Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:59 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
based on my own experiences, it's a lot more than 2%. Maybe you forgot to add a zero. In any case, the 30% of bad cops out there face no repercussions, even in the face of video evidence proving their guilt, so we do have a problem & the police clearly aren't capable of policing their own, so the grown-ups need to step in and fix it for them.
blm is not helping this could very quickly turn into rioting and race wars, if they continue to spout their racist crap. In Dallas the black panthers are now involved and this seems to be escalating quickly, another black man was shot after waving a gun and pointing it at police. The black population is small in Phoenix so I think we would be affected minimally but almost no one wants nationwide riots,looting or nationwide race wars which is where we are headed

All lives Matter including police.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
It does make you wonder if the mainstream media is trying to protect blm by not reporting on the violence .
No, not really.

Quote:
Also on their official blm AZ facebook page there is a call by blm to attend the Phoenix protest
Attending is fine, but it doesn't call for violence, just attendance.

The idiots who tried to storm the Freeway weren't being directed by a distant BLM figure or some vast coverup, they were getting heated and stupid.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:19 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,472,289 times
Quote:
blm is not helping this could very quickly turn into rioting and race wars, if they continue to spout their racist crap. In Dallas the black panthers are now involved and this seems to be escalating quickly, another black man was shot after waving a gun and pointing it at police. The black population is small in Phoenix so I think we would be affected minimally but almost no one wants nationwide riots,looting or nationwide race wars which is where we are headed

All lives Matter including police.
GOOD GOD you're a dramatic individual. Why do I get the feeling that you WANT a race war to happen? Aside from occupying public space almost ALL of the protests have been non-violent and almost ALL of the protests have a huge amount of blacks, whites, and Hispanics marching side by side.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:20 PM

19 posts, read 13,412 times
No matter who organized the "peaceful protest," those who threw rocks at police officers should be arrested. That's criminal assault. I know it's easy to get the impression this week (from Lynch/Comey) that there's no rule of law anymore... hopefully that's not true.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:37 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,711,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was not a Black Lives Matter event. BLM disavowed the march and its organizer before it ever happened.

Rev. Maupin, the organizer, was in cahoots with Joe Arpaio a while back and lost a lot of respect and following for that. Since then he has gone over the top being a radical to reclaim some cred.

Activists hold civil rights protest in Phoenix - Story | KSAZ

/Thread fail.

Thanks, Ponderosa (since the system wouldn't let me give you a point).

Excuse me, Autism360, but dissent is quintessentially American. Also, no one should be confusing police work and patriotism. There is nothing intrinsically patriotic about police work or law enforcement. Clearly, an enormous number of police are incompetent and/or corrupt.

As a matter of fact, I think that anyone blindly standing up for police these days, after what we've been seeing in the news for the last many months, may be quintessentially un-American. Any violence resulting from the BLM movement is deplorable, but the police are reaping what they've sown.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:34 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
BLM like the Tea Party or any organization that protests for social and/or political change will always have some element of agitators (amateur looking for jollies or local/federal controlled saboteurs). This has been going on for decades and, sadly, most people fall for the ruse. Mostly because the mainstream media will always highlight such actions and present the fringe as part of the whole (if it bleeds, it leads). Anything to sell papers and keep viewers tuned in.

The important thing to take away from this particular situation is that the police were able to keep things in control and dealt with the agitators. That should be the story. Not just "some dude in a group of hundreds threw a rock, therefore, the hundreds are to blame".

Old 07-09-2016, 02:38 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Clearly, an enormous number of police are incompetent and/or corrupt.

As a matter of fact, I think that anyone blindly standing up for police these days, after what we've been seeing in the news for the last many months, may be quintessentially un-American. Any violence resulting from the BLM movement is deplorable, but the police are reaping what they've sown.
No one deserves to be killed and ambushed the way they've been the last few days!

IF you're standing up for the police you're now un American??

Sorry but this has to be the most #%@&% post in a long time! You cannot say every cop deserves this! No one deserves this! You can't take a whole group of people and classify all of them as bad because several are. If you're going to do that we might as well say that all blacks are gang bangers & murderers because of the shootings and murders that happen everyday in Chicago!

I agree there's a lot of corrupt and incompetent police out there but there's also a lot of good cops too. My girlfriend and I have a lot of family and friends who are in LE and are all good,decent people! With the things they deal with and see day to day I think they all should be required to have additional training and even competency evaluations to make sure they can still do their jobs clearly.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:43 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
I think Chris Rock's video, "How not to get your *#( kicked by the police", should be required viewing by anyone who gets a drivers license in the Phoenix metro. And repeated viewing every year or so after for every US citizen. It's very funny on one level but oh so true on the other level that I think would save the vast majority of people lots of hurt who complain that it's always the fault of the police.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:43 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I think Chris Rock's video, "How not to get your *#( kicked by the police", should be required viewing by anyone who gets a drivers license in the Phoenix metro. And repeated viewing every year or so after for every US citizen. It's very funny on one level but oh so true on the other level that I think would save the vast majority of people lots of hurt who complain that it's always the fault of the police.
Several years ago PBS used to show a program on how Blacks should interact with the police. The people on the show did not want to hear it. It is all pretty basic.

Manners, respect, and obedience.

The Rock video is good.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:51 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,046,764 times
All I can say is, "Phoenix police- keep the tear gas ready for any violent, rowdy behavior." I have no sympathy for people who engage in destructive, violent behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: