Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 AM

191 posts, read 342,244 times

Advertisements

For those complaining about the Snowbirds in the valley, you create the same problems for us up north on weekends ALL SUMMER LONG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:22 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,128,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer99 View Post
For those complaining about the Snowbirds in the valley, you create the same problems for us up north on weekends ALL SUMMER LONG!
And your complaining is just as annoying as everyone else's. Your northern tourist traps likely rely on those summer dollars.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:40 PM

9,682 posts, read 11,073,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Theres this amazing new invention called a "calendar". On this.. "calendar", there are twelve different "months".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Month

Each month has between 28 to 31... "DAYS"... and seven of these.. "DAYS" makes up a week. If you are still following along here; "DAYS" are made up of 24 ... "hours"..

During the ... "week", different things usually happen on different days; and during these.. "days".. people do different things at different "hours" of the day.
Were you trying to answer someone post? Because I'm not following.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,928,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer99 View Post
Awwwwww.

I want you to imagine not just a small amount of people, but rather us bringing the entire population of Mesa up there from May until November. And mostly old folks. You complaining about a thousand or so people for just 2 days at a time here or there simply doesn't compare to what the Valley sees for 6 straight months.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 AM

586 posts, read 537,920 times
You do realize that as a percentage of population it's really similar right???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Awwwwww.

I want you to imagine not just a small amount of people, but rather us bringing the entire population of Mesa up there from May until November. And mostly old folks. You complaining about a thousand or so people for just 2 days at a time here or there simply doesn't compare to what the Valley sees for 6 straight months.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:05 AM

9,682 posts, read 11,073,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Awwwwww.

You have to take it in stride. I live in Northern MN where tourists flock our lakes. Instead of being old, they are young and immature. They drink too much and throw-up in parking lots, drive their jet skis and speed boats like idiots, and refuse to discipline their snot-nose kids who run around the restaurants without any supervision. Too many lousy, non-spanking young parents let their kids rule the roost. Their brats. Give me a slow, old fart any day or the week.

But here the deal: I don't own the lake. I don't own the restaurant either. When I have to wait in line to get gas or get seated at a restaurant, I need to suck it up because t really doesn't matter what I think or hope for. My solution is to dodge tourism is to move to Bismark ND (yours too). I can b_tch all I want (and you too) but it doesn't matter. So I live and let live and don't let it consume me. So as I have said before, slide your arse over NOW and make room for me! You have no option. I'm coming back next year and the year after, and the year after that.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:32 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,297,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You have to take it in stride. I live in Northern MN where tourists flock our lakes. Instead of being old, they are young and immature. They drink too much and throw-up in parking lots, drive their jet skis and speed boats like idiots, and refuse to discipline their snot-nose kids who run around the restaurants without any supervision. Too many lousy, non-spanking young parents let their kids rule the roost. Their brats. Give me a slow, old fart any day or the week.

But here the deal: I don't own the lake. I don't own the restaurant either. When I have to wait in line to get gas or get seated at a restaurant, I need to suck it up because t really doesn't matter what I think or hope for. My solution is to dodge tourism is to move to Bismark ND (yours too). I can b_tch all I want (and you too) but it doesn't matter. So I live and let live and don't let it consume me. So as I have said before, slide your arse over NOW and make room for me! You have no option. I'm coming back next year and the year after, and the year after that.
Note: I currently live in eastern TX, but I did previously live in Tucson AZ, and we had snowbird issues, so I feel qualified to talk about this if that's OK.

Why should anyone have to take anything in stride? Why can't people who act like jerks or cause headaches be told that they do, and shouldn't the onus be on them to straighten up vs on everyone else around them to tolerate their nonsense? If you're hogging the left lane, MOVE. If you're holding up a line arguing about a 5 cents discreprenancy, pay the 5 cents and shut the efff up and MOVE. If a local lake is a peaceful lake and you show up with your jet skiis annoying people who customarily go there for peace and quiet, take those jet skiis and go elsewhere where they're welcome.

I do totally understand and agree with the idea that anyone can live anywhere they please and vacation anywhere they please, nothing annoys me more than when you move to or visit a place and merely make a SUGGESTION about anything only to be told "if you don't like it, leave," I think that's immature. HOWEVER, to repeatedly vacation to a given area over and over and to not respect that it is what it is (hint: DO NOT move to a desert and bit-- about the lack of grass, you're not in the midwest anymore!) and to cause traffic jams and long lines in ways that are avoidable, stop putting the onus on others to be "patient." Respect where you are and stop being a pain in the arse.

As I said, I previously lived in Tucson AZ and we dealt with it there too. And by the way, why are so many of the visitors from Illinois? I bet you 80% of the ones I saw were from Illinois. What about Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Connecticut, etc? Why so many from Illinois? I never got that. Anyway, yes when I was there, it was very annoying when the roads started becoming clogged, and frankly SO WHAT that "they contribute to the economy?" So what? That doesn't make it OK to drive 35 in a 45 and hold up people who are trying to GET SOMEWHERE.

And respect where you are. It's the DESERT, it's not supposed to have grass and pine trees and oak trees. See, that's the thing, I MOVED THERE from NC lived there year-around for 10 years, not one time did I gripe about the lack of greenery the way the winter visitors were bad about doing all of the time. What gives with that, moving to the DESERT but then complaining that it's mostly sand and cactii and only 12 inches of rain a year? How much sense does that make? IT'S THE DESERT so guess what IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE GRASS and trees and rain every other day like the midwest. If you like the grass, trees and frequent rain of the midwest, here's an idea--LIVE THERE. Stop moving to the desert and complaining that, duh, it's a desert. Hello?

Respect where you are. Yes we have the right of assembly, we have the right to move to and visit where we please, but when you are visiting an area, respect the people who live there. People hating tourists, that is totally understandable, NO MATTER the money they bring to the area. Many of the people I know would GLADLY do without the money--and really, no, the businesses wouldn't go bankrupt, please--in return for not dealing with people going 35 in a 45, holding up the check-out lines arguing over 5 cents, and griping about the lack of rain IN THE DESERT.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:36 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,435,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

Well said MN on all fronts.

Why people continue to complain endlessly on things they can't control is beyond me, especially on things like weather and snowbirds.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,915,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Well said MN on all fronts.

Why people continue to complain endlessly on things they can't control is beyond me, especially on things like weather and snowbirds.
Says the guy complaining about things he can't control

Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,244,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Note: I currently live in eastern TX, but I did previously live in Tucson AZ, and we had snowbird issues, so I feel qualified to talk about this if that's OK.

Why should anyone have to take anything in stride? Why can't people who act like jerks or cause headaches be told that they do, and shouldn't the onus be on them to straighten up vs on everyone else around them to tolerate their nonsense? If you're hogging the left lane, MOVE. If you're holding up a line arguing about a 5 cents discreprenancy, pay the 5 cents and shut the efff up and MOVE. If a local lake is a peaceful lake and you show up with your jet skiis annoying people who customarily go there for peace and quiet, take those jet skiis and go elsewhere where they're welcome.

I do totally understand and agree with the idea that anyone can live anywhere they please and vacation anywhere they please, nothing annoys me more than when you move to or visit a place and merely make a SUGGESTION about anything only to be told "if you don't like it, leave," I think that's immature. HOWEVER, to repeatedly vacation to a given area over and over and to not respect that it is what it is (hint: DO NOT move to a desert and bit-- about the lack of grass, you're not in the midwest anymore!) and to cause traffic jams and long lines in ways that are avoidable, stop putting the onus on others to be "patient." Respect where you are and stop being a pain in the arse.

As I said, I previously lived in Tucson AZ and we dealt with it there too. And by the way, why are so many of the visitors from Illinois? I bet you 80% of the ones I saw were from Illinois. What about Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Connecticut, etc? Why so many from Illinois? I never got that. Anyway, yes when I was there, it was very annoying when the roads started becoming clogged, and frankly SO WHAT that "they contribute to the economy?" So what? That doesn't make it OK to drive 35 in a 45 and hold up people who are trying to GET SOMEWHERE.

And respect where you are. It's the DESERT, it's not supposed to have grass and pine trees and oak trees. See, that's the thing, I MOVED THERE from NC lived there year-around for 10 years, not one time did I gripe about the lack of greenery the way the winter visitors were bad about doing all of the time. What gives with that, moving to the DESERT but then complaining that it's mostly sand and cactii and only 12 inches of rain a year? How much sense does that make? IT'S THE DESERT so guess what IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE GRASS and trees and rain every other day like the midwest. If you like the grass, trees and frequent rain of the midwest, here's an idea--LIVE THERE. Stop moving to the desert and complaining that, duh, it's a desert. Hello?

Respect where you are. Yes we have the right of assembly, we have the right to move to and visit where we please, but when you are visiting an area, respect the people who live there. People hating tourists, that is totally understandable, NO MATTER the money they bring to the area. Many of the people I know would GLADLY do without the money--and really, no, the businesses wouldn't go bankrupt, please--in return for not dealing with people going 35 in a 45, holding up the check-out lines arguing over 5 cents, and griping about the lack of rain IN THE DESERT.
Why, oh WHY can't I like this post twice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area