Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 04:14 PM

394 posts, read 340,845 times

Advertisements

for the Buckeye naysayers... where do you suggest purchasing new builds at this time?...

*specific question - wasn't asking about the opinion of new vs re-sale... re-sale is nearly impossible from out of state (in current market)... you need to be there the day it goes to market - or willing to place a blind offer and be under contract prior to viewing - or willing to make multiple trips from out-of-state at a moments notice (been there, done that)... **using realtor is still placing blind offer (regardless of photos, videos, description, etc)...

As several have mentioned (me included) - there are several reasons Buckeye is a consideration... Even if new exited elsewhere, Buckeye would still be a location of interest for me... but I'm curious what the experts say regarding an out-of-state purchase (where new builds are about the only viable option)...

Also, not asking about renting vs buying... simply what new builds in or around Phoenix would you suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 AM

17 posts, read 16,610 times
I recently posted a new thread asking for opinions about home builders in Estrella Mountain Ranch. It was deleted by ADMIN? because it might generate negative vibes about specific builders. I am sure someone might have good or bad experiences about building new home in Estrella but this forum will not allow anyone to disclose that???? I just got done reading very negative comments about Buckeye. What gives? What are the rules?

AZ_Rookie-Good Question. We are out of state and want positive opinions from the experts.

Last edited by rhondave; 06-28-2016 at 06:27 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 08:30 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,900,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
for the Buckeye naysayers... where do you suggest purchasing new builds at this time?...

*specific question - wasn't asking about the opinion of new vs re-sale... re-sale is nearly impossible from out of state (in current market)... you need to be there the day it goes to market - or willing to place a blind offer and be under contract prior to viewing - or willing to make multiple trips from out-of-state at a moments notice (been there, done that)... **using realtor is still placing blind offer (regardless of photos, videos, description, etc)...

As several have mentioned (me included) - there are several reasons Buckeye is a consideration... Even if new exited elsewhere, Buckeye would still be a location of interest for me... but I'm curious what the experts say regarding an out-of-state purchase (where new builds are about the only viable option)...

Also, not asking about renting vs buying... simply what new builds in or around Phoenix would you suggest?
Probably Chandler or Peoria.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Probably Chandler or Peoria.
Chandler may be a good choice for those that want East Valley (I prefer West)... I considered Peoria until I drove around there (great people, but too many pockets that seemed run down) - and I can't find any new builds under 2000 sq ft (too big for one person)... but Peoria may be a good choice for someone with other needs.

So there you have it... Peoria (for larger homes), Chandler (for East Valley desirability) and Buckeye for the oddballs like me (that prefer West Valley and house smaller than 2K sq ft).

Old 06-28-2016, 11:20 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Why is Phoenix proper being left out of this discussion?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why is Phoenix proper being left out of this discussion?
What do you have to add?...

Old 06-28-2016, 12:05 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,788,898 times
Quote:

There's several new builds going up here in Goodyear. I bought back in 2011 and had never been to Phoenix before, heck I've only been to Las vegas a few times and that was over 20 years ago. I looked all around Surprise,Goodyear and Buckeye and chose Goodyear and 5 years later I'm still very happy with my decision. My second choice was Surprise and liked the area but the 303 wasn't there yet and for me it was a little to far out. I could have bought more house for less money back then in Buckeye but Buckeye didn't impress me at all and now 5 years later I don't see the appreciation there that the rest of the west valley had. Verrado would be the only place in Buckeye I'd consider but again it's very remote. You can tell yourself all you want that driving a little bit further isn't a big deal but trust me it is. I was a snowbird for the last 4 years and moved here full time this year and with the increased population,never mind all the snowbirds, I wouldn't want to be living out in Buckeye.

I would rent first before locking yourself into an area which you might not be happy with a year from now but then again you might love it. The only reason I chose to buy over renting was back then you couldn't go wrong buying at 2011 prices and if things didn't work out I knew I could sell or rent my house out very easily.

Read Ponderosa & MN post as they are 100% correct on Buckeye.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Quote:
What do you have to add?...
Don't know what to add off the top of my head, but every time I read threads where people are moving here, I only see the suburbs being recommended, almost no one recommends the city, and since I live in the city, it perplexes me a bit, almost like people think Phoenix proper is a no mans land or something

Old 06-28-2016, 01:14 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,900,341 times
Quote:
Don't know what to add off the top of my head, but every time I read threads where people are moving here, I only see the suburbs being recommended, almost no one recommends the city, and since I live in the city, it perplexes me a bit, almost like people think Phoenix proper is a no mans land or something
If they're interest in Buckeye I don't see Phoenix appealing to them.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:17 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,938,987 times
Quote:
North Central may be the most overlooked area of the valley. 16th St. & Bethany....very well established neighborhoods, with some well made mid century houses. Good soil, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area