Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph View Post
Hello:

Thank you all for your detailed responses. I have been searching for an ideal place to move to, but it's so true that nothing is perfect - take Flagstaff as an example: it's nice in summer, but not so in winter.

I plant to move to AZ, not for a job, but to hopefully recover (I hope) from a medical condition that I have. Home prices have gone up quite a lot, so not many choices at this time. I thought about moving to Sierra Vista, but then I learned there is a high cancer rate in the area, otherwise I would have moved there already. I heard about Cottonwood-Verde Village (is it really a village ?) being ideal for its summer/winter temperatures, but also learned that flooding does occur there.

How about other areas that are close to the mountains? Or maybe just like what ji603 said, no part of Phoenix has a cooler temperature in summer. I stress about looking for a place with cooler temperature in summer because I am concerned about high electric bills. Thanks once again!

Joe
Personally, I think you've overreacted to the possible cancer cluster in SV and flood risk of Cottonwood. The possible cancer cluster involved childhood leukemia about ten years ago. Flooding occurs nearly anywhere if Mother Nature gets peeved.

A look at your other threads indicates you're looking in many different states with wildly different climates, economics, abd lifestyles. Sometimes one has to stop analyzing and take action. And seriously consider renting fir a year prior to purchasing wherever you eventually relocate.

Based on comments you made in your other threads, the climate (hot summers) of Phoenix will not suit you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 02:13 PM

71 posts, read 162,035 times
Hello:

Thank you all for the suggestions! I know taking action is important and I hope I will do just that sooner than later; I guess I am just so afraid of making a mistake in terms of moving to a new place, as it's not easy for me to move around, like most. I will wait for a few days and see if I will get more responses; if not, I will create a new thread for a new topic, and hoping that by doing so I will have a more clear idea about where to move to. adriver, I will look into New River and Camp Verde (hopefully the home prices are not too high). Thank you!

Joe

Old 04-11-2016, 02:48 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph View Post
Hello:

Thank you all for the suggestions! I know taking action is important and I hope I will do just that sooner than later; I guess I am just so afraid of making a mistake in terms of moving to a new place, as it's not easy for me to move around, like most. I will wait for a few days and see if I will get more responses; if not, I will create a new thread for a new topic, and hoping that by doing so I will have a more clear idea about where to move to. adriver, I will look into New River and Camp Verde (hopefully the home prices are not too high). Thank you!

Joe
Why don't you just hire a mover, go pick a place that sounds good, and get a 6 month lease somewhere? I now see your other posts too, you plan on moving to completely different parts of the country just becaue they have mountains.???...?????. (Mass, NV, CO, VA, phx...)

Based on your other posts and where you are looking Phoenix would probably not be a good fit here. I believe most people are here: because they were born here, a job brought them, they like the heat, or they hate the cold. You really don't seem to fall into any of these categories..

Georgia, Utah, Wyoming, New York, Montana, Washington state, and Alaska also have mountains.

GOOD LUCK.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:13 AM

71 posts, read 162,035 times
Thank you so very much, adriver, for your assistance and help! I understand I give people the impression that I only want to live somewhere that is close to the mountains, but that only applies to areas with hot summers. In this forum many discuss about high elevation = low temperature - that's why I mention mountains a lot in my posts. I will go ahead and create a few more threads about Arizona. I hope you will continue to give me insightful inputs. Thank you once gain ! Joe

Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
If you call any area in this state a village Arizonans will stare at you as if there was poop on your face.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:46 PM

24,469 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
If you call any area in this state a village Arizonans will stare at you as if there was poop on your face.
How about the Village of Oak Creek (VOC)?

Old 04-14-2016, 04:43 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
yep. that one too.

Its as if you're trying to hard to put an "old west native flair" on it. Here in Merica, we call them cities and towns. We no longer have settlements either.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:00 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
No. You call it Oak Creek.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 PM

24,469 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
No. You call it Oak Creek.
Ahh no, Oak Creek is in Oak Creek Canyon.

This is the Village.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=oak+creek+az&ia=about&iax=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area