Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 05:27 PM

249 posts, read 188,698 times

Advertisements

3 cheers for Phoenix!
I don’t know what the Esplanade deal was all about but Trump has a lot of support because he’s not afraid to speak his mind and tell it like it is. He’s the only candidate that has the balls to get tough on real problems facing our national security-illegal immigration and radical islamic terrorism.
Maybe another reason for Trump’s huge following in Phoenix is he’s not a religious kook like some republicans are. I heard Phoenix has a pretty big non-religious population so more people here can relate to someone like him and still be conservative on other things.
Trump’s supporters are not hypocrites, they’re genuine people who are sick and tired of the status-quo, political correctness run amok, and all the crap from establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:32 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
And there are a lot of us that got enough of the Clintons in the 90's.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:08 PM

15 posts, read 13,044 times
I'm voting Trump.
I didn't vote for him in the primaries though.
I voted for Obama, used to consider my self a liberal.

I don't want riots, I don't want the US to turn into a third world country, and am sick of political correctness , seems to be getting people killed in Europe.
America has major issues, but I'm sick of the party I supported telling me I'm racist, my children are, and , if you want tolerance , you can't turn around and be in tolerant and put others in the same catagory.

Just had a major blow out with an abusive parent I tried to help yet again, got off the phone with my only brother who is in jail to tell him about it. As kids we never had a chance .
My parents didn't want to be parents and we both have paid for it.
If my dad stuck around and if my mom didn't use meth, my bro maybe would of stayed in school instead of learning how to steal.
But hey that white priviledged life style right?

I'm voting Trump when one would think I'm voting Hillary or Jill Stein.

This country needs some self pride back.

Sorry to vent, maybe I should start a thread on SJW who come from rich parents?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:21 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,175,870 times
I'm thankful that Mr. Trump makes many races in Maricopa County competitive. Hopefully competitive enough to oust Sheriff Joe. Good riddance.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:06 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR View Post
Actually the latest Reuters poll shows HRC’s lead has shrunk to less than 3 points. This poll concluded August 4th which includes the days following the candidate’s trouble with truth telling on a national news program last Sunday morning.

Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters
fyi: Reuters was the most accurate of all polls just prior to the 2012 presidential election.
The last paragraph of this very article says that the polls are showing Clinton with a 6.8 percentage point lead over Trump as of yesterday, so...

Old 08-07-2016, 06:27 AM

604 posts, read 933,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
The last paragraph of this very article says that the polls are showing Clinton with a 6.8 percentage point lead over Trump as of yesterday, so...

It will be interesting to see what the averages show in another week or so. 9 of the 10 polls used in the RCP average, referred to in the referenced last paragraph, were taken or started before the candidate’s appearance on Fox News Sunday where she claimed the FBI director stated all her email statements had been truthful despite tapes showing him saying the exact opposite.

A much clearer and more accurate picture of the race status should come later this or next week.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:45 AM

784 posts, read 922,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Here is a very animated Trump fan at that last rally here in Phoenix.
There are nut cases on both sides of the aisle.....on the Hillary side you have BLM people who Hillary supports chatting "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" and "what do we want, dead cops, when do we want it, now".

Additionally you see many mexican flags being flown at protests by those that support her.

So are you sure you want to go there?

Old 08-07-2016, 08:09 AM

784 posts, read 922,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No, I don't think so.

Trump is down by double digit points in all the polls. I predicted a long time ago that he was going to lose in a landslide and people disputed that. He just doesn't have the numbers. You can't alienate minorities and women and expect to win. After he loses, the Trump birther-like devotees will scream conspiracy to rationalize his loss. And then when the smoke clears, Republicans will re-evaluate their campaign strategy and realize that racism is not going to win elections and alienating nearly 40% of the population is not wise strategy.

What will also happen is Republicans will start pointing the fingers at each other and will say the only reason they lost is because they nominated Trump and that he was an anomaly and should have never been the nominee. They will argue that if Paul Ryan or another candidate had been the nominee, they would have won. Watch, it's coming.

I think the real reason Trump is popular is he is considered genuine. I think the reason he was even ahead in the polls is they don't see Hillary as being authentic and Americans are tired of typical politicians. But I think his latest slam on the Muslim parents of the fallen U.S. soldier sorta crossed the line and a lot of Trump supporters fell off the wagon after that. Even those who don't like Muslims or Islam recognize a fallen U.S. soldier is a fallen U.S. soldier who died in service to his country and you can't go there.
Polls at this point are meaningless....much less national registered voter polls.

Arizona is not in play for the dems and Sheriff Joe is safe....I recently spent 4 days with him.

This will all be decided by the debates and in only 4 or 5 battleground states.

If Trump wins Pennsylvania its over, Hillary can't win without it and but there is another path for Trump without Pennsylvania.

Trump can't win without Ohio and Florida...those are must wins for him.

I predict that the much coordinated attacks on Trump by the media and Hillary campaign are going to back fire as most people are going to see them for what they really are.....ala the Kahn scheme....this guy got rich off of issuing E-2 and EB-5 programs that let overseas investors buy into U.S. companies and also provides green cards for family members usually costing around $500,000...so he saw Trumps temporary muslim ban as a threat to his riches.

The biggest issue is that a huge majority of people know that Hillary can't tell the truth on just about every issue and in politics once you lose a voter on trust you never get them back.....the undecided almost always shifts to the change or newcomer when alone in the booth.

Another big issue Hillary has is that the economy is the number one issue and Trump is ahead of her on that.....for obvious reasons....nobody trusts anything coming out of her mouth and she has promised to continue the last 8 years of our economic disaster......8 years of no 3% growth....first president never to have at least one year of 3% growth.....so no the economy has not recovered.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump supporters in metro Phoenix-me-sheriff-joe.jpg  

Old 08-07-2016, 08:32 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Polls at this point are meaningless....much less national registered voter polls.

Arizona is not in play for the dems and Sheriff Joe is safe....I recently spent 4 days with him.

This will all be decided by the debates and in only 4 or 5 battleground states.

If Trump wins Pennsylvania its over, Hillary can't win without it and but there is another path for Trump without Pennsylvania.

Trump can't win without Ohio and Florida...those are must wins for him.

I predict that the much coordinated attacks on Trump by the media and Hillary campaign are going to back fire as most people are going to see them for what they really are.....ala the Kahn scheme....this guy got rich off of issuing E-2 and EB-5 programs that let overseas investors buy into U.S. companies and also provides green cards for family members usually costing around $500,000...so he saw Trumps temporary muslim ban as a threat to his riches.

The biggest issue is that a huge majority of people know that Hillary can't tell the truth on just about every issue and in politics once you lose a voter on trust you never get them back.....the undecided almost always shifts to the change or newcomer when alone in the booth.

Another big issue Hillary has is that the economy is the number one issue and Trump is ahead of her on that.....for obvious reasons....nobody trusts anything coming out of her mouth and she has promised to continue the last 8 years of our economic disaster......8 years of no 3% growth....first president never to have at least one year of 3% growth.....so no the economy has not recovered.
It's hilarious how you would consider economic growth under 3% to be a disaster !

Nevermind that disasterous record stock market & 4.9% Unemployment rate !

Old 08-07-2016, 09:10 AM

604 posts, read 933,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
It's hilarious how you would consider economic growth under 3% to be a ydisaster !

Nevermind that disasterous record stock market & 4.9% Unemployment rate !
I cannot speak for the poster who is being referenced above (i.s. “growth rate below 3% is disastrous”) but I suspect he/she is referring to historical data on growth which shows the past 7 years reflect a very, very underperforming u.s. economy. Not since the disastrous (I use the word purposely) economic policies of FDR have we seen such failure.*

Regarding the unemployment rate of 4.9%: most of that decrease in this rate (U-3) is the result of workers simply giving up. Most of those giving up are still of labor eligible age not simply boomers retiring as is usually argued by those wearing the rose colored glasses. Using US Labor Department numbers which include those short-term discouraged workers and underemployed (the U-6 Measurement) we see the real number is closer to 11% Unemployment. Going further, by counting those who are long-term discouraged workers and adding those to the currently active, seeking-work and not working or under employed we get an unemployment figure of about 23% (this is sometimes referred to as the Shadow Government Statistic).

In reference to the current averages for the Dow Industrial, Nasdaq and S&P 500 markets they are in fact reaching all-time highs. As a free-market advocate I am happy to see such success in the corporate world thus, those who have risked investing their hard earned cash are seeing some reward. However, I suggest those living on Main Street for the most part do not share the enthusiasm felt on Wall Street.

*Cole, Harold L., and Ohanian Lee E. "New Deal Policies and the Persistence of the Great Depression: A General Equilibrium Analysis." Journal of Political Economy 112.4 (2004) UCLA

Last edited by GeneR; 08-07-2016 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area