Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:19 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times

Advertisements

In and Out is completely overrated. Who wants soggy french fries. And their burgers are good except they taste nearly identical to Whataburger or Sonic. The reason this place is popular is simple. It's nothing but southern California nostalgia. Yes, it's good but is it worth their wait, absolutely not. I grew up in So Cal and when it arrived in the Valley, all the Californians hyped it up. I remember when the first one arrived in Chandler and the wait was over an hour. What a joke!

I feel like there are enough quality burger fast food places that it surprises me that In and Out is still hyped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Never had soggy fries at any In N Out... The burgers surpass a lot of others.. BUT if you only eat at the other mainstream fast food burger joints you wouldn't know what a good burger is....

Tommy's is so so in my opinion.... I really like the Habit, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Johnny Rockets...

White castle is great for me.... 5 Guys sux bad.... And is very expensive....

Whataburger is good but NOT what it use to be....

Old 08-10-2016, 02:08 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I hope this is true. A few years ago I sent them an e-mail asking if they had any plans to expand to central Phoenix or downtown. Someone actually responded, a mere 45 minutes after it was sent, and stated In-N-Out was always on the look out for property and wanted to know if I had any ideas. Classy folks. They really care about their customers.
It's on their website as a "Coming Soon" location, so it's true. In-N-Out is known for being tight lipped on future locations until they're definitely in the works.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:16 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Never had soggy fries at any In N Out... The burgers surpass a lot of others.. BUT if you only eat at the other mainstream fast food burger joints you wouldn't know what a good burger is....

Tommy's is so so in my opinion.... I really like the Habit, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Johnny Rockets...

White castle is great for me.... 5 Guys sux bad.... And is very expensive....

Whataburger is good but NOT what it use to be....
I've been to all those places. The point is there are so many upscale burger clones that it surprises me that zeal for In and Out Burger still exists. I mean I can understand that 17 years ago when it first moved here but not now.

Funny, I've never had crisp fries from In and Out. The fries are always soggy at In and Out because they are the homestyle fries, they don't stay crisp. They don't have much flavor either. McDonalds fries are much better even if that isn't p.c. to say that in this day and age when everyone bashes the big corporate chains like McDonalds.

I'll tell you a place that has surprisingly good burgers and are very underrated: Zipps, the sports bar. Good Burgers.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:48 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've been to all those places. The point is there are so many upscale burger clones that it surprises me that zeal for In and Out Burger still exists. I mean I can understand that 17 years ago when it first moved here but not now.

Funny, I've never had crisp fries from In and Out. The fries are always soggy at In and Out because they are the homestyle fries, they don't stay crisp. They don't have much flavor either. McDonalds fries are much better even if that isn't p.c. to say that in this day and age when everyone bashes the big corporate chains like McDonalds.

I'll tell you a place that has surprisingly good burgers and are very underrated: Zipps, the sports bar. Good Burgers.
McDonalds fries are machine processed garbage, while In-N-Out's are fresh cut right in front of your eyes. And I've never had soggy fries at In-N-Out either. The trick is to eat there rather than get it to go, and that goes for ANY burger place, not just In-N-Out. Being in the bag where the steam can condense is what gives you soggy fries

Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Quote:

Zipps? I think maybe you're confused and thought you were at Zipps and were actually somewhere else, because Zipps is a low level burger that would hardly compare to cheap fast food burgers. Cold Beer & Cheeseburgers and Blue 32 are examples of good sports bar burgers.

At in-n-out you have to order fries well done if you want them crispy, you should know this being from so cal. having said that I don't eat fries from anywhere, if I'm gonna splurge on calories it'll just be the burger

Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,148 times
Quote:
In and Out is completely overrated. Who wants soggy french fries. And their burgers are good except they taste nearly identical to Whataburger or Sonic. The reason this place is popular is simple. It's nothing but southern California nostalgia. Yes, it's good but is it worth their wait, absolutely not. I grew up in So Cal and when it arrived in the Valley, all the Californians hyped it up. I remember when the first one arrived in Chandler and the wait was over an hour. What a joke!

I feel like there are enough quality burger fast food places that it surprises me that In and Out is still hyped.
It's consistancy and value. I know exactly what to expect from In and Out whereas other fast food depends on the time, staff etc...

Plus I am always willing to go out of my way for a place that provides great service.

Also, like Chik-Fil-A it has the "religious aspect" that drives people there.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:24 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Habit Burger is a better drive thru burger IMO and they have one in central phoenix (also Tempe and Chandler as far as I know and I saw one under construction in Gilbert). Now if we could only land Tommy's Burgers...
If you're talking about the Habit Burger at 7th Ave/McDowell, there is no drive-thru. Pretty good burgers, though.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
If you're talking about the Habit Burger at 7th Ave/McDowell, there is no drive-thru. Pretty good burgers, though.
Really good burgers for fast food. The one under construction in Gilbert definitely does and I thought the one in Chandler did too so I assume they all did. My bad.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
It's consistancy and value. I know exactly what to expect from In and Out whereas other fast food depends on the time, staff etc...

Plus I am always willing to go out of my way for a place that provides great service.

Also, like Chik-Fil-A it has the "religious aspect" that drives people there.
If anything the religious aspect would drive me away, but I like the food so I don't get involved in the religions or politics of the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area