Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:11 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,213,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Here are some POS homes Vanderbilt Farms, Goodyear, AZ Real Estate & Homes for Sale - realtor.com® . As you already know, it's not exactly slumming it.
I know right? If you live there you'd have to go all the way across the main access street to get to Fry's and then around the corner to get to all your other shops. The highway access is way too convenient as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 02:22 PM

126 posts, read 110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy04 View Post
We lived in Goodyear for 2 years and just moved to Litchfield Park last summer and I absolutely love it. We looked at probably 15 homes in Goodyear and Surprise before deciding on this one. I guess it has the best school district in the west valley, but I homeschool my kids so that's a non-issue.
The main reason why I love LP are locations. It is close to Goodyear/Avondale, 10 mins from Westgate, 20 from Arrowhead (mall and restaurants), and still only 25 mins from downtown Phoenix. Not to mention every grocery store you could want is within a 5 minute radius.
You will definitely find something within your price range. We got a 4 bedroom home with a pool for well within your budget.
We really liked Goodyear as well. But for me, the location wasn't as handy and I hated taking the 10 every time I wanted to go somewhere.
Also, this seems silly, but Goodyear (south of I 10 where we were) quite often smelled like cows in the evenings. It got to where I didn't want to sit outside or have dinner parties and that is honestly one reason we moved to AZ. Moved to LP, problem solved.
Let me know if you have any specific questions about the area!
Thank you so much! Did you means the schools in LP are th ebest schools in the valley or those in goodyear?

Old 02-14-2017, 03:14 PM

The schools in Litchfield Park are in the same district as Goodyear and parts of Avondale north of I-10

Here is a boundary
Boundaries LESD Schools

Here is the boundary for the main HS district. As you can see there are a lot of students south of I-10 zoned to Verrado. There is a new school that will be built in what is now zoned to Verrado, but east of the community. I'm sure that will impact boundaries as well

District Boundaries / Agua Fria HS Boundary

The boundaries for the Avondale ESD can be found here

Approved Boundaries - Avondale Elementary School District #44

Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 PM

13,222 posts, read 7,280,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
It's because you state your preference as a fact, while ignoring that there are many nice areas and some advantages south of the 10.

I've lived on both sides and there are definitely aspects I miss from being south.
How is a preference to an area of town a fact? Live where you want to live Ill live where I want the OP will choose where they want no one has to justify why they don't like an area of town.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM

By making a blanket statement to avoid one section of a city you presented your opinion as fact.

A preference would be "I prefer north of the 10 because....."

Instead you simply said "avoid south of the 10" as something that shouldn't be done or even considered, which is not only completely unhelpful it's a pretty ridiculous statement

Old 02-14-2017, 08:28 PM

194 posts, read 291,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg1724 View Post
Thank you so much! Did you means the schools in LP are th ebest schools in the valley or those in goodyear?
I meant Litchfield Park school district is the best (from what I've been told).
When we were in Goodyear we were in the Avondale school district which I've heard isn't great. But I did have several friends with kids who went there and they were fine.

When in Goodyear we were south of the 10 and I personally loved the wide open spaces. Estrella Mountain Ranch is beautiful as well, but it is quite the drive!

I also love Verrado but it's pricey! And most of the houses are very close to each other.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,150,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
How is a preference to an area of town a fact? Live where you want to live Ill live where I want the OP will choose where they want no one has to justify why they don't like an area of town.
As finger said, your "stay on the north side of 10 or Estrella" is misleading. You needed more description in order to add any value. For instance, I prefer to be closer to the majority of restaurants and stores that a town has to offer. Plus, all things being equal, I like when everything around me is finished as I don't find beauty with open (leveled) desert fields (no cactuses, etc; just some brush). Therefore I personally prefer north of the 10. But there are many developments that meet nearly every person's expectations that are extremely nice south of the 10. Nor do I like a lot of the flat, cleared open terrain in Chandler (while I like the developed area). But give me open terrain in Gold Canyon because it is natural beauty.

So as finger and others predicted, they assumed you have never bothered to experience developments south of the 10, like Vanderbilt Farms. So come clean; before fingers discussion of Vanderbilt Farms, you never heard of it. Have you? I'll admit it: neither have I. So you see why no one is buying your "I have a right to my opinion" counterpoint when it is obvious you don't have an accurate idea of what south of 10 looks like in 2017.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM

13,222 posts, read 7,280,089 times
I have been here since the 90's it's well known what areas of town one should stay away from unless if you like getting your home broken into and cars vandalized.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,272,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
By making a blanket statement to avoid one section of a city you presented your opinion as fact.

A preference would be "I prefer north of the 10 because....."

Instead you simply said "avoid south of the 10" as something that shouldn't be done or even considered, which is not only completely unhelpful it's a pretty ridiculous statement
In fairness, LBTRS did the EXACT same thing in the last sentence of post #4. I think he's only reacting to Kell because part of the area he would avoid is where LBTRS lives, which is understandable. People in the area of Laveen with $500,000 houses on larger lots might object to that though.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I have been here since the 90's it's well known what areas of town one should stay away from unless if you like getting your home broken into and cars vandalized.
Hey, I too like to cling to twenty year old stereotypes as opposed to actually learning about what I'm talking about and becoming educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area