Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 12:04 PM

2,276 posts, read 3,077,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJD View Post
Heres the nasty truth about real estate in Phoenix right now. The truth that Realtors are afraid to admit bc it affects their livelihood.

For middle class homes, it takes no special realtor talent to sell. Open houses are a waste of time.
Open houses are not used to get buyers, they are used by realtors to obtain leads for future clients.

Marketing in magazines, flyers, etc are also a waste of time and money.

99% of buyers who are qualified are already working with a realtor and are looking on MLS.

You seem to be looking for a realtor who would be searching out the 1% of buyers out there. Not worth it.

If your house is on MLS and has GOOD pictures and a FAIR likely appraised value list price, that's really all you need. And do not pay the full 6% commission. 4-5% is fine, with 1-2% going to the listing agent.

If your house is not selling, it's due to price and/or condition of your home not being high demand. It has nothing to do with your realtor not selling it.

(PS...and I have a real estate license and do quite well. This is just the reality of real estate right now for middle class homes in Phoenix)

So much this. The only thing I'd add is if it's not selling it could also be due to location, but then hopefully that again would be factored into the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 11:57 PM

720 posts, read 734,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hays0023 View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope that this isn't inappropriate to post here and if so, can the mods please move to the correct forum.

I am trying to sell my home in Central Phoenix, and the realtor that I am working with is completely useless. They were great to find a property to buy but they cannot sell to save their lives.

I am looking for a GREAT realtor who primarily works in Central Phoenix and has a great track record selling properties.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me the details.
Why don't you have a heart to heart with your realtor and tell him/her that you are not satisfied with how they are handling the sale and tell them you want the top listing agent on it - you employed the broker so you can theoretically have this discussion with the broker if you don't feel comfortable discussing with your realtor. You should've received feedback from broker opens, broker tours, and showings to know why it's not moving - you should also have good communication with your realtor to get weekly stat updates of any activity via internet, calls, showings, etc. - I would say try to make it work... best of luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: