proverbial, "Keeping up with the Jones" that every owner seems to have, and when you get newer stadiums with all these bells and whistles opening every couple of years, the owners are like, I wish our ballpark had that or that.

And sure sometimes you can add these amenities or similar ones to an existing ballpark, other times you would have to do major structural renovations, and owners probably are just looking for the tax payers to build them a new stadium, even if the current ballpark is only 20 years old.
For the casual baseball fan, a 20 year old park seems rather new. However, Chase Field is actually already the 15th oldest ballpark in MLB. Some of the maintenance is probably true, like making sure the retractable roof is in working order and the building isn't leaking during Monsoon moisture (which is currently is at times). Some of it is keeping up with the Jones', but that's a ton of what draws the average fan to ballparks across the country. They don't need a new stadium, IMO, but I can easily see 100M being put into the current ballpark to keep it clean, working and upgraded when compared to some of the parks built within the past decade.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:37 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
For the casual baseball fan, a 20 year old park seems rather new.
People said that about Turner Field as well, and it just got replaced with a new ballpark in the burbs after being used for only 20 years. Having seen a game at Turner Field back in 2013, I thought the ballpark was great (although, like Chase it was too big), sure there wasn't really anything like restaurants and bars in the neighborhoods around the ballpark and Braves didn't own the land around the ballpark, but if neighboring Cobb County is throwing hundreds of millions at you, and a majority of your season ticket holders live in the northern suburbs, you take the handout.

It would be rather funny, sad, ironic, that in 20 years the city of Atlanta builds the Braves yet another new ballpark and they move downtown in 2037, then in 2057 another northern suburb builds a new ballpark for the Braves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area