U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 03:35 PM

157 posts, read 247,834 times

Advertisements

Hoping to get some responses from Phoenix based peeps who have added an rv garage after the fact. House was built in 2007 and has space on the side for a 20'X50' garage. Original builder even had foresight to add 30 amp service on that side of house as well as sewer clean out. I have no idea what the cost would be, but looking for a simple 20X50 with a 12' garage door. Construction would involve a tensioned slab, 2x4 construct, with a tile roof, and exterior stucco to match house. Anybody built one recently that could share approximate cost and any pertinent info such as permits, ect?

Tia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 04:42 PM

198 posts, read 258,566 times
What city are you in?
I've done several in queen creek in the last year or two and am getting ready to start another one next month. It's in QC also and will be 40x50 with 16' ceilings.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM

I'm in Queen Creek in Ash Creek Estates. Are you a contractor???

Old 07-21-2016, 11:14 PM

3,087 posts, read 2,103,649 times
Could you install a metal building? like this ? https://www.absoluterv.com/ No problems with termites when you don't have any wood involved last long time.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Could you install a metal building? like this ? https://www.absoluterv.com/ No problems with termites when you don't have any wood involved last long time.
Highly doubt my hoa would approve something like that

Old 07-22-2016, 03:37 PM

198 posts, read 258,566 times
Ash creek? Fulton home or one of the ones built before they bought the land? South side of Ocotillo
Yes, I'm a contractor and live a few miles from you

Old 07-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandduner View Post
Ash creek? Fulton home or one of the ones built before they bought the land? South side of Ocotillo
Yes, I'm a contractor and live a few miles from you
We are in one of the custom homes before Fulton came in. Any chance you could drop by sometime and give me a bid?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandduner View Post
What city are you in?
I've done several in queen creek in the last year or two and am getting ready to start another one next month. It's in QC also and will be 40x50 with 16' ceilings.

I am a first time poster and intrigued by this topic. I am seeking the same information - estimated cost to build a 20x50 RV garage in the queen creek area. I am looking to buy a home in the area (Gilbert or Queen Creek) and will likely need to build an RV garage. The size would probably be about 20x50, with style to match whatever home we might purchase (guessing stucco). I will probably need a 30A line run to the building, guessing 100', but I can do the rest of the electrical. Doesn't need to be finished on the inside, but I would like a wall down the middle to bisect the garage lengthwise. Would need two garage doors, one standard height, the other probably 14'.

If you could provide an estimate of cost for planning purposes, that would be great...no need for a bid...just trying to get a ballpark cost...or get me your contact info.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr50 View Post
I am a first time poster and intrigued by this topic. I am seeking the same information - estimated cost to build a 20x50 RV garage in the queen creek area. I am looking to buy a home in the area (Gilbert or Queen Creek) and will likely need to build an RV garage. The size would probably be about 20x50, with style to match whatever home we might purchase (guessing stucco). I will probably need a 30A line run to the building, guessing 100', but I can do the rest of the electrical. Doesn't need to be finished on the inside, but I would like a wall down the middle to bisect the garage lengthwise. Would need two garage doors, one standard height, the other probably 14'.

If you could provide an estimate of cost for planning purposes, that would be great...no need for a bid...just trying to get a ballpark cost...or get me your contact info.
Hell, I would even pay for a bid, but Sanduner never pm'd me back. If you do find someone to give you a bid/estimate, let me know. From the research I've done though, it seems 40.00 to 50.00 per sqft is the ballpark...

Old 09-05-2016, 08:31 PM

90 posts, read 122,098 times
We built a home in Lake Havasu with a 70x14x13 RV garage. It was about $1k per linear foot finished. Beyond that, I added 2 duct-less a/c units which was an additional expense. I would imagine the cost would be nearly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or