Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,274,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You suggested that the OP Google the case, that you knew it happened in that neighborhood, and "wouldn't want to try to res-ell that house". I'd call that a "suggestion", but never mind. If it were the same house, it might be a "stigmatized property". But domestic violence cases, even out of the ordinary ones like that one, can, and do, happen anywhere. While it might be worth asking the realtors, I tend to doubt that the fact that something like that happened elsewhere in the neighborhood five years ago is the reason why two houses in the development have been on the market a long time, (and several others have not).

When I said "That house" I was referring to the crime scene, and merely suggested the OP research to make sure that is not the case. You give bad advice when you tell me (as a Realtor who has bought and sold over 100 properties) that a stigmatized property that was the scene of a quadruple murder suicide is not a big deal. It impacts the marketability. Worry about yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 12:14 PM

197 posts, read 271,217 times
Anything in Gilbert that's close to the 202 and inside it to the 60 is a great buy and a wise investment.

So many good things happening to Gilbert right now. Hands down the best planned and managed city in the Phoenix valley.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:22 PM

365 posts, read 423,428 times
Glad to know about these things everyone. I had no idea.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:25 PM

If there is a "stigma" based on those events in that neighborhood maybe a good deal can be had. This has to evaporate at some point no? How long can something like this effect the neighborhood.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:40 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,274,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
If there is a "stigma" based on those events in that neighborhood maybe a good deal can be had. This has to evaporate at some point no? How long can something like this effect the neighborhood.
Doubtful, I was referring to the house itself. As soon as I read "Lago Estancia" I remember that to be the community the event happened in. Observer said it is not even on the same street so it's doubtful it would impact the house you're looking at. I actually was looking at an investment property in the community directly West of this subdivision a couple years ago (Candlewood) and remembered the murder being in the area and looked for the address of the incident before offering on the property. Lago Estancia has a relatively small number of homes and since you mentioned a high DOM, I thought it was worth researching.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:07 PM

I cant find the street name where the event took place. If anyone has it id appreciate it.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:15 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
I cant find the street name where the event took place. If anyone has it id appreciate it.

Tumbleweed.

And, as I said, the event is/was NO reflection on the neighborhood. Domestic violence happens everywhere, even in million plus dollar neighborhoods. And, I agree with the comment upthread that whatever connection there might be fades out over time.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
I am moving there in a couple weeks!! I've been driving through the area on my daily commute for a long while. I'm actually very excited. I'll be sipping beers and fishing the lakes. the houses and neiborhood are all very nice. Never figured Gilbert as the place for me based on people's opinions here but, it seems awesome at this point. Maybe it's because of proximity to Chandler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area