Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 02:11 PM

656 posts, read 807,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA4233 View Post
PHX has no palmetto bugs, fire ants, or skeeters (like in the SE). PHX also shows no signs of mold or mildew...something seen all over the east.
Drier areas typically have more breeze which can make hot days more durable, especially if in the shade or after dark.

People who live on the beach in FL are an exception...different climate.

Agree but for the skeeters, which have invaded my bedroom nightly the past two monsoon seasons. Brutal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 02:25 PM

24,770 posts, read 28,390,475 times
Phoenix vs Florida humidity? After living in Florida for 36+ years.. it's terrible. All depends your location in the state.. East Coast you have on shore breeze.. which brings rain or high humidity.. I have seen days.. of 100+ with humidity of 90 or greater.. sun goes down and the humidity slowly drops off by 2-3 am.. At night on the east coast along A1A concrete power poles get so saturated with ocean mist and humidity you can see a corona around them.
West Coast Florida.. very little surf very little breeze.. beaches are vast which soak up the suns rays.. and reflect .. east coast beaches are much narrower.. they also soak up the sun and reflect it back.. then all your major cities with all your tourist stuff.. massive area's of concrete and black top which radiate the suns heat all night long.. especially down the middle of the state.. off shore sea breeze from either coast very seldom makes it to these areas.. unless you have the hurricanes.. Look at the ocean temperatures..

Old 04-26-2016, 05:23 PM

3,939 posts, read 6,684,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
I've lived in Arizona for the last 25 years. I've yet to receive a mosquito bite.
Well they're definitely here! Been bitten and killed some rather large ones over the years.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:15 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,917,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
I've lived in Arizona for the last 25 years. I've yet to receive a mosquito bite.
Consider yourself lucky. Im plagued with them in my part of Scottsdale.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 PM

226 posts, read 226,334 times
And the winner is....PHOENIX!

Old 04-27-2016, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 18,119 times
I've been to Florida, Orlando during the height of the summer, and that was miserable. I haven't been to Phoenix though, but am planning to move there this summer. Let's see who has the worst heat.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
And the winner is....PHOENIX!
Phoenix wins the misery index for sure but why has this thread gone on so long. Phoenix has a below average humidity, to the point that our skin can't stay healthy here. Florida and most of the civilized human world wins the humidity battle by a long shot. What a dumb comparison really.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:18 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,250,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Phoenix wins the misery index for sure but why has this thread gone on so long. Phoenix has a below average humidity, to the point that our skin can't stay healthy here. Florida and most of the civilized human world wins the humidity battle by a long shot. What a dumb comparison really.
So true, all people have to do is look at the Köppen climate classification and see Florida has a Humid subtropical climate and Phoenix has a Hot desert climate, end of discussion, it's not rocket science guys.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,739,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Consider yourself lucky. Im plagued with them in my part of Scottsdale.
Did you know mosquitos prefer certain people based on the way they smell? I must smell like a flaming pile of crap because I don't get bit either by them, but in some ways, I'm ok with that.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:57 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,250,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Did you know mosquitos prefer certain people based on the way they smell? I must smell like a flaming pile of crap because I don't get bit either by them, but in some ways, I'm ok with that.
Here's a great summation on why skeeters like certain people:

Blood type, metabolism, exercise, shirt color and even drinking beer can make individuals especially delicious to mosquitoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area