Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2006, 05:27 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times

Advertisements

I don't know where this belongs, but it's kudos to Phoenix and actually makes me rethink my leaving.

There is a guy, Dr. Mike Newcomb, who has been on Air America Radio for as long as I can remember. I went throught the period where Air America went off the air here (due to this conservative town) and then re emerged. Ok, so then Mike Malloy gets kicked off the network for saying things like..."Have I told you how much I hate these people?" (referring to the Bush administration). Oh, what a loss. So then, a bunch of people sign a petition wanting to bring him back (I, for one, hate the Bush administration) and then Dr. Mike goes out and starts this whole new radio network called Nova M. Wow, a guy from Phoenix does this alone. I am so impressed and proud. So now I can listen to Mike (Malloy) vent every night on AM 1480.

Well, this is one good thing I have to share about Phoenix, irrespective of my other feelings about this town. There may be hope yet.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:54 PM

421 posts, read 347,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I don't know where this belongs, but it's kudos to Phoenix and actually makes me rethink my leaving.

There is a guy, Dr. Mike Newcomb, who has been on Air America Radio for as long as I can remember. I went throught the period where Air America went off the air here (due to this conservative town) and then re emerged. Ok, so then Mike Malloy gets kicked off the network for saying things like..."Have I told you how much I hate these people?" (referring to the Bush administration). Oh, what a loss. So then, a bunch of people sign a petition wanting to bring him back (I, for one, hate the Bush administration) and then Dr. Mike goes out and starts this whole new radio network called Nova M. Wow, a guy from Phoenix does this alone. I am so impressed and proud. So now I can listen to Mike (Malloy) vent every night on AM 1480.

Well, this is one good thing I have to share about Phoenix, irrespective of my other feelings about this town. There may be hope yet.

Air America has no audience in any town, not just this one.
We'll see how long AM 1480 last. My guess 6 months.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:35 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Air America has no audience in any town, not just this one.
We'll see how long AM 1480 last. My guess 6 months.
It's a whole new network, not with Air America. Dr. Mike is pretty smart and the plan is to be in 15-20 markets, via satellite very soon. I wouldn't discount this at all. When Mike Malloy was booted from Air America, thousands of people signed a petition to bring him back. There is an audience for him in Phoenix and Air America and left talk radio in this town. People actually coughed up the money to bring Air America back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area