Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 02:21 PM

586 posts, read 541,507 times

Advertisements

Here is season ticket holders breakdown for the Coyotes:

Coyotes’ season-ticket buyer breakdown

Premium 1 glass seats: east side 87%; west side 13%

Premium 2 BMX Lounge: east 67%; west 33%

Premium 3 (suites): east 78%; west 22%

Premium loge: east 60%; west 40%

Regular lower-level tickets: east 62%; west 38%

Regular upper-level: east 53%, west 47%

As you can see people from both sides of the Valley buy tickets, you might add if the stadium was on Eastside but might also have to make up for Westside folks who choose not to drive to games as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Your posts are as if the fanbase in Chandler and Gilbert don't exist. They are just as important and almost as numerous as the fanbase in Scottsdale, and if tribal land is chosen it should be by the new Phoenix Rising FC stadium, not up by Talking Stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 02:50 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
Here is season ticket holders breakdown for the Coyotes:

Coyotes’ season-ticket buyer breakdown

Premium 1 glass seats: east side 87%; west side 13%

Premium 2 BMX Lounge: east 67%; west 33%

Premium 3 (suites): east 78%; west 22%

Premium loge: east 60%; west 40%

Regular lower-level tickets: east 62%; west 38%

Regular upper-level: east 53%, west 47%

As you can see people from both sides of the Valley buy tickets, you might add if the stadium was on Eastside but might also have to make up for Westside folks who choose not to drive to games as well.
This shows that the vast majority of the more expensive seats are purchased by the people from the East side. This is probably more a reflection of the East side being more affluent which it always has been. You are actually proving that the arena should be on the East side.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:23 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
This shows that the vast majority of the more expensive seats are purchased by the people from the East side. This is probably more a reflection of the East side being more affluent which it always has been. You are actually proving that the arena should be on the East side.
True, but I highly doubt a huge majority of these East side tickets are exclusively from Scottsdale residents. Chandler and Gilbert definitely have a sizeable fanbase as well, since both of those cities are mostly higher-income, just not to the degree of Scottsdale.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:33 PM

586 posts, read 541,507 times
I don't think I've argued anything different? But can they finish filling the arena and also attracting people to buy the current seats being bought by Westside folks? Would it not make sense for the arena to be more central and attract all sides of the Valley?

Edit: and while the more expensive seats are more Eastside they are a much smaller percentage of overall seats. It's the regular lower and upper level seats that make up most of the arena and almost half of those are Westside folks.
Quote:

Last edited by Bates419; 03-26-2017 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-26-2017, 06:13 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Arena sharing is very common in many cities so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the Coyotes. I am not saying it is the best solution but it works quite well for many NHL and NBA teams. The Staples Center in Los Angeles is shared by 3 teams, the Lakers, the Clippers, and the Kings. None of those teams are losing money.
I posted this further back in the thread (post #121) regarding the Staples Center:

The Staples Center was built for both hockey and basketball in mind, so that works just fine, but like I mentioned further up the thread, some owners like playing nice with others, while others do not in regards to sharing arenas. Obviously Jeanie Buss (Lakers owner) and Philip Anschutz (Kings owner, minority owner in the Lakers, and owner of the Staples Center) get along quite well.

Steve Ballmer (Clippers owner), has made it very public that he hates being the third wheel in the Staples Center and is actively thinking/planning where he wants his new arena to be constructed for the Clippers, right now the latest rumor is near the new NFL stadium in Inglewood.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:57 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times
Arizona?s Terrible Hockey Team Wants a Third Taxpayer Funded Stadium Since 1996 - Hit & Run : Reason.com

"Lady Gaga isn't going to play both Phoenix and Glendale," is how Matheson puts it."

"The Coyotes are unlikely to leave for greener pastures, though, because NHL executives care much more about having a team in the Phoenix area than anyone in the Phoenix area cares about having a hockey team."

Old 06-12-2017, 03:43 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Coyotes' ownership change could clear way to downtown Phoenix arena | 12NEWS.com

I personally have no interest in hockey but a combined downtown arena makes the most sense.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:48 PM

189 posts, read 230,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Coyotes' ownership change could clear way to downtown Phoenix arena | 12NEWS.com

I personally have no interest in hockey but a combined downtown arena makes the most sense.
This news has been taking over AZ Sports Radio all day. I hope it happens and that there is some truth to the rumor about both NHL/NBA Commissioners being involved.

My wishlist:

1) new downtown shared arena (but what happens to TSRA?)
2) TSRA gets rehabbed and Suns/Yotes share arena until Suns gets their own arena

Old 06-12-2017, 04:13 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSunDevil83 View Post
1) new downtown shared arena (but what happens to TSRA?)
Make it a more intimate/smaller venue for concerts and shows. Renovate it into a "Marketplace" with shops and restaurants or apartments/condos. I'm not saying the possibilities are endless, but with such a prime location downtown, I'm sure some architect/developer can figure out a way to reuse the structure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area