Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 08:38 PM

14,176 posts, read 22,639,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The problem with your analogy is that the left usually doesn't try to take away abortion or support discrimination or try to shove Christianity down people's throats like the right does
No, the left is busy trying to shove Islam down people's throats these days. And you're lying if you proclaim that the left doesn't support discrimination.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:39 PM

6,402 posts, read 8,942,905 times
Who cares? It's their grades and school attendance records. Let them deal with the consequences.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:43 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,649,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
American history says otherwise. Between 1929 and 1936 an estimated 2 million people were "repatriated" to Mexico from California, Colorado and Texas by the Immigration and Naturalization Services. About 60% of them (roughly 1.2 million) were U.S. citizens.
Amen.

I am amazed at how many people are ignorant about this part of our country's history.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:49 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,182,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How many of those protestors voted? I'm not referring to those who are less than 18 but in general. There is simply no excuse for voter apathy. People are too lazy to vote but want to complain because they don't like result of the election.

This reflects our society's values. The concept of personal responsibility has vanished. People don't want to hold themselves accountable for failing to vote but wish to protest because their candidate didn't win. They have no right to complain.
Exactly the point I made in my earlier post but you said it more eloquently. Well said.

The election was the time to protest. Not voting and then protesting because you don't like the outcome decided by those that participated is sickening. Then to get violent, destroy others property, make threats against others is criminal.

Edited to add: azriverfan...we don't agree often but I couldn't agree more with your post. I tried to rep you but it says I need to spread it around before giving it to you again. I guess we agree more than I thought.

Last edited by LBTRS; 11-11-2016 at 10:06 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
The problem with your analogy is that the left usually doesn't try to take away abortion or support discrimination or try to shove Christianity down people's throats like the right does
Typical, throw out some nonsense, yell loud enough and the uniformed masses take it as fact and start repeating it. I'll give you a couple quick examples to illustrate how untruthful you're being.

Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms but the left attempts to "take away" that right every day. The left attempts to shove illegal immigration down our throats. The list of our differences goes on and on. I acknowledge our differences and respect your point of view, you ignore them and try and shout down those that don't share your beliefs.

Each side has different beliefs...I want you to have your values, belief and express them. However, the left does not operate the same way as can be seen in the streets of our nation tonight, in our high schools, in the media, etc.

The election is over, the country spoke and elected Trump as the next President. The nonsense going on now is disgraceful of the left and the leaders on both sides should be out in front and putting an end to the violence, threats, and criminal behavior that is taking place.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,493,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Typical, throw out some nonsense, yell loud enough and the uniformed masses take it as fact and start repeating it. I'll give you a couple quick examples to illustrate how untruthful you're being.

Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms but the left attempts to "take away" that right every day. The left attempts to shove illegal immigration down our throats. The list of our differences goes on and on. I acknowledge our differences and respect your point of view, you ignore them and try and shout down those that don't share your beliefs.

Each side has different beliefs...I want you to have your values, belief and express them. However, the left does not operate the same way as can be seen in the streets of our nation tonight, in our high schools, in the media, etc.

The election is over, the country spoke and elected Trump as the next President. The nonsense going on now is disgraceful of the left and the leaders on both sides should be out in front and putting an end to the violence, threats, and criminal behavior that is taking place.
My point was the "guvmint hating conservatives" want government to take rights away from people, hence continued prohibition of marijuana and other drugs, Prop 8 in California (now null in void thankfully), and trying to get Roe v Wade overturned so that all of the Red States can just ban abortion outright

Old 11-11-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
My point was the "guvmint hating conservatives" want government to take rights away from people, hence continued prohibition of marijuana and other drugs, Prop 8 in California (now null in void thankfully), and trying to get Roe v Wade overturned so that all of the Red States can just ban abortion outright
The truth...there is no "right" to marijuana and other drugs, there is no stated constitutional right to same sex marriage (the supreme court interpreted it as such in a 5-4 decision), abortion isn't a stated right in the constitution and Roe v Wade put it under the right of privacy.

So you are against those who feel these issues are NOT rights provided by the constitution and feel the supreme court made a mistake in the interpretation of the constitution in their decisions, however, the one stated right in the constitution which allows us to keep and bear arms you feel is questionable and needs to be litigated/legislated???

I'm not saying I'm against the legalization of MJ, same sex marriage or even abortion in certain circumstances. I just want you to be honest with yourself and the uninformed masses.

Last edited by LBTRS; 11-11-2016 at 11:30 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 11:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,493,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
The truth...there is no "right" to marijuana and other drugs, there is no stated constitutional right to same sex marriage (the supreme court interpreted it as such in a 5-4 decision), abortion isn't a stated right in the constitution and Roe v Wade put it under the right of privacy.

So you are against those who feel these issues are NOT rights provided by the constitution and feel the supreme court made a mistake in the interpretation of the constitution in their decisions, however, the one stated right in the constitution which allows us to keep and bear arms you feel is questionable and needs to be litigated???

I'm not saying I'm against the legalization of MJ, same sex marriage or even abortion in certain circumstances. I just want you to be honest with yourself and the uninformed masses.
I'm against gun ownership because guns are plain and simple anti-personnel devices, no one needs an AR-15 or Mac10 to go duck hunting

Old 11-11-2016, 11:12 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,216,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Who cares? It's their grades and school attendance records. Let them deal with the consequences.
Oh they will probably be coddled and told its ok. and then given a free pass and allowed to make it up and not get a bad grade over it.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,216,146 times
Quote:
I'm against gun ownership because guns are plain and simple anti-personnel devices, no one needs an AR-15 or Mac10 to go duck hunting

Have you even ever fired more then a cap gun in your life? I can tell you know zero about guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area