Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 PM

96 posts, read 616,445 times

Advertisements

For anyone who has lived in both or spent a lot of time in both, which has worse summers Phoenix or Dallas and what makes the one you pick worse than the other? I know it can be a matter of preference and that both are a lot worse than average but between those two which do you think is worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 AM

113 posts, read 277,390 times
Both cities have terrible Summers. In Dallas, it is hot and humid, you walk outside for 10 minutes and you are soaked in sweat. In Phoenix, it is hot and dry, so you walk outside for 10 minutes and you feel dehydrated, dizzy, almost ready to pass out. I would go with Dallas

Old 02-24-2008, 03:46 AM

683 posts, read 2,650,441 times
A couple years ago we went to Six Flags for a couple days when we were in Dallas. Temperatures were in the 90's and the humidity was high. We were able to cool off when we finally got back to Tucson.

But we still had a good time while we were there, the lines were short and I was able to ride the Titan roller coaster over and over. I would get off the ride and just go around to the entrance and get right on again. One thing I remember though, we went on a water ride, log flume or something, I got wet and because of the humidity I never did get dry for the rest of the day.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMover08 View Post
For anyone who has lived in both or spent a lot of time in both, which has worse summers Phoenix or Dallas and what makes the one you pick worse than the other? I know it can be a matter of preference and that both are a lot worse than average but between those two which do you think is worse?
I live in Phoenix and I've been to Dallas in the summer, and honestly, I think that 95 temp 70 dew point feels worse than 105 temp 50 dew point

Old 04-14-2016, 04:36 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I live in Phoenix and I've been to Dallas in the summer, and honestly, I think that 95 temp 70 dew point feels worse than 105 temp 50 dew point
This was posted over 8 years ago, and apparently the OP disappeared from this site a few months after posting this. For what it's worth, both cities have hot summers and both are miserable in their own way. These threads are getting ridiculous: it's like comparing Boston's wet, frigid winters to Seoul's dry, frigid winters. Either way you need to dress appropriately and prepare for some discomfort.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:04 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:

It helps to pay attention to the dates on threads. Again, this thread is eight years old. The OP is LONG gone- hasn't even visited the forum since 9/08.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:49 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
1. It's still a good question for many of us thinking of moving to Phoenix.
2. We are encouraged not to start duplicate threads.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:22 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But there really is no answer. The only thing that can be said with certainty is that a Phoenix winter is infinitely better than a Dallas winter. So if summers are equally miserable for different reasons, Phoenix is preferable when looked at on an annual basis.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:34 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
But there really is no answer. The only thing that can be said with certainty is that a Phoenix winter is infinitely better than a Dallas winter. So if summers are equally miserable for different reasons, Phoenix is preferable when looked at on an annual basis.
Agree, and Phoenix dry heat is great for arthritis sufferers.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:58 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Check the post date if youre going to search for threads. Welcome to the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
This was posted over 8 years ago, and apparently the OP disappeared from this site a few months after posting this. For what it's worth, both cities have hot summers and both are miserable in their own way. These threads are getting ridiculous: it's like comparing Boston's wet, frigid winters to Seoul's dry, frigid winters. Either way you need to dress appropriately and prepare for some discomfort.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It helps to pay attention to the dates on threads. Again, this thread is eight years old. The OP is LONG gone- hasn't even visited the forum since 9/08.
+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
no its not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
yes there is.
Dallas you sweat. Phoenix you burn.

/thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area