Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:21 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The airport and the main post office.
Strip club, Tovrea Castle and kind of near Papago Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Wow, the Yelp reviews for cityscape are pretty rock solid actually, just 1 person complained about the noise and another person that got rejected for having a DUI. I don't think I've ever seen a complex rated that high before. Google Reviews are pretty solid too.

Compared to the Yelp Reviews of your Railway Plaza Apartments, which are pretty terrible, I'd much rather be at Cityscape. Seriously, did you read it? There's only 1 good review and 4 very bad ones, including a lot of talk about noise.
I agree, the CityScape reviews are generally quite good. I was shocked to read some of the Railway Plaza reviews about noise. Most were about kids running everywhere, and its a family-oriented community so that's no big deal to me. During our time there we never had a problem. And we were in the building closest to Rt. 59 and closest to the tracks on the south end of the complex. We were amazed at how quiet the place was. I never had an issue with neighbors or train noise. Ever.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:26 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Wow, the Yelp reviews for cityscape are pretty rock solid actually, just 1 person complained about the noise and another person that got rejected for having a DUI. I don't think I've ever seen a complex rated that high before. Google Reviews are pretty solid too.

Compared to the Yelp Reviews of your Railway Plaza Apartments, which are pretty terrible, I'd much rather be at Cityscape. Seriously, did you read it? There's only 1 good review and 4 very bad ones, including a lot of talk about noise.
Be careful relying totally on reviews. They're not always as reliable as one might believe.

Some people love to use "reviews" to trash places (or people) they just flat don't like -- for reasons other than for what reviews are actually intended. Read with a watchful eye and guarded mind and realize that while there certainly are responsible reviewers out there, you will also find those who basically intend to harm the place they're reviewing. Check these places out for yourself when possible, and make up your own mind.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:03 PM

837 posts, read 2,334,428 times
I was surprised too after reading through all the excellent reviews.
It could just be my floorplan, which is tucked into a corner that may be the result of an "echo chamber" effect. Since the units in this floor plan probably only make up a small percentage of the building, the overall experiences have been drastically different.
Looks like it's a $750 fee to change units as opposed to breaking the lease outright. I'm looking into it.

The noise is horrible with the balcony doors open, and somewhat tolerable with the doors closed. I like to sleep with the door open to catch the breeze and cut down on cooling costs at night, but I can already tell it will be an expensive summer if I stay.

Overall, the building, staff and crew have been wonderful. Things to take into consideration, is there are a LOT of hidden cots on top of the rent.
For instance, you are responsible for "common area" electricity use which is higher than my individual use! Parking is $100/mo which I knew, but when there are games or events with public parking, you constantly get folks parking in your spots. There is rental tax which is about $35/mo (understandably). Renters are required to carry rental insurance, with very specific converges (benefiting them) that comes with an added costs.
Al in all, there is about 100-$150 month in additional costs that I've not experienced as renter in the past.

I'm hoping the gluttony of central phoenix rental units that will be coming online in the future will have a drastic impact on prices and give us more options in the downtown area. All of these complexes cannot sustainably get away with charging $1500/mo for a one bedroom for the foreseeable future.

Oh, LOL @ Van Buren & 52nd street! Might be a good investment for a 20 year return when/if they ever are able to clean up Van Buren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area