Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:44 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,915,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
blah blah Chicago
blah blah blah where ever..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 11:26 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Im not sure I would go so far as to proclaim that for all of Phoenix. There are definitely Hispanic-only areas of Phoenix. Just last weekend I had to venture over to an area off Broadway and 7th St. Yeah, thats pretty much Hispanic-only, and very low income. Some side streets off of Central, south of Watkins were absolutely ghetto, I dont care what anyone says. The barrio's here are just as hardcore as the barrio's I saw back in Chicago, and thats no joke.
Yeah, the palm trees and sunshine mask how bad our bad areas really are, LA has the same problem

Old 05-10-2016, 03:47 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,958,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yeah, the palm trees and sunshine mask how bad our bad areas really are, LA has the same problem
True. South Central LA is one of the worst ghettos in the USA, yet doesnt look overly bad. Its not decaying like inner city Detroit, but its still a crime-ridden cesspool.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:45 PM

80 posts, read 70,253 times
There are very few places in and around Phoenix I'm wary about. I think our residents are spoiled...I mean in this very thread you've got someone saying Tempe isn't safe?! And there are plenty of comments in other threads about how "run down" Mesa is...there's like a couple 4 block radiuses that are sketchy, lol. These folks are either AZ natives or transplants from
Minnesota or something.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggirll View Post
There are very few places in and around Phoenix I'm wary about. I think our residents are spoiled...I mean in this very thread you've got someone saying Tempe isn't safe?! And there are plenty of comments in other threads about how "run down" Mesa is...there's like a couple 4 block radiuses that are sketchy, lol. These folks are either AZ natives or transplants from
Minnesota or something.
That's true. All depends who you talk to!

Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 AM

770 posts, read 836,543 times
Nice this thread has turned into the ghettos of the horrible city I ran to escape from is worse then anything Phoenix has to offer. Of course Chicago & Detroit are **** holes, but to say because we don't have anything as bad as those liberal run cities don't mean that Phoenix doesn't have any ghetto areas. There are neighborhoods in South Phoenix and Maryvale that look like 3rd world countries. That are overrun by gangs and drugs to say otherwise is ridiculous.

For the OP and Tempe Observer answered your questions pretty well. You are taking incidents that are random acts of violence that can and do happen anywhere. With your logic OP Paradise Valley is unsafe since someone broke into a mansion robbed, tied up the owners, killed and lit the owners on fire. Random crime is random for a reason.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:59 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,958,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Nice this thread has turned into the ghettos of the horrible city I ran to escape from is worse then anything Phoenix has to offer. Of course Chicago & Detroit are **** holes, but to say because we don't have anything as bad as those liberal run cities don't mean that Phoenix doesn't have any ghetto areas. There are neighborhoods in South Phoenix and Maryvale that look like 3rd world countries. That are overrun by gangs and drugs to say otherwise is ridiculous.

For the OP and Tempe Observer answered your questions pretty well. You are taking incidents that are random acts of violence that can and do happen anywhere. With your logic OP Paradise Valley is unsafe since someone broke into a mansion robbed, tied up the owners, killed and lit the owners on fire. Random crime is random for a reason.
Thats like saying all of PHX is a ****hole because of a few bad neighborhoods.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:13 PM

770 posts, read 836,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Thats like saying all of PHX is a ****hole because of a few bad neighborhoods.
This thread turned into a bunch of Midwestern transplants creating a passing match on how much worse those cities are to Phoenix.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 PM

226 posts, read 227,331 times
The bad parts of Phoenix tend to get hotter in the summer than the bad parts of other cities.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:26 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
The bad parts of Phoenix tend to get hotter in the summer than the bad parts of other cities.
The bad parts of Phoenix can be hotter in the summertime than the better parts of Phoenix too.

Buildings in the not-so-nice areas tend to be older with poor insulation and less-efficient cooling systems, so it can feel hotter for these reasons.

Those areas tend to be situated in concrete jungles and don't have as many shadetrees as the suburban areas, all this makes a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area